You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so the first order of business is our own free agents, who should walk, who to keep
List:

Justin Tuck
Hakeem nicks
Andre Brown
Stevie Brown

Dave Deihl
Brandon Myers

Linval Joseph
Terrell thomas
Jon beason
Bear pascoe

Keith rivers
Trumaine McBride
Curtis Painter
Kevin Boothe
Josh Brown

Ryan Mundy
Louis Murphy
Mike Patterson
Aaron Ross
Mark Herzlich

Henry Hynoski
Spencer Paysinger
Jim Cordle
Shaun Rogers
Brandon Jacobs
Peyton Hillis

Blue is the players I'd like to see stay, red are players that we can let walk. Would not bother me one bit
Gmen4ev

Location: Founder and Chairman of the He-Man Oline Haters Club.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just snag Todd Bowles and keep him in our pocket for the next 20 years.

Can't spell Gen without Glen
Gmen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Ok so the first order of business is our own free agents, who should walk, who to keep
List:

Justin Tuck
Hakeem nicks
Andre Brown
Stevie Brown

Dave Deihl
Brandon Myers

Linval Joseph
Terrell thomas
Jon beason
Bear pascoe

Keith rivers
Trumaine McBride
Curtis Painter
Kevin Boothe
Josh Brown

Ryan Mundy
Louis Murphy
Mike Patterson
Aaron Ross
Mark Herzlich

Henry Hynoski
Spencer Paysinger
Jim Cordle
Shaun Rogers
Brandon Jacobs
Peyton Hillis

Blue is the players I'd like to see stay, red are players that we can let walk. Would not bother me one bit

I must be in the minority, but I like what I saw from Hillis. He's a down hill runner, and I love how he finishes his runs. With the question marks surrounding Wilson, I would bring him back.

Also, I think Cordle turned it on and looked good for a few games before getting injured. I would rather have him starting at a low salary than bringing back Baas.

I would also bring back Paysinger if for no other reason than we have nobody else at LB. If we get rid of both Rivers and Paysinger, we're left with who at OLB? Jacquian Williams?

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
List:

Justin Tuck
Hakeem nicks
Andre Brown
Stevie Brown

Dave Deihl
Brandon Myers

Linval Joseph
Terrell thomas
Jon beason
Bear pascoe

Keith rivers
Trumaine McBride
Curtis Painter
Kevin Boothe
Josh Brown

Ryan Mundy
Louis Murphy
Mike Patterson
Aaron Ross
Mark Herzlich

Henry Hynoski
Spencer Paysinger
Jim Cordle
Shaun Rogers
Brandon Jacobs
Peyton Hillis

I must be in the minority, but I like what I saw from Hillis. He's a down hill runner, and I love how he finishes his runs. With the question marks surrounding Wilson, I would bring him back.

Also, I think Cordle turned it on and looked good for a few games before getting injured. I would rather have him starting at a low salary than bringing back Baas.

I would also bring back Paysinger if for no other reason than we have nobody else at LB. If we get rid of both Rivers and Paysinger, we're left with who at OLB? Jacquian Williams?

The main reason why I would not bring back hillis is because MJD is available and probably for an affordable price. Like you said, wilson might not be able to go, we need a running back that can play.
Cordle is here and there for me. I'd rather have him over baas... but I'd rather go to the dradt in rounds 3-4 range. Possibly keep him to begin year as a starter?
I think the whole linebacking corp needs to be revamped and this is done by keeping beason, signing a veteran player (kawika mitchell type signing) and a player in the first two rounds.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically what Gmen said. Razz Who are we going to start at RB if we let Hillis walk? I also think he's been pretty damn good. Oh yea Brown. Forgot about Brown. But Hillis should be cheap and effective.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD is not an option for the future... neither is Hillis.

Difference between the two is that Hillis will ask for min where as Mjd will want a top 5 rb contract.

bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:

Difference between the two is that Hillis will ask for min where as Mjd will want a top 5 rb contract.

We don't really need a future. Just a strong player for a year or two until wilson is healed
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

We don't really need a future. Just a strong player for a year or two until wilson is healed

Wilson is not our future. We just need a decent back to relieve Brown at times. Brown is also not the future. But we're just talking about next year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

Wilson is not our future. We just need a decent back to relieve Brown at times. Brown is also not the future. But we're just talking about next year.

So he's a bust? Playng behind that offensive line?? Peterson would not eclipse 1, 000 yards in a year with that offensive line
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

So he's a bust? Playng behind that offensive line?? Peterson would not eclipse 1, 000 yards in a year with that offensive line

We must assume Wilson will never play again which means drafting a RB in 4th round to team with Brown
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

We must assume Wilson will never play again which means drafting a RB in 4th round to team with Brown

I think the neck issue is getting blown way out of proportion
ESKY008

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
List:

Justin Tuck
Hakeem nicks
Andre Brown
Stevie Brown

Dave Deihl
Brandon Myers

Linval Joseph
Terrell thomas
Jon beason
Bear pascoe

Keith rivers
Trumaine McBride
Curtis Painter
Kevin Boothe
Josh Brown

Ryan Mundy
Louis Murphy
Mike Patterson
Aaron Ross
Mark Herzlich

Henry Hynoski
Spencer Paysinger
Jim Cordle
Shaun Rogers
Brandon Jacobs
Peyton Hillis

Yeah I'm with gmen I like Cordle and Paysinger. Both make solid depth/spot starters and I was gutted when Cordle went down as I thought he really grew in his roll. Hillis I think deserves a camp invite. With whole offseason to prepare with us. Let him and cox fight over the forth RB spot and use a mid round pick on a RB
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

Why do you think that? He has a herniated disk, its a very serious injury
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

Why do you think that? He has a herniated disk, its a very serious injury

From everything I've read on it, its a serious injury if it doesn't get noticed early enough. They found his very early. The reason why he hasn't felt pain and not forcing surgery. The bad cases of it will cause several issues includong numbness through out the body.

All they have to do is monitor him, make sure the pain doesn't become unbearable.

But all in all it is a serious injury but it doesn't mean it is his career. When Mara said he might not be the main back next year, he meant it as if wilson had to get surgery
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:

And you believe MJD behind our line(worse than Jacksonville's) will be a strong player?

He's also not looking for a 2 year deal, reports are 4-5.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: