Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Roster Changes, Rumors, and Tweets !
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Offseason Roster Changes, Rumors, and Tweets ! Reply with quote

I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread for rumors, tweets, and small roster moves that might not need it's own thread. We had a lot last season.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .

Last edited by rickyt31 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@KristianRDyer
Jets open to bringing back Ed Reed "If the price is right": http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/nfl/2013/12/30/jets-open-to-bringing-back-ed-reed-if-the-price-was-right/ #nyjets

Quote:
@RichCimini 3h
Ed Reed said retiring is a possibility, but he'd like to play another year, especially with the Jets. #Jets

Quote:
@Steiny31
Just heard the #Jets have signed WR Dwight Jones to a futures contract. #nyj

Quote:
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Reed back for the right price in a reduced role. Still a ballhawk

Props to JMG on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:

I would too. If he was with us day 1 of the season, I believe he would of had 6ints this season. Which is great for a FS who has been called old and dried up.

Quote:
green24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:

I like the role he played in the last two games. He was the back-up to AA.

#TeamManfred
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to start any rumors, but keep an eye on Darrelle Revis.

With Schiano and Dominik gone, the Bucs appear to be starting fresh. If they do end up hiring Lovie Smith, it wouldn't surprise me if they deemed Revis expendable, as his $16 million salary is non guaranteed. Paying Revis $16 million to play zone is ascinine, and I feel that the new GM will recognize that. Also, they may be willing to part with Revis if it means retaining that premium 3rd round pick (would send us a 4th instead).

I don't believe the Jets would sign Revis, but what a story it would be if they did. The Jets are one of a few teams that will have a lot of room, and if Revis lowered his demands and thee Jets FO was able to forget the past, that would be awesome.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:

With Schiano and Dominik gone, the Bucs appear to be starting fresh. If they do end up hiring Lovie Smith, it wouldn't surprise me if they deemed Revis expendable, as his $16 million salary is non guaranteed. Paying Revis $16 million to play zone is ascinine, and I feel that the new GM will recognize that. Also, they may be willing to part with Revis if it means retaining that premium 3rd round pick (would send us a 4th instead).

I don't believe the Jets would sign Revis, but what a story it would be if they did. The Jets are one of a few teams that will have a lot of room, and if Revis lowered his demands and thee Jets FO was able to forget the past, that would be awesome.

I loved Revis as a Jet but he can go elsewhere I don't want him. He was a great player but I think his mindset on contract demands was a locker room cancer. If he signed a 6 year deal with an average of 10-12 a year to retire a Jet then sure but there needs to be a no holdout clause.

I do think he will be cut though.
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:

Can't see revis resigning... He's prob really offended that we traded him but I'd much rather pay revis 16mil than pay Cromartie 11 mil or w/e

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:

Why!!!!!!!!!! Why are you doing this to me!

Now Im going to have illusions of Revis Back with us.....sigh
xenajets

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

What was the snap count on Sunday between those two??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
green24 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

What was the snap count on Sunday between those two??

Not sure, but I know AA played double the amount of snaps that Reed did in the Cleveland game.

#TeamManfred
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this league, there is always a redemption story.

I don't want to make it seem like it's happening, but think out it. The Raiders, Bears, Bills, and Jaguars are the only teams with more money. Maybe Revis will realize that money isn't everything, and agree to a deal worth $12-13 million per instead. You never know...
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen it pop up multiple times that the Cowboys might be looking to trade Demarcus Ware this offseason. With them switching to a 4-3 he wasn't the same. Shouldn't cost much to trade for him bc of a down year, his age and salary. That's my issue is his salary. But I do think he still can be an elite 3-4 OLB for a few more seasons.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not up for signing Revis. I think he still want to make us look bad for not signing him to a large deal. He'll take a deal with Chicago for the price we wanted him to sign to us for.

If we were to sign Revis back, I wouldn't be to worried about the price tag. My concern would be about his attitude.

Quote:
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Chris Mortenson was talking about the Shiano/Dominik firing, one issue of contention between them and ownership was the Revis contract, according to him.

When Revis was signed to the 16 million unguaranteed per year deal, he was asked if he would have made the same deal with the Jets, which he says he would have. I'm not sure I buy that, but you have to wonder if he's released if he would now? I would sign him to that deal at this time.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: