Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC South Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: NFC South Thread Reply with quote

I thought this would be a good thread to discuss the teams in are division. Especially since the Bucs just hired Lovie Smith.

Thoughts?

I think he'll make them consistent. May not win a super bowl there or anything, but can get them to 8+ wins every year IMO.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has a good QB, defense can only add talent, the Bucs will surprise people. Carolina will be competitive with more offensive weapons and a steady backfield. Atlanta may have been horrible this year, but they are still very good, they don't fool me.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is obviously very early predictions and are 97% likely to change based on additions in the draft and such, but from just looking at the schedules and what venue they're played in.. I am seeing:

Saints: 13-3 (L: @49ers, @Panthers, @Falcons) I think we would likely lose a home game, the stats just all go against you to go 8-0 at home 2 seasons in a row, and I think it'd be to the Packers, but I think that game will be primetime. Which I don't see us losing. If it's not primetime, 12-4.

Panthers: 11-5

Bucs: 10-6

Falcons: 8-8

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: NFC South Thread Reply with quote

Lovie Smith to Tampa is a concern... The Buccaneers have a lot of great young defensive talent on that roster and it won't be long before Lovie has that squad a top 5 unit. THe question is can Tefford deliver a comparable offense for the Bucs to challenge in the SOUTH?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
This is obviously very early predictions and are 97% likely to change based on additions in the draft and such, but from just looking at the schedules and what venue they're played in.. I am seeing:

Saints: 13-3 (L: @49ers, @Panthers, @Falcons) I think we would likely lose a home game, the stats just all go against you to go 8-0 at home 2 seasons in a row, and I think it'd be to the Packers, but I think that game will be primetime. Which I don't see us losing. If it's not primetime, 12-4.

Saints: 12-4

Atlanta: 13-3

Panthers: 10-6

Bucs: 6-8
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

6-8?

wut.

No way does Atlanta go 13-3 next season IMO. They are not going to be able to rebuild all the problems with that team in one season, plus they have a pretty hard schedule.

AWAY:
Rams
Ravens
Bengals
Packers
Vikings
Saints
Panthers
Bucs

HOME:
Redskins
Browns
Steelers
Lions
Bears
Saints
Panthers
Bucs

I can't see 13-3 from that at all.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

6-8?

wut.

No way does Atlanta go 13-3 next season IMO. They are not going to be able to rebuild all the problems with that team in one season, plus they have a pretty hard schedule.

AWAY:
Rams
Ravens
Bengals
Packers
Vikings
Saints
Panthers
Bucs

HOME:
Redskins
Browns
Steelers
Lions
Bears
Saints
Panthers
Bucs

I can't see 13-3 from that at all.

Bucs: 6-10 lol nice typo huh.

The Bucs will have a lot of changes, and I don't see them getting better overnight. They will be competitive yes, but break even or 10 wins? I don't see it.

Atlanta needs to fix the Oline and add few pieces on defense. They will comeback with all that talent next year. And the hard games at home, where they have a good track record. And that schedule doesn't look tough, Rams, Packers and Bengals may give them problems, and a loss to one division rival.

Panthers I think stay at 10 wins, that offense is starving for talent. And the panthers D made the playoffs if anything.

Saints at 12-4 sounds about right. Either by slow start or slump around middle of season. The entire division new with the hiring of Lovie means the other teams are built to beat the Saints, and if the Atlanta Falcons were not surprising bad we'd be looking at a 10-6 or 9-7 season.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers signed Ron Rivera to a 3 year extension. He earned it this season.. unfortunately. Hopefully they regret this decision and fire him after a terrible 2014 season. Very Happy

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
kelsobob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:

The Bucs will have a lot of changes, and I don't see them getting better overnight. They will be competitive yes, but break even or 10 wins? I don't see it.

Atlanta needs to fix the Oline and add few pieces on defense. They will comeback with all that talent next year. And the hard games at home, where they have a good track record. And that schedule doesn't look tough, Rams, Packers and Bengals may give them problems, and a loss to one division rival.

Panthers I think stay at 10 wins, that offense is starving for talent. And the panthers D made the playoffs if anything.

Saints at 12-4 sounds about right. Either by slow start or slump around middle of season. The entire division new with the hiring of Lovie means the other teams are built to beat the Saints, and if the Atlanta Falcons were not surprising bad we'd be looking at a 10-6 or 9-7 season.

Atlanta has serious issues on the Oline. Their LT had one decent season with the other 4 being injured. LG is pretty stable but sort of avg.
C, RG and RT are HUGE question marks that wont be all fixed this off season.
On the Dline, they have no DT signed with experience. All 3 of their top DTs are FAs. They have no pass rushers outside of Osi and he has been avg the last few years. I think these are way too many issues to fix in one off season and I cant see them getting to 10 wins. ALL that talent is pretty much Jones and White now. TG is gone. The Oline limits Sjax, who cant create his own lanes anymore.
I could see the Bucs getting 10 way before I see the falcons doing it.
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelsobob wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:

Atlanta has serious issues on the Oline. Their LT had one decent season with the other 4 being injured. LG is pretty stable but sort of avg.
On the Dline, they have no DT signed with experience. All 3 of their top DTs are FAs. They have no pass rushers outside of Osi and he has been avg the last few years. I think these are way too many issues to fix in one off season and I cant see them getting to 10 wins. ALL that talent is pretty much Jones and White now. TG is gone. The Oline limits Sjax, who cant create his own lanes anymore.

The Falcons had a rough year with injuries and not getting anything going on offense. They took a gamble on Osi and it didn't pay off. They get ahold of a few players on defense and replace a player like TG they can get back in it.
kelsobob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
kelsobob wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:

The Falcons had a rough year with injuries and not getting anything going on offense. They took a gamble on Osi and it didn't pay off. They get ahold of a few players on defense and replace a player like TG they can get back in it.

It's going to be hard to fix both lines in one off season.
They had quite a few injuries but they also didn't have anything on the lines before injuries.
They were going with 3 new starters on the oline and only 1 had an injury. The others just sucked. Having Baker back will help but his history of being injured doesn't help that they have no back ups.
The defense will be OK but they're still missing a lot on the dline.
I definitely see them being better but not 10 wins.
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelsobob wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
kelsobob wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:

They had quite a few injuries but they also didn't have anything on the lines before injuries.
They were going with 3 new starters on the oline and only 1 had an injury. The others just sucked. Having Baker back will help but his history of being injured doesn't help that they have no back ups.

I'm just just asserting that I'm not going to underestimate them. Out of a 4-12 record, 9 of those losses were by -7/ 7 by -4 and 2 by -1. So a little over 5 games winnable and 2 better played they're at 11 wins.
kelsobob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
kelsobob wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
kelsobob wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:

I'm just just asserting that I'm not going to underestimate them. Out of a 4-12 record, 9 of those losses were by -7/ 7 by -4 and 2 by -1. So a little over 5 games winnable and 2 better played they're at 11 wins.

Against us, SF and Carolina, they had the game in their hands and faltered. Some of the others were very close. I just think with their trenches so bad, they wont get the "bounces" good teams are accustomed too. I agree with you that they cant be overlooked.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@vxmcclure23: Falcons have reportedly released Asante Samuel and Stephen Nicholas. Team expected to send out release today about roster moves.

Quote:
@brian_mcintyre: By releasing Asante Samuel & Stephen Nicholas, #Falcons save $7.5M in cash & $6.5M in cap space in 2014.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN Bucs blogger Pat Yasinskas says the Bucs need to upgrade at tight end.
Source: ESPN.com Feb 6 - 9:35 AM

Now, what if we were to shake things up BIGTIME. I already know that I'll get a TON of flack for this but here we go:

We tag/trade Jimmy to Bucs for 1st, 2nd, and 4th, make the needed restructures and cuts, use FA to sign Talib, Whitner or Shields, and Maclin. Now, discuss Cool

^NS922 on the sig^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: