Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkebones

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Both Jones and Decker are going to be way too expensive especially for a #2 WR.

+1

Jones found out last time that his market wasn't very hot. I still don't think he ends up getting more than about $5m/year. and i agree that he is much more a #2.

Not thinking that Decker can be a lead wide receiver (whether you want to classify him as a "#1," I really don't care) on a team seems a myopic viewpoint to me. Just because Thomas is one of the most beastly wideouts in football shouldn't, in-and-of-itself, blanket Decker as a "resigned-to-a-#2 (or as i've seen some people argue)-a-slot-receiver." What he's shown- both ability and versatility- he's capable of in Denver should make us drool, especially after the performance of our "supposed" #1 wideout this past season.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big believer in QBs making the WR(In most cases, at least. Some freaks buck the trend). I'll pass on anything that looked pretty catching balls from Manning or Rodgers. Someone else will overpay.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since decker is my last name... I wpuld love having a brother from another mother

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Worth noting that Linval Joseph seems to really want to stay with us. Maybe he'll take a discount? Would be awesome to have him back cheaper than expected.

https://twitter.com/LinvalJoseph

i pray... hes worth every sent

This isn't his real twitter account.. Justin Tuck outed him. Posted an iPhone conversation with "Linval" where Linval said he hasn't joined twitter.

Just some 40 year old living in mamas basement getting off to the twitter fame. Sad world.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Worth noting that Linval Joseph seems to really want to stay with us. Maybe he'll take a discount? Would be awesome to have him back cheaper than expected.

https://twitter.com/LinvalJoseph

i pray... hes worth every sent

This isn't his real twitter account.. Justin Tuck outed him. Posted an iPhone conversation with "Linval" where Linval said he hasn't joined twitter.

Just some 40 year old living in mamas basement getting off to the twitter fame. Sad world.

It was me Smile

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
bagh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just out of curosity, how many people have written off David Wilson?
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:

Anything he contributes will be a plus in my book. I think he could still be a solid contributor, but the Giants can't rely on him. I would resign Brown, Hillis and also look for a RB in the middle rounds. Wouldn't be surprised if they went after a guy like Moreno in free agency either. But most importantly, the offensive line needs to be fixed in order to establish any sort of running game.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:

As what? Do I think he will ever be a Pro-Bowl RB? No? Can he be a really good KR? Yes.

Should we have drafted him at #32? No.

Early reports is that his neck recovery is going well, so I will remain optimistic, but I don't ever see him becoming a top RB.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
bagh wrote:

As what? Do I think he will ever be a Pro-Bowl RB? No? Can he be a really good KR? Yes.

Early reports is that his neck recovery is going well, so I will remain optimistic, but I don't ever see him becoming a top RB.

I'm just jumping in to disagree with you....I'm kidding...ha

I really liked Wilson coming out of college, his athletic ability was off the chart. We've seen flashes of what he can do, and with a better offensive line in front of him, I could easily see him pushing the 15 yard mark next season providing he is healthy of course.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
bagh wrote:

Anything he contributes will be a plus in my book. I think he could still be a solid contributor, but the Giants can't rely on him. I would resign Brown, Hillis and also look for a RB in the middle rounds. Wouldn't be surprised if they went after a guy like Moreno in free agency either. But most importantly, the offensive line needs to be fixed in order to establish any sort of running game.

I do like Moreno and think that with him Wilson and a late round pick or even Brown, our running back situation would let me sleep better at night.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ny92jefferis wrote:
Acgott wrote:
bagh wrote:

I really liked Wilson coming out of college, his athletic ability was off the chart. We've seen flashes of what he can do, and with a better offensive line in front of him, I could easily see him pushing the 15 yard mark next season providing he is healthy of course.

Lets not forget, we ran him between the tackles. He's a great COP/Darren Sproles/Danny Woodhead back, but he will never be a solid YAC between the tackles back. Get him in space and he can be a home run hitter.

But yes, I have written him off. I hope he proves me wrong, though.
I agree though... Not worth a first round pick. Athletic or not.. Too high for a RB.

Cordy Glenn, Alshon Jeffrey, Lavonte David, Coby Fleener... A few players still available on that pick.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:

Me.

I've had that injury. I think he's done. Even if he returns to form, he'll never last.

He's a KR. I don't think he can even contribute in the 3rd down role. His hands aren't good, he lacks strength to hold up as a blocker, and his recognition between picking up blockers and positioning himself for a quick little delayed screen is awful.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
Acgott wrote:
bagh wrote:

Lets not forget, we ran him between the tackles. He's a great COP/Darren Sproles/Danny Woodhead back, but he will never be a solid YAC between the tackles back. Get him in space and he can be a home run hitter.

But yes, I have written him off. I hope he proves me wrong, though.
I agree though... Not worth a first round pick. Athletic or not.. Too high for a RB.

Cordy Glenn, Alshon Jeffrey, Lavonte David, Coby Fleener... A few players still available on that pick.

I really really wanted Bobby Wagner.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly if Andre Brown can stay healthy I think he's our best back. He may not be a home run hitter but he has way better vision then Wilson and can consistently get positive yards and avoid running up the backs of lineman. Wilson imho will find his niche as a relief back. I think we should use him like the Cards use Ellington.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have faith in his ability. Could he still be a pro bowl RB (assuming there are no complications with his injury)? Wouldnt surprise me.

There was nothing wrong in taking him at 32. This was a freak injury.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: