Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpbeatch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
CJ supporters will always be around..... Sigh..

Lol, I don't understand why there are so many CJ haters. I definitely don't think he's worth 8 million, but the dude wears Titan blue.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansfanatic59 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Of course, why wouldn't you support the best player on the team?

I think we all support Kendall Wright, Jurrell Casey, and Jason McCourty.

CJ struggled to get 1,000 yards rushing this season. We can get that production from a middle round rookie. We can't live in the past forever.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin
Justin615$

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love for CJ to be back at 3.5 million at the most. There is no way to justify paying him 8 million. He already said he will not take a pay cut to be back here, but would to play somewhere else. That shows he wants out. I think both parties would benefit from a separation.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin
titansfanatic59

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
titansfanatic59 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

CJ struggled to get 1,000 yards rushing this season. We can get that production from a middle round rookie. We can't live in the past forever.

Jason is cousins with one of my best friends, ive been a fan of his since Rutgers, but i can promise you he is not the best player on this team. He got cooked by DeAndre Hopkins in his second week as a pro.

Kendall struggled to get to 1,000 yards also... there is no talk of cutting him, partially because he is not making Chris money, but even so people love the new guy, its easy to write off the old guy because we get bored with his accomplishments, sports fans in general are always looking for the next best thing, so you interpret Kendall's 1,000 with the bias of potential, but you see the 1,000 that Chris put up and immediately write it off because he has done better before.

As far as Casey goes, he is a stud and i love him but again he hasn't dominated for more than a year, he really stepped into that franchise caliber player role this season, and while i fully expect him to do it again, i can't call him a superstar yet.

Im not saying these are not good players, i think if i had to list the talented players on our team behind Chris, i would not have been able to put together a better list of players than you did, but Chris is still the most talented player on this team, and removing him from the team, in my opinion only puts us in a worse position to compete.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpbeatch wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Lol, I don't understand why there are so many CJ haters. I definitely don't think he's worth 8 million, but the dude wears Titan blue.

It's classic my side vs your side. My side is better than yours. Smile

Anyway. CJ isn't the best player on the team. If he is, he doesn't show it properly. Whether it be his talent or his effort, he hasn't shown himself to be the best player on the team anymore.

We can get the same or better from a rookie.

I loved CJ more than anyone. I ran around the house when he was drafted. His time has come to an end for the Titans.
titansfanatic59

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
carpbeatch wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Anyway. CJ isn't the best player on the team. If he is, he doesn't show it properly. Whether it be his talent or his effort, he hasn't shown himself to be the best player on the team anymore.

I loved CJ more than anyone. I ran around the house when he was drafted. His time has come to an end for the Titans.

If we move on from Chris and find success, and finally make the playoffs, i would have no problem admitting i was wrong. If we move on and i am right i wouldn't be the one to post about it, because it would mean that we don't find success and at the end of the day we all want to win.

When we do move on from Chris i just hope there is a plan, and that were not just doing it for the sake of saving money.

With that being said its about damn time we return to the playoffs, 2008 feels like a lifetime ago.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansfanatic59 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
carpbeatch wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

If we move on from Chris and find success, and finally make the playoffs, i would have no problem admitting i was wrong. If we move on and i am right i wouldn't be the one to post about it, because it would mean that we don't find success and at the end of the day we all want to win.

When we do move on from Chris i just hope there is a plan, and that were not just doing it for the sake of saving money.

With that being said its about damn time we return to the playoffs, 2008 feels like a lifetime ago.

I just feel confident we will be a better team than last year, at least better coached.

CJ may and most likely go somewhere else and tear it up, but he just wasn't going to do that here.
I think it's a combo of money and production. He isn't playing like a playmaker yet getting playmaker money. He is paid better than some QBs.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

I just feel confident we will be a better team than last year, at least better coached.

CJ may and most likely go somewhere else and tear it up, but he just wasn't going to do that here.
I think it's a combo of money and production. He isn't playing like a playmaker yet getting playmaker money. He is paid better than some QBs.

Well said Sir! Everything in bold pretty much sums up the whole "Release CJ" argument. And the large print hits the nail dead on the head.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansfanatic59 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
titansfanatic59 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Jason is cousins with one of my best friends, ive been a fan of his since Rutgers, but i can promise you he is not the best player on this team. He got cooked by DeAndre Hopkins in his second week as a pro.

Kendall struggled to get to 1,000 yards also... there is no talk of cutting him, partially because he is not making Chris money, but even so people love the new guy, its easy to write off the old guy because we get bored with his accomplishments, sports fans in general are always looking for the next best thing, so you interpret Kendall's 1,000 with the bias of potential, but you see the 1,000 that Chris put up and immediately write it off because he has done better before.

As far as Casey goes, he is a stud and i love him but again he hasn't dominated for more than a year, he really stepped into that franchise caliber player role this season, and while i fully expect him to do it again, i can't call him a superstar yet.

Im not saying these are not good players, i think if i had to list the talented players on our team behind Chris, i would not have been able to put together a better list of players than you did, but Chris is still the most talented player on this team, and removing him from the team, in my opinion only puts us in a worse position to compete.

Lol McCourty did not get "cooked". He was all over Hopkins and for some reason Schaub was throwing perfect balls and Hopkins was making great catches. 1v1 it is going to hard to defend those situations regardless of a receivers experience. McCourty needed to do more to break up the pass once Hopkins had his hands on it, but he was all over him.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're paying big time money to a player who isn't making big time plays, and hasn't done so on a consistent basis in 3 years. I guess what I'm saying is I don't understand why anyone who has been a fan for the last 3 years would want to retain Chris Johnson when a number of running backs have came out in the last 3 years and outperformed him for far less commitment and $$$$.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as we all knew... Fitz is gone.

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2014/3/14/5509592/titans-release-ryan-fitzpatrick
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we were signing the great Michael Oher we let the Raider sign Antonio Smith, typical Titans Rolling Eyes
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
While we were signing the great Michael Oher we let the Raider sign Antonio Smith, typical Titans Rolling Eyes

Didn't want Smith anyway so blah. Guy isn't that great.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:

I didn't want Anthony Smith. I don't think I could have overlooked his Texans history. I hate that guy to tell ya the truth.
615finest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@MichaelOher: RT @Crushboy31: Welcome @MichaelOher! It's time to get another RING together... #TitanUp# <no doubt bro thanks for the word you put in 4 me!

Apparently Pollard put a good word in for Oher

Lavelle " The Hawk" Hawkins coming to a stadium near u!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 48 of 61

Jump to: