Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OFFICIAL: Giants OC Kevin Gilbride retires
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23902
Location: 414
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every NFL QB; and every college QB of 'legal' drinking age for that matter, is having a '72 Dolphins champagne party after this announcement

Amirite?
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
colm_bri


Joined: 05 Dec 2007
Posts: 1856
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GARY KUBIAK !!!!!!!
Steve Youngs best season ....... He was his QB coach
Elway could not win the big one...... Until KUBIAK became his OC
Fooled people into thinking Brian Griece was a real QB
Jake the snakes best seasons, by far, were under his play calling as the OC
Is a master of the zone blocking which helps cover up weakness on the online. Our best young OLinemen are slightly under sized athletic guys, and we can build from there. Sounds like a perfect match to me.
Knows TC only has a year or 2 left in him, and the Giants like to hire " thier " guys. The Texans already paid for him to learn the job and now we have a HC waiting in the wings who already made his mistakes and will be the better HC for it
_________________


^^QuinneyluvsNFL^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 10139
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
On a serious note, i do appreciate what Gilbride did for the franchise and did play a part in bringing 2 SBs to NY but it was time. Time to go in a new direction and this better not mean Mike Sullivan - though if he does come then Hakeem may have a better chance of staying because he and Sully are tight.


I hope we can pull someone like Norv Turner or Chud. Coughlin is bound to retire soon so our opening is more juicy than someplace that won't have a HC opening in the next few years.


So you want Turner to replace Tom? If so please leave the forum. Razz
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 639
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
On a serious note, i do appreciate what Gilbride did for the franchise and did play a part in bringing 2 SBs to NY but it was time. Time to go in a new direction and this better not mean Mike Sullivan - though if he does come then Hakeem may have a better chance of staying because he and Sully are tight.


I hope we can pull someone like Norv Turner or Chud. Coughlin is bound to retire soon so our opening is more juicy than someplace that won't have a HC opening in the next few years.


So you want Turner to replace Tom? If so please leave the forum. Razz


I think Turner is a brilliant OC and the possibility that he could replace TC would entice him. But as of now I think the job belongs to PF, unless he bolts to the deadskins.

As the guy above mentioned, Kubiak would also be a solid OC but not a HC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jintsrule


Joined: 09 Dec 2008
Posts: 331
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like nancy reagon's famous qoute IN THE 80S,just say NOOOOOO!!!!!!,no way to norv turner thats crazy!!!!its been awhile since ive posted on here but i still leark in the stadows lol.anyways there is a god finally killdrive is gone its been long over due!!!!praise the lord hopefully dallas hires him theres no better place for him then there Very Happy im not to sure about sullivan?id much rather see a west coast style off put in for eli only cause i think elis game is getting a little on the over the hill side? i could be wrong it just could have been that crappy line plus killdrive?i know one thing it will be so nice not seing the clock run down to one second or a delay of game in the red zone or a shotgun draw Twisted Evil hopefully the new guy lets eli run the show.seeing how killdrive was forced into this id like to see the rest of the off cord"s go too killdrives son needs to gooooo our wrs have never looked so bad the last two yrs.the only one id like to see kept is the off line coach pat flattery not sure if i spelled his name right?the rest gotta go along with quinn special teams cord how this guy has kept his job this long is amazing,if i did my job were i work like this guy i would be fired!!but good news giant fans we got our wish killdrive is GONE Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 21722
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
On a serious note, i do appreciate what Gilbride did for the franchise and did play a part in bringing 2 SBs to NY but it was time. Time to go in a new direction and this better not mean Mike Sullivan - though if he does come then Hakeem may have a better chance of staying because he and Sully are tight.


I hope we can pull someone like Norv Turner or Chud. Coughlin is bound to retire soon so our opening is more juicy than someplace that won't have a HC opening in the next few years.


So you want Turner to replace Tom? If so please leave the forum. Razz


x2
_________________


Not a Knicks fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bucsEST96


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 2217
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colm_bri wrote:
GARY KUBIAK !!!!!!!
Steve Youngs best season ....... He was his QB coach
Elway could not win the big one...... Until KUBIAK became his OC
Fooled people into thinking Brian Griece was a real QB
Jake the snakes best seasons, by far, were under his play calling as the OC
Is a master of the zone blocking which helps cover up weakness on the online. Our best young OLinemen are slightly under sized athletic guys, and we can build from there. Sounds like a perfect match to me.
Knows TC only has a year or 2 left in him, and the Giants like to hire " thier " guys. The Texans already paid for him to learn the job and now we have a HC waiting in the wings who already made his mistakes and will be the better HC for it


Not to mention the ZBS he provides that guarantees a 1200 rusher
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 12406
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
colm_bri wrote:
GARY KUBIAK !!!!!!!
Steve Youngs best season ....... He was his QB coach
Elway could not win the big one...... Until KUBIAK became his OC
Fooled people into thinking Brian Griece was a real QB
Jake the snakes best seasons, by far, were under his play calling as the OC
Is a master of the zone blocking which helps cover up weakness on the online. Our best young OLinemen are slightly under sized athletic guys, and we can build from there. Sounds like a perfect match to me.
Knows TC only has a year or 2 left in him, and the Giants like to hire " thier " guys. The Texans already paid for him to learn the job and now we have a HC waiting in the wings who already made his mistakes and will be the better HC for it


Not to mention the ZBS he provides that guarantees a 1200 rusher


Not really in depends on the RB.

I wouldnt mind Kubiak but the thing is that as long as TC is there, this offense isnt changing much. The only thing that changed is that we hopefully get better playcalling.
_________________


"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 639
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
colm_bri wrote:
GARY KUBIAK !!!!!!!
Steve Youngs best season ....... He was his QB coach
Elway could not win the big one...... Until KUBIAK became his OC
Fooled people into thinking Brian Griece was a real QB
Jake the snakes best seasons, by far, were under his play calling as the OC
Is a master of the zone blocking which helps cover up weakness on the online. Our best young OLinemen are slightly under sized athletic guys, and we can build from there. Sounds like a perfect match to me.
Knows TC only has a year or 2 left in him, and the Giants like to hire " thier " guys. The Texans already paid for him to learn the job and now we have a HC waiting in the wings who already made his mistakes and will be the better HC for it


Not to mention the ZBS he provides that guarantees a 1200 rusher


Not really in depends on the RB.

I wouldnt mind Kubiak but the thing is that as long as TC is there, this offense isnt changing much. The only thing that changed is that we hopefully get better playcalling.


I don't think this may be the case.
Mara put everyone on notice and said the offense is broken. He forced Coughlin to make Glibride "retire". I would be shocked if we fired the OC and ran the same offense especially after everything Mara said.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 12406
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
colm_bri wrote:
GARY KUBIAK !!!!!!!
Steve Youngs best season ....... He was his QB coach
Elway could not win the big one...... Until KUBIAK became his OC
Fooled people into thinking Brian Griece was a real QB
Jake the snakes best seasons, by far, were under his play calling as the OC
Is a master of the zone blocking which helps cover up weakness on the online. Our best young OLinemen are slightly under sized athletic guys, and we can build from there. Sounds like a perfect match to me.
Knows TC only has a year or 2 left in him, and the Giants like to hire " thier " guys. The Texans already paid for him to learn the job and now we have a HC waiting in the wings who already made his mistakes and will be the better HC for it


Not to mention the ZBS he provides that guarantees a 1200 rusher


Not really in depends on the RB.

I wouldnt mind Kubiak but the thing is that as long as TC is there, this offense isnt changing much. The only thing that changed is that we hopefully get better playcalling.


I don't think this may be the case.
Mara put everyone on notice and said the offense is broken. He forced Coughlin to make Glibride "retire". I would be shocked if we fired the OC and ran the same offense especially after everything Mara said.


As long as TC is there the scheme is staying the same. Its his offense basically. Coughlin is not stubborn like Gilbride, hes not afraid to adjust. I see the system saying the same.
_________________


"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
colm_bri


Joined: 05 Dec 2007
Posts: 1856
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
colm_bri wrote:
GARY KUBIAK !!!!!!!
Steve Youngs best season ....... He was his QB coach
Elway could not win the big one...... Until KUBIAK became his OC
Fooled people into thinking Brian Griece was a real QB
Jake the snakes best seasons, by far, were under his play calling as the OC
Is a master of the zone blocking which helps cover up weakness on the online. Our best young OLinemen are slightly under sized athletic guys, and we can build from there. Sounds like a perfect match to me.
Knows TC only has a year or 2 left in him, and the Giants like to hire " thier " guys. The Texans already paid for him to learn the job and now we have a HC waiting in the wings who already made his mistakes and will be the better HC for it


Not to mention the ZBS he provides that guarantees a 1200 rusher


Not really in depends on the RB.

I wouldnt mind Kubiak but the thing is that as long as TC is there, this offense isnt changing much. The only thing that changed is that we hopefully get better playcalling.

You mean those juggernaut RBs like Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Ruben Droughns, and Steve Slaton
_________________


^^QuinneyluvsNFL^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bzane


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 560
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HamilcarBarca wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
At least hill go out on his own terms as to speak.

Let's turn this ship around.

I would think that this is more of a forced retirement


Well, what with the notorious Giants' Loyalty, maybe this is all just a smoke screen: maybe they'll promote Gilbride's son, "Scooter" Gilbride, to Offensive Coordinator, and he can continue to run the Old Man's offense!- No screen passes, innumerable futile shotgun draws; many deep balls flung to Hakeem Nicks, who shrugs and draws in his arms to allow interceptions, grinning slyly after the fact; Jerrel Jernigan relegated to the end of the bench; old/injured/incompetent offensive linemen reforming the famous Subway Turnstiles O-Line, leaving the Giant running backs to make their own room, and reducing Eli to a David Carr meltdown from an avalanche of pass-rushers.

Kevin Gilbride, from a front-row seat in the stands, and disguised as a fat old woman, could send his same old plays in via clever hand signals to Scooter.

There may yet be hope!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 10139
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of want to see us do this with Jernigan. Razz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXnOMRKKjsI
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 639
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports are that Sullivan has landed an interview with NYG for the OC position.

Yay for some more of the same..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mattbags2313


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 1074
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
Reports are that Sullivan has landed an interview with NYG for the OC position.

Yay for some more of the same..


I don't understand what the obsession is with this system, and its not like the Bucs had any better of a year than we did offensively. I wish we would at least let someone else interview, and do some thinking outside the box.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group