Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Roster Changes, Rumors, and Tweets !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheManager wrote:
All the free agent Wide Receivers are duds. They are all so overrated and the fact that people want to pay them as much as they are demanding is just crazy to me.

If you all are INTELLIGENT, you wait until next year to lock up a big name wide receiver. Get a couple interim guys on prove it deals to make the fans happy. Maybe Nicks comes on a 1 year deal. But other than that, next year is where you break the bank. This year, we draft one and find an interim solution. None of these guys are going to be futures of the franchise... NONE

I will gladly take Andre Roberts on a short term, not expensive contract. He can play inside and out, he has good speed, good hands, he's a hard worker, and he's smart. He's pretty similar to Tone on the field except that unlike Tone, he doesn't make mental mistakes.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that whatever FA WR we bring in, it should be a 1yr deal. The FA WR class next offseason is loaded. Obviously they all won't hit FA either getting resigned or tagged, but there's several legit young #1 WR who should be available. Mix that with a WR early in the draft this year and it should make our offense competitive atleast.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I agree that whatever FA WR we bring in, it should be a 1yr deal. The FA WR class next offseason is loaded. Obviously they all won't hit FA either getting resigned or tagged, but there's several legit young #1 WR who should be available. Mix that with a WR early in the draft this year and it should make our offense competitive atleast.
Yeah, but you're banking on one of them coming here. While I agree with you (next year's class is much stronger), if we can get a solid #2 at a decent price, I think we need to pull the trigger and solidify our receiving core for a few years.

Props to JMG on the sig
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Tony Pauline, we may move Winters to RG and then pursue Geoff Schwartz or Zane Beadles at LG. I would be all for that, but if we do resign Howard I would just be a little nervous about pass protection on our right side. Hopefully Winters keeps improving though.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
According to Tony Pauline, we may move Winters to RG and then pursue Geoff Schwartz or Zane Beadles at LG. I would be all for that, but if we do resign Howard I would just be a little nervous about pass protection on our right side. Hopefully Winters keeps improving though.
Thank God.

I liked Winters when we drafted him but he was awful last year. The coaching staff needs to put in some work on this situation and make him better.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff Schwartz would be great. IIRC we were interested last year too

New York Sack Exchange Redux
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Geoff Schwartz would be great. IIRC we were interested last year too
I wanted him out of Oregon tbh. I can't believe that he was a 7th round pick (iirc).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 36m
The #Jets are planning to let RG Willie Colon hit the open market, per source. No surprise. Recovering from biceps surgery.

34 Tackles, 4 Sacks, 12 QB Hits, 6 Stuffs, 3 PD

Jets, Knicks, Athletics, Buckeyes
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Thank God.

I liked Winters when we drafted him but he was awful last year. The coaching staff needs to put in some work on this situation and make him better.

he was transitioning to a new position

there's a thing called growing pains
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Thank God.

he was transitioning to a new position

there's a thing called growing pains
Ohhhhh wow. so much knowledge.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Thank God.

I mocked Schwartz to us a few weeks back and got hell for it. People said he was overrated. I think he'd be great personally.

Props to JMG on the sig
skrILL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:

I pursued both of them in FFMD.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
jetskid007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things I took out of Pauline's podcast other than the Beadles/Schwartz news...

1. Jets want to "revert" to the Ground N Pound
It's easy to see why (Seattle)... This revelation puts some credence on Rich Cimini's report that the Jets were interested in some running backs. Chris Ivory is a stud, but he has yet to shed the injury prone label. Powell is a great backup, but if Ivory were to go down for an extended period of time, I don't know how we'd fare running the ball 25+ times.

2. Jets want to throw the ball under 20 per game
Again, this likely has to do with the "ground and pound" philosophy. Still, I'd be shocked if this actually turns out being true... we'd have to be winning a lot of games if this were the case.

3. Team will pursue free agent Guards, Willie Colon is the fallback
Although this was basically evidenced by the Beadles/Schwartz interest, it sounds like Pauline gets the sense that the Jets will go "all in" on the FA guard market.

New York Sack Exchange Redux
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Rotoworld
Quote:
The New York Daily News reports the Jets are in "serious negotiations" with free agent TE Jeff Cumberland.
The Jets are in love with Cumberland and reportedly expect him to make a big jump in his development next season. It's unclear whether a deal will get hammered out before free agency opens Tuesday afternoon, but the sides have been talking for a few weeks. Cumberland would ideally be a No. 2 catch-first tight end

Sounds like he'll be back. Draft a rookie and we're good to go.

Props to JMG on the sig
Bianconero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Via Rotoworld
Quote:
The New York Daily News reports the Jets are in "serious negotiations" with free agent TE Jeff Cumberland.
The Jets are in love with Cumberland and reportedly expect him to make a big jump in his development next season. It's unclear whether a deal will get hammered out before free agency opens Tuesday afternoon, but the sides have been talking for a few weeks. Cumberland would ideally be a No. 2 catch-first tight end

Sounds like he'll be back. Draft a rookie and we're good to go.
I honestly don't understand why we like him so much; He is very replaceable.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 71 of 100

Jump to: