Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could Aaron Hernandez ever play football again?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derekstanggt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Could Aaron Hernandez ever play football again? Reply with quote

Let's keep this focused more on the potential return of Hernandez as a football player, rather than argueing about whether he is guilty or not. I, in no way, condone his alleged crimes, nor am I downplaying them at all, if he is indeed guilty. If he is, he should be locked up for life.

That being said, we've seen in the past with players like Ray Lewis and Michael Vick, that they can come back to football and have a great career after doing time, or after serious run-ins with the law. Hernandez is only 24 now, and during his brief career was one of the most electric players in the NFL, and not just at the TE position. As the case progresses, it's looking more and more like the evidence is all circumstantial, which leaves potential for him to not do serious time. He will obviously always represent a huge risk, and I doubt the Patriots would EVER sign him again, but do you think another team might take a risk on him if he were to come back in a year or so? It seems there are always those teams who choose to look past glaring character issues.
x0x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His playoff numbers should raise more eyebrows at the end of the day.

I think he'd be taken by any team that needs a boost. I wouldn't rule out a team like Green Bay taking him on.

It would probably take a full season away from his legal troubles being deal with. Best case scenario you'd be looking at 2016.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's probably going to have a hitch in his step when he gets out...

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, T Coleman, E McCarthy. Fire BillyD!?
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the NFL? No.

In the prisoners vs. guards game? Yes.

Bookable

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two scenarios here:

If he is found not guilty and released: Yes, he could be picked up by a team that needed a boost as long as he was still in good condition, and in 5 years time no one would even discuss the murder charges save for trolls making jokes.

If he is found guilty, serves time, and then gets released(I have no idea how steep the possible charges are, I would assume life in jail but I have no clue how unlikely this one is): No, he will never play again. No owner in the league is going to sign a convicted felon, even with his talent, because of the negative PR. He would lose too much money by doing it.

~!Book

I am a fan of the sport and of the league. I try not to favor any team too much. I am a self-declared bandwagon fan.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bookable wrote:
Two scenarios here:

If he is found not guilty and released: Yes, he could be picked up by a team that needed a boost as long as he was still in good condition, and in 5 years time no one would even discuss the murder charges save for trolls making jokes.

If he is found guilty, serves time, and then gets released(I have no idea how steep the possible charges are, I would assume life in jail but I have no clue how unlikely this one is): No, he will never play again. No owner in the league is going to sign a convicted felon, even with his talent, because of the negative PR. He would lose too much money by doing it.

~!Book

CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
I wouldn't rule out a team like Green Bay taking him on.

Green Bay is probably the last team that would take a chance on him. The only way he plays in the NFL again IMO is if he's found not guilty.
Bookable

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Bookable wrote:
Two scenarios here:

~!Book

I know I said convicted felon, and Vick was a felon...but c'mon. You have to realize that dogfighting charges are a little different than anything related with murder, right? Not that they should be - I am a firm believer that all life is equal - but they are.

I am a fan of the sport and of the league. I try not to favor any team too much. I am a self-declared bandwagon fan.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Ray Lewis charged, and did he go to trial?

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
Donut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bookable wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Bookable wrote:
Two scenarios here:

~!Book

I know I said convicted felon, and Vick was a felon...but c'mon. You have to realize that dogfighting charges are a little different than anything related with murder, right? Not that they should be - I am a firm believer that all life is equal - but they are.

Agreed. 2 completely different levels of issues. Vick at least came out and it was a redemption story and many still detested him. You could feel pretty safe your that wasnt going to dog fight again.

AH... Would you want any young player around him. Murderer, habitual drug user, anger problems, and weapon charges. If by some way he gets off on all charges I'd be shocked if he doesn't go back to various drugs. the sociopathic things coming out about him along w/ the previously feared affiliations that helped his stock fall look true.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see it, it's too serious.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
In the NFL? No.

In the prisoners vs. guards game? Yes.

Hilarious!

I don't see many if any teams, risk signing him. Maybe if he doesn't end up serving any time. But being linked to not 1 but 2 potential murders, it might be '1 too many'....
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if h is found guilty he should never get out of prison
marky mark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
I wouldn't rule out a team like Green Bay taking him on.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he'll leave prison for the rest of his life. So, no.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: