Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still holding out hope we give Wilfork a call.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
I'm still holding out hope we give Wilfork a call.

Pats need to cut him first though (I dont think the have yet, but who knows I havent been checking lately) Laughing

Props to Kempes ^
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman88 wrote:

Pats need to cut him first though (I dont think the have yet, but who knows I havent been checking lately) Laughing

I thought they had. I didn't realize he was asking for it haha.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
Iceman88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
Iceman88 wrote:

I thought they had. I didn't realize he was asking for it haha.

yea I think he demanded his release since they were asking him for a paycut

Props to Kempes ^
Ockham

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
Now I would like to pick up Pat Sims, Anthony Dixon, and Shaun Philips (if he is not wanting too much money). Or I would be alright releasing Wimbley and bringing him back on a one year prove it deal.

How come Anthony Dixon?

Trade CJ to Arizona for AndreEllington. Wonder how much we would have to throw in?

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
titansfanatic59

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol i know I'm not the only one who understands that when we let Chris Johnson go, that we take a step back in terms of competing in this division. People whine about his 8 million dollar salary but between Whitehurst and Woodyard, thats 8 Million right there. Chris still accounted for nearly 1500 yards and 10 touchdowns last season, so don't tell me that he is done, don't tell me he isn't worth the money. He is the most explosive RB this team has ever seen and is probably the all time great in terms of Home Run threat at the RB position.

While i know his release is imminent, i really don't look forward to sundays when we cant move the ball, because we have no playmaker at the running back position, and Jake will more than likely struggle, because he is essentially still a rookie, and to be honest has not shown much outside maybe 5 games in his career.

CJ Rant over. Just frustrated seeing my favorite Titan of all time, soon to be in another uniform, something that has become somewhat of a trademark of this franchise.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansfanatic59 wrote:
Lol i know I'm not the only one who understands that when we let Chris Johnson go, that we take a step back in terms of competing in this division. People whine about his 8 million dollar salary but between Whitehurst and Woodyard, thats 8 Million right there. Chris still accounted for nearly 1500 yards and 10 touchdowns last season, so don't tell me that he is done, don't tell me he isn't worth the money. He is the most explosive RB this team has ever seen and is probably the all time great in terms of Home Run threat at the RB position.

While i know his release is imminent, i really don't look forward to sundays when we cant move the ball, because we have no playmaker at the running back position, and Jake will more than likely struggle, because he is essentially still a rookie, and to be honest has not shown much outside maybe 5 games in his career.

CJ Rant over. Just frustrated seeing my favorite Titan of all time, soon to be in another uniform, something that has become somewhat of a trademark of this franchise.

Between Whitehurst and Woodyard, that's 6 million next year, not 8. His deal is really 2mil a year with incentives unlikely to be met.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 70 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 2 INTS, 2 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 11 TKLS, 0 SACKS
titansfanatic59

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
titansfanatic59 wrote:

Between Whitehurst and Woodyard, that's 6 million next year, not 8. His deal is really 2mil a year with incentives unlikely to be met.

Regardless, the incentives are there, so is the opportunity for them to cost us 8 million, I don't know the specifics of the incentives, but the incentives were hardly the point of my post.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansfanatic59 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
titansfanatic59 wrote:

Regardless, the incentives are there, so is the opportunity for them to cost us 8 million, I don't know the specifics of the incentives, but the incentives were hardly the point of my post.

CJ ISN'T WORTH 8 MILLION. Just about anyone in the NFL can come in and put up the numbers he has put up the last 2 years, for a lot cheaper.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ supporters will always be around..... Sigh..

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: The #Titans are expected to release veteran QB Ryan Fitzpatrick today. His $500,000 roster bonus is due fifth day of league year”

And there it is... Cap experts, how much does this save us?

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
“@jwyattsports: The #Titans are expected to release veteran QB Ryan Fitzpatrick today. His $500,000 roster bonus is due fifth day of league year”

And there it is... Cap experts, how much does this save us?

$3,250,000.

I'm not an expert, but it's listed here: http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Titans

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
Justin615$

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Titans released QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.

We knew this one was coming, but it's still a head scratcher. Fitzpatrick is not quite a starting-caliber quarterback, but is a high-end backup, one capable of winning games. That's important for a team with one of the league's most brittle starters, but instead the Titans are going with an embarrassingly bad Charlie Whitehurst. Fitzpatrick was due just $2.75 million in 2014, so it's not about money. The Titans like Checkdown Charlie's experience in coach Ken Whisenhunt's system, but they're not going to like the chance he gives them to win if he's forced to play. Fitz vaults to the top of a weak quarterback class.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
titansfanatic59

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin615$ wrote:
titansfanatic59 wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
titansfanatic59 wrote:

CJ ISN'T WORTH 8 MILLION. Just about anyone in the NFL can come in and put up the numbers he has put up the last 2 years, for a lot cheaper.

So anyone in the league can put up 2897 yards over a two year span ?

Because by my calculations (feel free to prove me wrong, i did this two minutes ago) there are only 5 RB's in the league who have more yards from scrimmage the last two years...

Adrian Peterson 3,751
Jamaal Charles 3,725
Matt Forte 3,367
Marshawn Lynch 3,359
LeSean McCoy 3,359
Alfred Morris 3,043
Chris Johnson 2,897

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
CJ supporters will always be around..... Sigh..

Of course, why wouldn't you support the best player on the team?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 47 of 61

Jump to: