You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Roster Changes, Rumors, and Tweets !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JMG


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 4744
Location: USA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone fill me in on everything. I've been in the ocean for the past couple days and I've missed a lot.
_________________
candyman93 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
I don't know how but Alabama just convinced a top 100 kid to grayshirt.
Doesn't look suspicious at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3804
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
I hope the Browns trade for Revis. Makes it more likely we end up with that third round pick (assuming Idzik put in trade protection).


Hasn't it been reported that trade or release we get a fourth round pick?

Release yes. Trade no.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3804
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
Someone fill me in on everything. I've been in the ocean for the past couple days and I've missed a lot.

We got Sammy Watkins.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 4168
Location: 1 step ahead
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballboss24 wrote:
any interest in owen daniels who was just cut


Not really for me. He's not a long term solution at his age. Much rather continue to develop Cumberland, Sudfeld and a rookie. I like ASJ in the second or Grimble in the later rounds.
_________________

Props to Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Imarobot


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 10449
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
I hope the Browns trade for Revis. Makes it more likely we end up with that third round pick (assuming Idzik put in trade protection).


Hasn't it been reported that trade or release we get a fourth round pick?

Release yes. Trade no.


http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/10/darrelle-revis-tampa-bay-buccaneers-trade-lovie-smith/

That's not what SI seems to think.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3804
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
skrILL wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
I hope the Browns trade for Revis. Makes it more likely we end up with that third round pick (assuming Idzik put in trade protection).


Hasn't it been reported that trade or release we get a fourth round pick?

Release yes. Trade no.


http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/10/darrelle-revis-tampa-bay-buccaneers-trade-lovie-smith/

That's not what SI seems to think.

The article is vague.

Quote:
In fact, ESPNís Adam Schefter reported that if a suitable trade partner canít be found by that Wednesday deadline, Tampa Bay planned to cut Revis for the cap savings. Doing so also would keep that conditional pick in Round 4. If Revis is on the team past that March 13 cutoff, it would bump up to a third-rounder.

It says that cutting him will make it a 4th but nothing specifically about a trade.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr.O


Joined: 11 Jan 2014
Posts: 3900
Location: Parts Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prediction: Vontae Davis, a WR, and a S will be Jets after Today
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bianconero


Joined: 13 Jul 2013
Posts: 5586
Location: Polo Lounge
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know jack about Vontae other than from his days in Miami.

Can someone give me the run down on why everyone loves him all of a sudden?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3804
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
I honestly don't know jack about Vontae other than from his days in Miami.

Can someone give me the run down on why everyone loves him all of a sudden?

He's a stud. Young, fast, physical, great pedigree. Top 3 CB by PFF ratings too.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bianconero


Joined: 13 Jul 2013
Posts: 5586
Location: Polo Lounge
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
I honestly don't know jack about Vontae other than from his days in Miami.

Can someone give me the run down on why everyone loves him all of a sudden?

He's a stud. Young, fast, physical, great pedigree. Top 3 CB by PFF ratings too.
I just snooped around the Colts section and as Green said, he basically sounds like Cromartie, which I'm cool with.

I'm confident that Rex can pull a 2012 Cromartie with him then.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetskid007


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10873
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
skrILL wrote:
Imarobot wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
I hope the Browns trade for Revis. Makes it more likely we end up with that third round pick (assuming Idzik put in trade protection).


Hasn't it been reported that trade or release we get a fourth round pick?

Release yes. Trade no.


http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/10/darrelle-revis-tampa-bay-buccaneers-trade-lovie-smith/

That's not what SI seems to think.

The article is vague.

Quote:
In fact, ESPNís Adam Schefter reported that if a suitable trade partner canít be found by that Wednesday deadline, Tampa Bay planned to cut Revis for the cap savings. Doing so also would keep that conditional pick in Round 4. If Revis is on the team past that March 13 cutoff, it would bump up to a third-rounder.

It says that cutting him will make it a 4th but nothing specifically about a trade.



Regardless, I'd rather see him get traded to the Browns than have the opportunity to sign with the Patriots
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bianconero


Joined: 13 Jul 2013
Posts: 5586
Location: Polo Lounge
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis liked being in New York and then in South Beach, I highly doubt that he wants to go to Cleveland, regardless if whether they pay him or not.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 20508
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Revis liked being in New York and then in South Beach, I highly doubt that he wants to go to Cleveland, regardless if whether they pay him or not.

Revis has been, and always will be about money. He'd go to Alaska if they paid him the most.

Not saying that makes him a bad person, but I think it's pretty clear what is most important to him.
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jetskid007


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10873
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Revis liked being in New York and then in South Beach, I highly doubt that he wants to go to Cleveland, regardless if whether they pay him or not.



However if they trade for him... he has no choice. The only stipulation is whether or not the Browns would require him to redo his deal. Rumor is they may
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 4168
Location: 1 step ahead
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Revis liked being in New York and then in South Beach, I highly doubt that he wants to go to Cleveland, regardless if whether they pay him or not.


Too bad he wouldn't really get a say in that since he signed his deal. I'd really love to see him paired with Haden. Those two together would be special. Just think what they could do with those two shutdown guys. I'd blitz every time.
_________________

Props to Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group