Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BUCCANEERS HIRE LOVIE SMITH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to dig what the Glazers did here, they identified Lovie as the guy they wanted and didn't let him leave town w/o a deal in place, and they had no intentions of letting the Lions lure him away.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Have to dig what the Glazers did here, they identified Lovie as the guy they wanted and didn't let him leave town w/o a deal in place, and they had no intentions of letting the Lions lure him away.

It makes a change. They have been slow on the previous 3 hires.

Doug Martin
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listened to wdae at work this morning and they had a lot of good things to say. Not only bc of the addition of lovie but many think it was best to have the gm in mind but not apart of this search. It felt like there was a disconnect in Tampa that Dom had all final decisions in everything except who is active on game day.

It benefits that the gm and coach can work together and many have linked smith to Ballard whom there is a strong connection too.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Why does our website not have any information on the Lovie Smith hire? Confused Anyone know or hear when press conferences will be?

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Official-Release-Bucs-Hire-Smith/daabfe13-02e4-4e2f-8449-f84f96e69860

Quote:
An introductory press conference will be held in the team auditorium at One Buccaneer place at 2:00 p.m. ET on Monday, Jan. 6. The event will also be carried live on Buccaneers.com.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
Why does our website not have any information on the Lovie Smith hire? Confused Anyone know or hear when press conferences will be?

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Official-Release-Bucs-Hire-Smith/daabfe13-02e4-4e2f-8449-f84f96e69860

Quote:
An introductory press conference will be held in the team auditorium at One Buccaneer place at 2:00 p.m. ET on Monday, Jan. 6. The event will also be carried live on Buccaneers.com.

Sweet! Guess they just had to ink the deal and process it before any info was posted or press conference times were set. I wonder if Chris Ballard will be hired and introduced as the GM by then or not.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
mfw096

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

Quote:

Sweet! Guess they just had to ink the deal and process it before any info was posted or press conference times were set. I wonder if Chris Ballard will be hired and introduced as the GM by then or not.

They Glazers probably have the feeling they will have their GM as well so thats what the delay is for so both coach and GM can be at the press conference on Monday.
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read that all of Schianos staff will be gone.

Out of everyone I was really hoping Byner and even Wannstedt would be retained. Bwould have liked to see Bryan Cox be retained as well.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:

Out of everyone I was really hoping Byner and even Wannstedt would be retained. Bwould have liked to see Bryan Cox be retained as well.

Yeah even bostad I was hoping to come back.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:

Yup. I wish we could have found a way to keep Bostad, Byner and Cox, but this is what normally happens when a new coach comes in. Collateral damage.

https://twitter.com/gregauman/statuses/419126518053621760

Quote:
Sounds like all of Greg Schiano's assistant coaches have been formally notified by Bucs they won't be retained. Not aware of any kept on.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's sucks. Had a few quality guys that could of helped us out.

ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
ABucNBradenton wrote:

Yup. I wish we could have found a way to keep Bostad, Byner and Cox, but this is what normally happens when a new coach comes in. Collateral damage.

Quote:
Sounds like all of Greg Schiano's assistant coaches have been formally notified by Bucs they won't be retained. Not aware of any kept on.

the report also says that nothing is official and the Bucs may look to bring some assistants back under different terms. With Byners track record I dont see how we let him go. Look what he has done witj Martin, Lorig, Leonard, James, and Rainey. Not to mention he had to coach under the incapable Schiano and Sullivan.

#keepbyner
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
ABucNBradenton wrote:

Quote:

the report also says that nothing is official and the Bucs may look to bring some assistants back under different terms. With Byners track record I dont see how we let him go. Look what he has done witj Martin, Lorig, Leonard, James, and Rainey. Not to mention he had to coach under the incapable Schiano and Sullivan.

#keepbyner

I think once lovie sits down with and evaluates last season with Ballard , he will look at what the strengths were and possbily keep guys like cox Byner and bostad, unless he already has guys he's worked with in mind.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs Insider: The New Head Coach

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Bucs-Insider-The-New-Head-Coach/68dcd69c-782e-470a-8850-c076f6e4f135

deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

Quote:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport is told new Bucs coach Lovie Smith has "big plans" for Darrelle Revis.
RapSheet confirms Revis "absolutely" has a future in Tampa Bay. There was speculation otherwise immediately after the hire because Smith's background is in Cover-2 zone, but Lovie uses far more man-to-man coverage than popular opinion posits. Revis is going to be a star in Tampa.

Well I know what def I'm selecting in all my fantasy leagues next year.

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lovie Smith’s contract contains the clause that gives him final say over all personnel matters on the Buccaneers' final 53-man roster.
10:45am - 5 Jan 14

Adam Schefter on Twitter.com

Awesome. A GM should not have final say on 53 man roster cuts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: