Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Roster Changes, Rumors, and Tweets !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
A few things I took out of Pauline's podcast other than the Beadles/Schwartz news...

1. Jets want to "revert" to the Ground N Pound
It's easy to see why (Seattle)... This revelation puts some credence on Rich Cimini's report that the Jets were interested in some running backs. Chris Ivory is a stud, but he has yet to shed the injury prone label. Powell is a great backup, but if Ivory were to go down for an extended period of time, I don't know how we'd fare running the ball 25+ times.

2. Jets want to throw the ball under 20 per game
Again, this likely has to do with the "ground and pound" philosophy. Still, I'd be shocked if this actually turns out being true... we'd have to be winning a lot of games if this were the case.

3. Team will pursue free agent Guards, Willie Colon is the fallback
Although this was basically evidenced by the Beadles/Schwartz interest, it sounds like Pauline gets the sense that the Jets will go "all in" on the FA guard market.

Depends where the balance is. Seattle's a team of tremendous completeness, and that should be what we're looking to do ultimately. They're a team committed to running the football but they're also amongst the better passing teams in the league. Any given day, we've got to be able to beat a team through the air or on the ground if that's what the matchup calls for.

Striving for an improved running attack can take pressure off our passing game which is obviously a good thing, but it can't take priority over the passing game in the big picture. Ultimately, we've got to be developing a quarterback. That's the most important thing. And that means getting talent on offense across the board.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
A few things I took out of Pauline's podcast other than the Beadles/Schwartz news...

1. Jets want to "revert" to the Ground N Pound
It's easy to see why (Seattle)... This revelation puts some credence on Rich Cimini's report that the Jets were interested in some running backs. Chris Ivory is a stud, but he has yet to shed the injury prone label. Powell is a great backup, but if Ivory were to go down for an extended period of time, I don't know how we'd fare running the ball 25+ times.

2. Jets want to throw the ball under 20 per game
Again, this likely has to do with the "ground and pound" philosophy. Still, I'd be shocked if this actually turns out being true... we'd have to be winning a lot of games if this were the case.

3. Team will pursue free agent Guards, Willie Colon is the fallback
Although this was basically evidenced by the Beadles/Schwartz interest, it sounds like Pauline gets the sense that the Jets will go "all in" on the FA guard market.
The FA RB market isn't very good though.

DMC (Who I want us to take a chance on) & Tate are both as injury-prone as Ivory.

Brown is an option I suppose.

I love how we're all in on the guard market; I want that 08/09 OL back.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team needs to me dimensional than just a ground n pound offense and a run stuffing defense. The receiving options have to be upgraded along with the secondary. Helping those areas of need, should be able to make us competitive with any and every team.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henne re-signed with the Jags

Props to JMG on the sig
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this organization ever going to learn? If we throw the ball under 20 a game consistently be prepared for a top 10 pick. This is a passing league. You have to have balance. We cannot revert back to a run heavy offense. THis is my biggest knock on Rex Ryan. While i think hes a terrific coach at times, his beliefs are severely outdated. Time to adapt and adjust. I have a feeling this is going to a disappointing offseason/draft.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Is this organization ever going to learn? If we throw the ball under 20 a game consistently be prepared for a top 10 pick. This is a passing league. You have to have balance. We cannot revert back to a run heavy offense. THis is my biggest knock on Rex Ryan. While i think hes a terrific coach at times, his beliefs are severely outdated. Time to adapt and adjust. I have a feeling this is going to a disappointing offseason/draft.
Until the Sicilian proves himself to be a high end starting QB, that's not going to happen.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Until the Sicilian proves himself to be a high end starting QB, that's not going to happen.

Reverting to a run offense basically says you dont trust your QB. If thats the case than they need to bring someone else in. Ive never heard of a run heavy WCO. Everyone bring up Seattle, there not ground and pound, they throw and run the ball both equally effective. We need a complete overhaul on offense, not a philosophy from nam.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

Reverting to a run offense basically says you dont trust your QB. If thats the case than they need to bring someone else in. Ive never heard of a run heavy WCO. Everyone bring up Seattle, there not ground and pound, they throw and run the ball both equally effective. We need a complete overhaul on offense, not a philosophy from nam.
No ones gotten a HJ in cargo shorts since Nam',

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

I agree with you. I think Pauline was trying to point out that both the staff and front office agree that the best way to mask a QBs struggles are by having an elite running game. Throwing the ball under 20 times a game was probably an exaggeration, but you definitely need to be balanced. I think we can safely say that we won't revert to the 2009 Jets with Mornhinweg running the offense, but I think the Jets recognize that running the football is the strength of our offense right now.

New York Sack Exchange Redux
jetskid007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Pauline wrote:

New York Jets all over Bradley Roby at Ohio State pro day...

Can confirm the New York Jets had dinner with Bradley Roby last night..Chip Kelly also on hand at Ohio State pro-day..

skrILL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Tony Pauline wrote:

Can confirm the New York Jets had dinner with Bradley Roby last night..Chip Kelly also on hand at Ohio State pro-day..

Cro's replacement?

N E W Y O R K J E T S
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
Tony Pauline wrote:

Cro's replacement?
Roby's a projected first rounder, no? I'd think we'd have to pray he fell to have a chance at him in the 2nd.

Props to JMG on the sig
skrILL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
Tony Pauline wrote:

Cro's replacement?
Roby's a projected first rounder, no? I'd think we'd have to pray he fell to have a chance at him in the 2nd.

I think Gilbert, Verrett, and Dennard will all go before him. He could slide who knows.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
jetskid007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Jeff Cumberland...

Don't be surprised if the Jets view him as their starter going forward. I'm merely connecting the dots here, but Bill Polian (someone who the Jets have reached out to for advice many times in the past) has Cumberland rated as his top TE on the market. Rotoworld also suggests that sources say the Jets expect a "big bump" in Cumberland's development next year.

I think we can do better, but I wouldn't be too upset if the Jets started Cumberland and drafted a developmental TE if Ebron wasn't available in round 1 (he won't be). Marty's offense never really "featured" the position; the TE was usually a supplemental piece capable of receiving and blocking (see Brent Celek, LJ Smith most recently) with the wide receivers being the focal point.

ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Regarding Jeff Cumberland...

Don't be surprised if the Jets view him as their starter going forward. I'm merely connecting the dots here, but Bill Polian (someone who the Jets have reached out to for advice many times in the past) has Cumberland rated as his top TE on the market. Rotoworld also suggests that sources say the Jets expect a "big bump" in Cumberland's development next year.

I think we can do better, but I wouldn't be too upset if the Jets started Cumberland and drafted a developmental TE if Ebron wasn't available in round 1 (he won't be). Marty's offense never really "featured" the position; the TE was usually a supplemental piece capable of receiving and blocking (see Brent Celek, LJ Smith most recently) with the wide receivers being the focal point.

This is why I like Garrett Graham as a FA, his main asset is run blocking but like Celek, Graham is a great short to intermediate threat as a TE.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 72 of 100

Jump to: