Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin to Practice Thursday!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finchy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Percy Harvin to Practice Thursday!!!! Reply with quote

Quote:
Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta

Carroll says Percy Harvin will practice Thursday with the intent of playing in the playoffs.

This would be so awesome.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good to hear most media members kept speculating that he was done for the year.
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news. Pete indicated he wants Percy ready for the Divisional Round.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that this whole Percy Harvin injury was a ploy the entire time. Fake his injury and let him ride into the playoffs as the secret weapon. Genius Mr. Carroll!
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let him be healthy Laughing

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
silus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets be honest. Harvin circled the Vikings game on his calender, and the coaching staff let him have his way.
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
Lets be honest. Harvin circled the Vikings game on his calender, and the coaching staff let him have his way.
My thoughts actually. There's a reason he played minimal snaps and the one kickoff before halftime.

Team knew he was more likely to be ready for playoffs.

IDOG_det

#JDI
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
silus wrote:
My thoughts actually. There's a reason he played minimal snaps and the one kickoff before halftime.

Agreed, I think that's the reasonable conclusion every fan should have drawn. I hope the team isn't rushing him back again just to get him ready for a playoff push. Sorry, but this kid is a huge investment for the future and we cannot jeopardize that future for a single playoff game. He better not be playing unless the team is 110% that he is 110% healthy.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:
silus wrote:

Agreed, I think that's the reasonable conclusion every fan should have drawn. I hope the team isn't rushing him back again just to get him ready for a playoff push. Sorry, but this kid is a huge investment for the future and we cannot jeopardize that future for a single playoff game. He better not be playing unless the team is 110% that he is 110% healthy.

I disagree, there's nothing about this injury that could hurt his future. All he's dealing with right now soreness from the workload that is limiting his effectiveness, but this will be a distant memory by May's minicamp. There's no bearing on next year. We need him in every single playoff game until the wheels fall off, nothing is more important than winning a superbowl this year. Harvin's future is the least of my concerns when it comes to that. We still have a top flight QB and CB to pay for the future and we won't be able to keep everybody.

We have the #1 seed. It was 8 years ago the last time we could say that. Can't blow this opportunity. Just GETTING to the superbowl is more important for this franchise than Harvin's future, now that i think about it.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:

Harvin has a injury that only he knows if he can play or not if the FO didn't let him play he could take it as them thinking he is lying.

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:
silus wrote:

I disagree, there's nothing about this injury that could hurt his future. All he's dealing with right now soreness from the workload that is limiting his effectiveness, but this will be a distant memory by May's minicamp. There's no bearing on next year. We need him in every single playoff game until the wheels fall off, nothing is more important than winning a superbowl this year. Harvin's future is the least of my concerns when it comes to that. We still have a top flight QB and CB to pay for the future and we won't be able to keep everybody.

We have the #1 seed. It was 8 years ago the last time we could say that. Can't blow this opportunity. Just GETTING to the superbowl is more important for this franchise than Harvin's future, now that i think about it.

Yea you can't worry about the repurcisions down the road during a championship run if he is fine let him play.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is no risk of further damage to his current injury then I think it boils down to pain tolerance and hopefully he's willing to play through whatever is still going on without it affecting his ability.

Obviously, there is always the risk of another, separate injury occurring, but this is the playoffs, this is the reason the games are played. If he can go, he needs to go.

This team is in prime position to make a run, so at some point they need to forget about the future for a 5 week period and just go for it. I think that time is right now.

With all 3 of the coordinators taking job interviews with other teams, the urgency picks up a little more. We have the pieces in place to keep this ball rolling in the future, but not all these pieces will be back next year or after that. And since we're currently one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the league, the time is now to capitalize.

Plus, with the lack of explosiveness on offense recently, plus the loss of Like Willson, this team needs all offensive hands on deck.

If Percy Harvin can come in and play, then he needs to suit up and do whatever he can to help out.
Finchy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks

.@Percy_Harvin returned to #Seahawks practice today.

Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He better play. Even if he's mainly a decoy. That offense looked like flaming bag of poo the last month.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
He better play. Even if he's mainly a decoy. That offense looked like flaming bag of poo the last month.

Practiced in full today. Pete calling him "day-to-day".
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at this point it looks like he has been fake injured for the past 2 weeks

WINTER IS COMING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: