Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Topic for obscure crap no one cares about

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zithers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Topic for obscure crap no one cares about Reply with quote

The Panthers led the NFL and tied a franchise record with 60 sacks this season. Greg Hardy tied a team record (Kevin Greene 1998) with 15 sacks.

Graham Gano set a NFL record with 78.7% of his kickoffs going for touchbacks!

35 of ESPN's "experts" did predictions in the pre-season on who would win the NFC South. 27 picked the Falcons, 7 picked the Saints, 1 picked the Bucs... 0 picked the Panthers!

The Panthers are the only team to make the playoffs without a 1,000 yard rusher or receiver (though DeAngelo Williams did cross 1,000 combined).

Captain Munnerlyn has five touchdowns on seven interceptions, which is the best TD:INT ratio in NFL history and also the most pick sixes since Munnerlyn entered the NFL.

Panthers who have won championships at some level: Cam Newton, Brandon LaFell, Robert Lester (NCAA), Graham Gano (UFL), Ben Hartsock, Chase Blackburn, Domenik Hixon (NFL). Coaches Ron Rivera, Ray Brown, and Ricky Proehl won Super Bowls as players. Dave Gettleman has won some as well as a scout/director of pro personnel.

Players who have had 3379 pass yards and 585 rush yards in a season... Cam Newton 3x, Randall Cunningham 3x, Daunte Culpepper 1x

Yay! Now you post some!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas Davis has come back from THREE injuries to the same.....wait...never mind Anxious
billybob99

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might just be me I feel Ryan Khalil is best center in the NFL...I mean he pulls from his center posistion more than most centers and he's gone against a lot of good (if not great D-line men) most of the season...I know people recognize him as good but I honestly believe he is the best center in the league

I woulda mention mention TD but james.mcmurry13 beat me to it hahaaa. But seriously I know no one, including me, thought he would produce like he has this season after THREE ACL surgeries on the same knee this season. This has been TD's best season (he was robbed not being in the pro bowl), I can't wait to see how this team will be next season after the offseason and 14' draft..I believe in Gettlemen I think he will keep the young core and add the pieces we need to win the Super Bowl

KEEP POUNDING
Zithers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the Falcons got their new regime, the last team to beat them has gone to the Super Bowl...

2008: Cardinals beat Falcons in Wildcard, go to Super Bowl
2009: Saints beat Falcons in Week 14, Falcons miss playoffs, Saints go to Super Bowl
2010: Packers beat Falcons in Divisional, go to Super Bowl
2011: Giants beat Falcons in Wildcard, go to Super Bowl
2012: 49ers beat Falcons in NFCCG, go to Super Bowl
2013: Panthers beat Falcons in Week 17, Falcons miss playoffs, ???

Of course, this is trumped by the Eagles' home opener predicting who will win the Super Bowl:

2009: Saints
2010: Packers
2011: Giants
2012: Ravens
2013: Chargers

I wish we were losing to someone better Sad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://teespring.com/nospoon

the same company that did the "ice up son" shirt have a "killed it no spoon" shirt now

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad Nortman named NFC Special Teams Player of the Month!

24 punts for 48 avg (44 net) and pinned 8 inside the 20. By far the most improved player on the team. He and Graham Gano (who has nicknamed him B-52) seem like they could be a good duo for a long time. Gano is actually a free agent this year, too...

Greg Hardy had 9 sacks in December but lost out on the NFC Defensive Player of the Month award to NaVorro Bowman... smh...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
Greg Hardy had 9 sacks in December but lost out on the NFC Defensive Player of the Month award to NaVorro Bowman... smh...

To be fair, Bowman had 3 sacks, 2 FFs, 2 INTs, 3 PDs, and a touchdown.

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Panthers coming back from 13 down is like a normal team coming back from 35 down.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Zithers wrote:

Yeah but Greg Hardy dominated.
No spoon.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
fretgod99

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Zithers wrote:
Yeah but Greg Hardy killed it.
No spoon.
FIFY

Nortman has been great this year. I remember a few posters raging when we took him last year because we apparently got the wrong punter, or something. Net of 44 yards is incredible.

Over the season, he was 4th in Gross Average at 47.8 and 5th in Net Average at 41.6. 25 of 70 punts were put inside the 20 and only 5 were touchbacks. Last year he was 31st and 33rd with 43.0 and 36.5.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: