Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Coaching Staff Transactions (OL Coach Drevno to USC)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: 49ers Coaching Staff Transactions (OL Coach Drevno to USC) Reply with quote

I think our staff will have some turnover... Along with some interviews

First up
Quote:
49ers to lose offensive line coach Drevno to USC

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-lose-offensive-line-coach-drevno-usc

he will be their ol coach and their running game coordinator

didnt understand and still dont why coaches leave the nfl to to go to college for the same job... by choice
to each their own though

i doubt roman gets a shot. hoping we are able to keep tomsula for a few more years.

new sig... sorry alex
AMG1713

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it's a weird move. If Roman got a head coaching gig, I figured Drevno would be his offensive coordinator. It's not a huge lose, though, considering we had two o-line coaches.

Overall, I've gotten more comfortable with the idea of losing Roman and even Fangio. I feel like Geep Chryst and Ed Donatell would be fine replacements. I'm actually worried the most about losing Jim Tomsula. I don't want him to ever ever ever ever ever never ever leave... ever. Sad
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you guys tell me a little about Tomsula. He is supposedly BOBs candidate for DC in Houston if OBrien comes. Thanks.
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 3m
Teams are eying the #49ers staff HC openings: OC Greg Roman and DL coach Jim Tomsula are being looked at, per league sources.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Can you guys tell me a little about Tomsula. He is supposedly BOBs candidate for DC in Houston if OBrien comes. Thanks.

I can tell you that if you take him I will hate you guys forever.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drevno probably has a better chance for advancement in college than in the NFL, and will probably have a lot more responsibilities in USC than on our staff.

The hope is that Jonathan Goodwin will retire and take his place. I'd love that. He's already a coach on the field and the guys probably like him already.

If we lose Tomsula (he does deserve a DC job, let's be honest. It would suck to lose him, but it has to happen some day), my dream replacement would be none other than currently unemployed... BRYANT YOUNG! Yes! I know there seems to be a theme, here. Hiring coaches among the former player pool. Hire Jerry Rice as WR coach instead of Johnny Morton. Or if he's not interested in coaching, as a part-time consultant (offseason, preseason and occasionally during the season!). Steve is doing too well on TV to take the QB coaching job, but that would be amazing too. Seriously, if Steve Young wanted to coach the team, even though he's never coached, I'd consider firing Harbaugh... but that's just me and my man-love for Steve Young. And if we need a new TE coach, I'd go for Eric Johnson. He's a smart guy (ivy league, no?), I loved him as a player, and he brings a hot wife with him. If we end up promoting Geep to OC one day, we could replace him with Jeff Garcia! We already have our former niner legend as RB coach, so that's set.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
struby3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Drevno probably has a better chance for advancement in college than in the NFL, and will probably have a lot more responsibilities in USC than on our staff.

The hope is that Jonathan Goodwin will retire and take his place. I'd love that. He's already a coach on the field and the guys probably like him already.

If we lose Tomsula (he does deserve a DC job, let's be honest. It would suck to lose him, but it has to happen some day), my dream replacement would be none other than currently unemployed... BRYANT YOUNG! Yes! I know there seems to be a theme, here. Hiring coaches among the former player pool. Hire Jerry Rice as WR coach instead of Johnny Morton. Or if he's not interested in coaching, as a part-time consultant (offseason, preseason and occasionally during the season!). Steve is doing too well on TV to take the QB coaching job, but that would be amazing too. Seriously, if Steve Young wanted to coach the team, even though he's never coached, I'd consider firing Harbaugh... but that's just me and my man-love for Steve Young. And if we need a new TE coach, I'd go for Eric Johnson. He's a smart guy (ivy league, no?), I loved him as a player, and he brings a hot wife with him. If we end up promoting Geep to OC one day, we could replace him with Jeff Garcia! We already have our former niner legend as RB coach, so that's set.

And OJ Simpson as offensive quality control!?!?!?
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

struby3 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

And OJ Simpson as offensive quality control!?!?!?

That would be a demotion for OJ. Isn,t he HC in prison?

neezy007

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought Gore would be a good RB coach. Btw I hope someone takes roman off our hands.

LEAVE TOMSULA ALONE HOUSTON.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
I always thought Gore would be a good RB coach. Btw I hope someone takes roman off our hands.

LEAVE TOMSULA ALONE HOUSTON.

If they take Tomsula, the least they could do is take Roman as well. That would at least be decent of them.

big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
I agree, it's a weird move. If Roman got a head coaching gig, I figured Drevno would be his offensive coordinator. It's not a huge lose, though, considering we had two o-line coaches.

Overall, I've gotten more comfortable with the idea of losing Roman and even Fangio. I feel like Geep Chryst and Ed Donatell would be fine replacements. I'm actually worried the most about losing Jim Tomsula. I don't want him to ever ever ever ever ever never ever leave... ever. Sad

What exactly to you like about Geep? Our pass offense is rudimentary and Kap's development has been less than desirable. I haven't seen evidence of anything that would want me to even keep Geep let alone give him more responsibility.

Last edited by big9erfan on Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:

I like these picks for coaching spots.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since people are talking about the possibility of Tomsula getting about a DC job, how about with us. Fangio's done a good job. I HATE our 3-man rush, and how soft we play our backs, but it's hard to argue with results. But if someone take him from us wouldn't Tomsula be the obvious replacement candidate?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

You don't want him. I heard he beats children and steals their money.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Since people are talking about the possibility of Tomsula getting about a DC job, how about with us. Fangio's done a good job. I HATE our 3-man rush, and how soft we play our backs, but it's hard to argue with results. But if someone take him from us wouldn't Tomsula be the obvious replacement candidate?

The problem is, I don't see Harbaugh firing Fangio, or Fangio getting a HC job. Unless Fangio retires or makes a lateral move for personal reasons, we likely won't have an opening there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: