Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Schuab
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Preacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Matt Schuab Reply with quote

What happened to him? is he OK, hurt useless? Is he worth trading for (Raiders Fan) I have used him in FF and liked him, just wondering if he has a future with the Texans.

Thanks JTJagg7754

There is good and evil, choose good.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line is that he is horrible. He had a good 5 year run (not counting his first season with us cause he got hurt), but he has reached his ceiling and he has taken the Texans as far as he could. I am positive he won't be returning to the Texans this year. Maybe he can latch on somewhere as a backup, but last Sunday was his final game as a Texan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schaub isn't terrible. He is a good QB with an above average arm and excellent accuracy. His biggest problem is that he panics under pressure resulting in mistakes and sacks. He could be a very good QB for a team with a strong O-line that can protect him. If I am Cleveland, I would offer the Texans a late-round pick for him.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
Schaub isn't terrible. He is a good QB with an above average arm and excellent accuracy. His biggest problem is that he panics under pressure resulting in mistakes and sacks. He could be a very good QB for a team with a strong O-line that can protect him. If I am Cleveland, I would offer the Texans a late-round pick for him.

I'm not saying that anyone should offer assets for Schaub - the book is out, the Texans are not keeping him at all.

This being said...when he hits the open market, there aren't many QBs better than him. He is a studious QB, will study until dawn. Can open up passing lanes with his play fakes and throws. A solid QB, can move the ball with relative ease. There are issues when the pressure gets up, but outside of that...eh, you could do worse. I mean, Sanchez is available, too. Let him compete with a young guy, he will look good and probably win a few starts. Think of who Matt Hasselbeck was: A good game manager who won't win games, but can manage a solid team.

More often than not, that's Matt.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schaub is amazing. Top 10 QB, dealt with some issues this season, should be good to go next season.....asking price is a 2nd rounder Very Happy

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
22 catches 262 yards
mse326

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Schaub is amazing. Top 10 QB, dealt with some issues this season, should be good to go next season.....asking price is a 2nd rounder Very Happy

If you're going to be sarcastic at least keep it up. Why they hell would you give up a top 10 QB for only a 2nd round pick?

#JDI
texansfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

While I know you are joking, Schaub's contract likely limits his trade value.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake Delhomme disease. Overachiever who was able to exceed his potential with hard work, confidence, and a system built to maximize his talent while limiting his exposure. The way I see it, the lisfranc further limited his mobility to a point beyond what could be hidden by scheme and something happened to his shoulder/arm strength around midseason 2012 that rendered him unable to get the required zip on the sideline routes, so he became a predictable inside the hashes passer. Once the confidence was shot, he just "lost it" and all the hard work and prep went out the window as he just was never the type of player that played well while pressing and his coach did him no favors with a tired playbook the entire league had long ago figure out.

I suspect that if placed in a situation behind an elite o-line and running game and a recovery from whatever happened to the pre-season/camp cannon I saw first hand in 2012 and the limp noodle that was leftover this season he could regain some form and help a good team that lost its Qb (think Kyle Orton). There was a time where I thought Schaub would make a lot of sense as a high end backup as if nothing else, he was an efficient game manager, but that was before the emergence of the pick 6 machine with rabbit ears that emerged this year. The last thing you want in a backup is someone who will come in and start turning the ball over or worse still is prone to shellshock.

The problem with Schaub at this point is that he was sooo terrible this year, wherever he lands he will have to overcome a pretty hefty level of skepticism and unlike some of the failed QBs who still held some allure due to their perceived unrealized upside (Pryor, Freeman, Gabbert, Vince Young, etc), Schaub is at best a Chad Henne, Jason Campbell, Ryan Fitzpatrick type placeholder and any team needing such a thing likely isn't sitting with the elite o-line situation Schaub requires. Sadly, I don't think Matty ever got his proper due when he was at the top of his game, but I also don't think QBs swimming in the lower end of the talent pool to start with are likely to ever get their mojo back as even ones with great tools rarely get it back (although Alex Smith certainly found some of that #1 overall mojo in the right situation this year).

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect Minnesota, who was somehow able to get some decent mileage out of Matt Cassel following one of the most inept seasons of all time, may be able to do something similar with Schaub.

LORK88
bigDallasFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on what the Matt Schaub situation is at this moment? I hear the Texans plan to release him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will most likely be a June 1st cut, at least we hope he is.
ManInTheMirror

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schaub is trash.
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schaub was a longer lasting Derek Anderson.
bigDallasFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on the Matt Schaub Situation? When do you guys think he's gonna get cut?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigDallasFan wrote:
Any news on the Matt Schaub Situation? When do you guys think he's gonna get cut?

Any news on Schaub? I heard he's going to be released. What teams do you think will sign him? Also, do you think he's doomed to hold a clipboard the rest of his career?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: