Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wildcard Round: Chargers @ Bengals
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Wildcard Round: Chargers @ Bengals Reply with quote

AT

Week 13: Bengals 17 - Chargers 10

First time around was a loss at home, and now the Bolts have to go into their house. A tough team, but they are a team that can be beat.

Keys to winning

-Have AJ Green kidnapped
-Control the ball
-Make Dalton throw the ball
-Keep it from being thrown to Green

If it gets to be a shootout, I don't think Dalton will be able to keep up.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Duffman57

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Wildcard Round: Chargers @ Bengals Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Keys to winning

-Have AJ Green kidnapped
-Control the ball
-Make Dalton throw the ball
-Keep it from being thrown to Green

If it gets to be a shootout, I don't think Dalton will be able to keep up.

We need to make sure to capitalize on Dalton's mistakes. He's proven that he's going to make a couple of mistakes a game, we gotta catch those mistakes, and not only cause the turnovers but make them pay for them.

Defensively i think you got it right, we need to gash them in the run game like we've been doing the last few weeks. They have an outstanding pass rush, so short throws, power runs and long drives are whats going to beat them.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a key to this game is to avoid the situation where Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis can run it down our throats. I don't know exactly what has happened to our run D the last 5 weeks, but we have been getting cut open, especially from power backs. And Green-Ellis has had success against us in the past.

An early lead would be ideal. It might force Cincinatti to abandon the running game and encourage mistake-prone Dalton into forcing throws.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
An early lead would be ideal. It might force Cincinatti to abandon the running game and encourage mistake-prone Dalton into forcing throws.

That is my #1 concern. Dalton is going to need time to calm down and get into a groove (Unless Gruden scripts the first drive of the game beautifully). Bengals need to weather the early storm and keep the Chargers to FGs like we did the Ravens until Dalton and the offense can get in rhythm...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Zappaz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, the weather looks to be nasty for this one. 100% chance for rain then changing to snow throughout the game, 35F to around freezing to finish the game. The biggest thing will be holding on to the ball in these conditions. I feel like this will be a perfect game for our offense with shorter passes and ground n pound mentality. Just worried about turnovers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
Ugh, the weather looks to be nasty for this one. 100% chance for rain then changing to snow throughout the game, 35F to around freezing to finish the game. The biggest thing will be holding on to the ball in these conditions. I feel like this will be a perfect game for our offense with shorter passes and ground n pound mentality. Just worried about turnovers.

I was bored a did a little write up of our Week 13 matchup. You're right, really physical football.
game3525

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:

Snow usually helps the offensive line, which is a good thing for us because that is what the game will come down too. If we can protect, we can move the ball on this secondary and I trust Rivers a hell off a lot more in the elements then I do Dalton.

Should be a fun game.
Zappaz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The National Weather Service issued a winter storm warning for the Cincinnati area that will effect downtown Cincinnati, where Paul Brown Stadium is located, from 5 a.m. Sunday through 1 a.m. Monday.

A heavy accumulation of snow between 4 to 8 inches is expected.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buhahaha I like our chances winning a slopfest which is what this gamr sounds like it's going to be. That much snow and I'm going with the quarterback that is tougher.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully a good game today with no major injuries or horrible calls by the refs...

MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Inactive for the Chargers are NT Sean Lissemore, S Brandon Taylor, WR Lavelle Hawkins, CB Marcus Cromartie, OT Kenny Wiggins, OL Steve Schilling, and QB Brad Sorensen.

Lissemore is out, which means Geathers is active for the first time since the beginning of the season. Hopefully his size can plug hold, and slow down the running game.

Rotoworld wrote:
Cincinnati's inactives are CB Terence Newman, RB Rex Burkhead, TE Kevin Brock, WR Ryan Whalen, DT Ogemdi Nwagbuo, WR Dane Sanzenbacher, and T Tanner Hawkinson. Dre Kirkpatrick will replace Newman.

Never disappointing to see a starting CB out.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Wilkieray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit before the catch. How does the Calvin Johnson rule not apply here
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the big win guys. Boy, you don't know how much that hurt.

The 'Curse of Bo Jackson' continues......
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the win. God I hate Dalton...

RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donald Butler is as good as any of the tier 2 ILB's. Guys a monster.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: