Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wild Card Round Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Wild Card Round Discussion Thread Reply with quote

Instead of posting thoughts in random threads about the upcoming playoff games this weekend and anything pertaining to the playoffs, let's keep posts centralized here.

And yes Finchy, it will be glorious to see the 49ers miserable in freezing temperatures Wink

Last edited by SoS on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Finchy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going for Cinci, Philly, Niners and Colts.

Hoping for Cinci, Philly, GB and Chiefs.

I know everyone seems to be on the Chargers as the 'surprise' team, but I honestly think that unless Dalton is truly atrocious, Bengals will crush them. They match-up really well against them, and Rivers is going have to have the game of his life for them to win.

I just want to see Andy Reid produce another superb gif, only reason I want the Chiefs to win.

Saints are a better team, but they look shaky on the road. Got dominated by us, Rams and Jets, and the offense was poor at Carolina. Don't trust that D either against Chip either.

The Niners are the spawn of satan, but are unfortunately quite good. The weather will be a leveller, however, and Rodgers is great so there is still hope. Would love GB to come to Seattle, our pass rush destroyed them last year, and we basically only had Clem.
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be rooting for the Eagles to win because I would love to knock out either the 49ers or Packers.
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Eagles or Packers. Neither are near as impressive as New Orleans or San Fran so give me the easiest road.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I'll be rooting for the Eagles to win because I would love to knock out either the 49ers or Packers.
I want to play the Eagles in the NFCC badly. So much crap being talked about Foles being the better QB. I want to see our D eat him up.

I'd prefer to have the 49ers and Philly win, but seeing the 49ers lose would be awesome. I'm just not in love with facing Rodgers in the playoffs

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Billal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, which team would be best for the Seahawks to play?

Green Bay

Niners

Saints?
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billal wrote:
So, which team would be best for the Seahawks to play?

Green Bay

Niners

Saints?

I'd be least worried about the Saints. No running game, limited weapons, shaky on the road. I think we'd kill them again. To play devil's advocate to my own opinion, it might not be good thing to play a team that is used to the environment and has seen our strategy. We might actually be best served going against Green Bay.

Regardless, I will be shocked if we lose in the Divisional Round. This team is going to come out hyped as hell.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think New Orleans is our best matchup. As much as I enjoy and appreciate what Drew Brees has done in his career, that offense, until it proves otherwise, is soft. Their running game has very little power in it. Mark Ingram is too slow to effectively attack our D and Sproles, while fast and elusive, doesn't have any power to get through the D when they catch him. Once we shut Jimmy Graham out of the offense they had no answer, they became one dimensional. I don't think the final score would be as lopsided, but I think that's our "easiest" matchiup.

The 49ers would be our hardest matchup. They are playing really well at the moment and these two teams know each other so well. I think in-game coaching could actually come into play with adjustments and re-adjustments. I would rather face them in the conference championship, though, because these games are so physical, that even winning takes so much out of the team that playing a game the following week would be tough.

The Packers are kind of scary because if they beat SF, they will be coming in on such a high note, and Aaron Rodgers when he gets hot can be unstoppable. I actually like how Eddie Lacy has come on this year. From out of shape in training camp, to playing really well at the end of the season. He seems like a poor mans Marshawn. He runs hard, but the 49ers game this week will be a test to see if he can really be a physical presence in the run game. Getting tough yards will be necessary to keep the Niners defense honest, if he can do that and the Packers win, they will be a tougher out for us than NO.
imani

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rooting for the eagles and niners. I want us to get to the SB through San Fran. Knocking them out of the playoffs would hurt them for YEARS

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big sherman puttin on a show fo sho u already know how its gonna go score gonne blow they a9int even know
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love to boot out the whiners, but them losing the wild card game is pretty sweet too. Happy either way. Really don't know if id rather us face Philly or NO. Probably rooting for.Philly. I think we would run all over their d and foles would struggle against this d in Seattle ....I don't think their offense would fair well against us. Although we do like to sub a lot and their fast pace would slow that down a bit

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hate is STRONG in this thread Laughing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this could be a game that comes down to it

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
The hate is STRONG in this thread Laughing.
As if you don't hate the Seahawks... Laughing

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SoS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Colts/Chiefs game is insane Laughing One of the craziest games I've ever watched.

Can't wait for the Saints/Eagles game! We'll know if tomorrow's 49ers/Packers game means anything to us by the end of the night.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: