Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 358
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the time they were here Mario was just a better fit because he spread the defenses out. While I believe Barden had a bigger upside, Im not upset he didnt get a shot over Mario. I believe Barden didnt have the heart to be a dominant WR; but thats just me looking at him and making a personal opinion. Neither WR is what we are looking for in our new offense so it's a useless debate at this point.

bballbkd1001 wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:
I agree..just a little thing I've heard

dkebones wrote:
WiscoBlue21 wrote:
I have heard rumors of Mario coming back too...



i wouldn't even want him back at the minimum...


who would you rather have? mario or barden?

with JJ excelling from the bench, im sad Barden never got a shot..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 3968
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally think we dont need another receiver... just a really tight end...


ive read that mcadoo's offense will not need that typical number one receiver.
_________________


^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 3968
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright... we all know i do my best thinking when I'm with my friend... vodka...


a top paid receiver and how effective is it in our generation??



no teams that win the superbowl, have a top paid WR... actually none of the teams do...

the seahawks have harvin but he barely played all year.
_________________


^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 12286
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth noting that Linval Joseph seems to really want to stay with us. Maybe he'll take a discount? Would be awesome to have him back cheaper than expected.

https://twitter.com/LinvalJoseph
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 3968
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Worth noting that Linval Joseph seems to really want to stay with us. Maybe he'll take a discount? Would be awesome to have him back cheaper than expected.

https://twitter.com/LinvalJoseph



i pray... hes worth every sent
_________________


^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 13500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Worth noting that Linval Joseph seems to really want to stay with us. Maybe he'll take a discount? Would be awesome to have him back cheaper than expected.

https://twitter.com/LinvalJoseph



i pray... hes worth every sent


*Cent.

Your American citizenship should be revoked. Laughing
_________________


"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 3968
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Worth noting that Linval Joseph seems to really want to stay with us. Maybe he'll take a discount? Would be awesome to have him back cheaper than expected.

https://twitter.com/LinvalJoseph



i pray... hes worth every sent


*Cent.

Your American citizenship should be revoked. Laughing


Pshh. I dont even writing this.
_________________


^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 10315
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/02/14/predicting-the-new-york-giants-5-biggest-free-agency-moves/

Evan Dietrich-Smith - Don't know anything about him.
James Jones - eh.
Zane Beadles - Same as Evan but...at least I've heard of him.
Toby Gerhart - Of the FA RB's I've heard people saying the Giants should go after I think I like this one the most. Him and maybe Ben Tate.
Scott Chandler - Like this one. Depends on the price. Same with Gerhart.

Thoughts?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 9242
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Network had their top 10 most heartbreaking losses. Giants were on the winning side for 4 of those.

#9 2011 NFC Championship Game vs. 49ers
#8 2008 NFC Division Game vs. Cowboys
#4 Superbowl 25 vs. Bills
#1 Superbowl 42 vs. Giants

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000325990/Top-10-most-heartbreaking-losses-in-NFL-history?campaign=Twitter_videos_heartbreaking
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NYGCRUZ80


Joined: 02 Jan 2014
Posts: 637
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/02/14/predicting-the-new-york-giants-5-biggest-free-agency-moves/

Evan Dietrich-Smith - Don't know anything about him.
James Jones - eh.
Zane Beadles - Same as Evan but...at least I've heard of him.
Toby Gerhart - Of the FA RB's I've heard people saying the Giants should go after I think I like this one the most. Him and maybe Ben Tate.
Scott Chandler - Like this one. Depends on the price. Same with Gerhart.

Thoughts?

out of those i would want us to try for either jones smith or chandler
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dkebones


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 3753
Location: Giants fan in the Seahawk's backyard...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/02/14/predicting-the-new-york-giants-5-biggest-free-agency-moves/

Evan Dietrich-Smith - Don't know anything about him.
James Jones - eh.
Zane Beadles - Same as Evan but...at least I've heard of him.
Toby Gerhart - Of the FA RB's I've heard people saying the Giants should go after I think I like this one the most. Him and maybe Ben Tate.
Scott Chandler - Like this one. Depends on the price. Same with Gerhart.

Thoughts?

out of those i would want us to try for either jones smith or chandler


if somehow we lose andre brown, i'm all down for Gerhart. unfortunately, given his running style i wouldn't sign up for more than a 3 year deal, but i think given his pass catching abilities and athleticism he would be great solo or in tandem when/if Wilson comes back.

i'd also look at Legarette Blount. I had hoped we would have signed him as an UDFA, but he's shown at NE what he's capable of. head case, i realize, but if he can play for Belicheck, i think he can hang under TC.

if we are going to spend material cash on a wide receiver, I still really want to make a run at pulling Decker away from Denver. if its the difference between $5m for Jones and $8m for Decker, i'm opting for Decker.
_________________
“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they’re going to feel all day.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fracdaddy14


Joined: 23 Feb 2012
Posts: 3485
Location: Northeastern PA
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/02/14/predicting-the-new-york-giants-5-biggest-free-agency-moves/

Evan Dietrich-Smith - Don't know anything about him.
James Jones - eh.
Zane Beadles - Same as Evan but...at least I've heard of him.
Toby Gerhart - Of the FA RB's I've heard people saying the Giants should go after I think I like this one the most. Him and maybe Ben Tate.
Scott Chandler - Like this one. Depends on the price. Same with Gerhart.

Thoughts?



I'd be on board with all 4 except Beadles. Beadles was putrid all year and in the Super Bowl. Don't want to make our OL worse. Chandler, true would depend on the price. EDS might be the most underrated interior OL. Gerhart fits our RB types and Jones would make sense with McAdoo.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NYGCRUZ80


Joined: 02 Jan 2014
Posts: 637
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
NYGCRUZ80 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/02/14/predicting-the-new-york-giants-5-biggest-free-agency-moves/

Evan Dietrich-Smith - Don't know anything about him.
James Jones - eh.
Zane Beadles - Same as Evan but...at least I've heard of him.
Toby Gerhart - Of the FA RB's I've heard people saying the Giants should go after I think I like this one the most. Him and maybe Ben Tate.
Scott Chandler - Like this one. Depends on the price. Same with Gerhart.

Thoughts?

out of those i would want us to try for either jones smith or chandler


if somehow we lose andre brown, i'm all down for Gerhart. unfortunately, given his running style i wouldn't sign up for more than a 3 year deal, but i think given his pass catching abilities and athleticism he would be great solo or in tandem when/if Wilson comes back.

i'd also look at Legarette Blount. I had hoped we would have signed him as an UDFA, but he's shown at NE what he's capable of. head case, i realize, but if he can play for Belicheck, i think he can hang under TC.

if we are going to spend material cash on a wide receiver, I still really want to make a run at pulling Decker away from Denver. if its the difference between $5m for Jones and $8m for Decker, i'm opting for Decker.

id rather see us go for james starks over toby gerhart tbh
james jones coud be a solid WR2 for us but i agree id rather see decker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 9242
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Jones and Decker are going to be way too expensive especially for a #2 WR.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 3968
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Both Jones and Decker are going to be way too expensive especially for a #2 WR.


+1
_________________


^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group