Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Raider Opponents Announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m52876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
And sigh…..…… there will be fans here expecting a rebuilding roster and Allen to win 8 games and get to the playoffs. Probably with a rookie QB they will call a bust when he's not Andrew Luck week 1.

Just curious how long should DA have to win 8 games?

4 years. That was his contract. The 2 years of "deconstruction" are throw aways. Art Shell may have as well been coaching the team. You can't evaluate a coaching staff on a team full of 1 year contracts for backup players. You also cannot evaluate them when you are starting an undrafted rookie FA and a 3rd rounder from the supplemental draft at your most important position.

We need to face the fact that the coaching staff is not the most pressing issue, and there is no coach that could achieve much with this team. The coach is just the rebuilding spokesperson.

IMO, the bigger question is how long should Reggie get to put together a decent draft and get a serviceable QB on the squad. I'll give him a pass on his first draft, but I do not think anyone will say our draft earlier this year was much of a help.

With a better coaching staff this team could of won 2-4 more games this year.
Cowboys, Giants, Jets, Houston, Tennessee were all winnable games.
This what I see wrong with the coaching staff
no halftime adjustments, poor play calling on offense and defense, poor clock management, poor timeout management, poor use of players, poor special teams play.
Willis666

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 2014 Raider Opponents Announced Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/2014-Opponents-Determined/b785bbe9-d59a-4420-b67d-c4b499b2016e

Quote:
The Raiders 2014 Opponents:

Home: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers

Away: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks

Hmmm if we get a QB, some talent, and help from the football Gods, I see 8 wins at best. Buffalo, New York, Cleveland, San Diego-split, KC-split, Miami, Houston, and Arizona.

In reality we'll be lucky if we get 6
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh...looks difficult now, but teams change during the offseason. No guarantee some of those teams stay sharp. Look at Atlanta this year.

Hopefully we improve drastically so we can start moving forward finally.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
m52876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
And sigh…..…… there will be fans here expecting a rebuilding roster and Allen to win 8 games and get to the playoffs. Probably with a rookie QB they will call a bust when he's not Andrew Luck week 1.

4 years. That was his contract. The 2 years of "deconstruction" are throw aways. Art Shell may have as well been coaching the team. You can't evaluate a coaching staff on a team full of 1 year contracts for backup players. You also cannot evaluate them when you are starting an undrafted rookie FA and a 3rd rounder from the supplemental draft at your most important position.

We need to face the fact that the coaching staff is not the most pressing issue, and there is no coach that could achieve much with this team. The coach is just the rebuilding spokesperson.

IMO, the bigger question is how long should Reggie get to put together a decent draft and get a serviceable QB on the squad. I'll give him a pass on his first draft, but I do not think anyone will say our draft earlier this year was much of a help.

no halftime adjustments, poor play calling on offense and defense, poor clock management, poor timeout management, poor use of players, poor special teams play.

A lack of talent and a NFL starting caliber likely had nothing to do with this, correct?
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
m52876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

A lack of talent and a NFL starting caliber likely had nothing to do with this, correct?
so if coaches can us this lack of talent get out of jail free card why can't the players? Maybe dmac doesn't suck but the lack of talent is making him suck

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
m52876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I don't think you know the difference between coaching and talent.
These are examples of bad coaching.
Blowing a blocking assignment Calling a prevent defense that hasn't worked all year, not getting Reece the ball more, calling a jump ball for Ford in the end zone, blown zone coverages,
Running the ball up the middle time after time with no results,
Anything to do with X's and O's or the mental part of the game is coaching.
Lack of talent is anything to do with physical limitations not mental. If the player is not strong enough, fast enough, big enough is talent.

BTW DA picked Flynn as his Starting QB, so that's also his fault.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahaha!!!

Sooooo, the Ford play was a one man route? The QB's decision making had nothing to do with that pass being made?

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Rolni

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Hahahaha!!!

Sooooo, the Ford play was a one man route? The QB's decision making had nothing to do with that pass being made?

Obviously and the poor play of our (interior) OL has nothing to do with those ugly inside runs...
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Hahahaha!!!

So you're saying having the shortest player on the field going for a jump ball was not a bad coaching decision?
Ford should've been running a crossing route underneath and one of the bigger WR run that route.

That's textbook coaches fault.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Welcome to the Oakland Raiders forum here on FootballsFuture.com.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
bitty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Hahahaha!!!

Obviously and the poor play of our (interior) OL has nothing to do with those ugly inside runs...

Are you serious right now.
You have a G form the practice squad playing so that's where you going run the ball. Is that a smart coaching decision is he putting his players in the best possible position to succeed or is he setting him up for failure?
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
m52876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

so if coaches can us this lack of talent get out of jail free card why can't the players? Maybe dmac doesn't suck but the lack of talent is making him suck

Last year this argument would have held water, but considering we switched back to his preferred blocking scheme and a much less talented Rashad Jennings flourished with the same lack of talent around him, the $60M dollar man should be able to do the same.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Chali21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Welcome to the Oakland Raiders forum here on FootballsFuture.com.

He forgot the fans calling for Pryor to get the start as well.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
m52876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I don't think you know the difference between coaching and talent.
These are examples of bad coaching.
Blowing a blocking assignment Calling a prevent defense that hasn't worked all year, not getting Reece the ball more, calling a jump ball for Ford in the end zone, blown zone coverages,
Running the ball up the middle time after time with no results,
Anything to do with X's and O's or the mental part of the game is coaching.
Lack of talent is anything to do with physical limitations not mental.
If the player is not strong enough, fast enough, big enough is talent.

BTW DA picked Flynn as his Starting QB, so that's also his fault.

What? Talent is not limited to the physical (see Peyton Manning). Talent is being smart. A QB knowing and running a complex pro scheme. Defensive players knowing their gaps/assignments and taking good angles.

You want Reece to get more touches, get a smart QB you can open up the offense with. Talent allows a coach to do more, be more complex and dynamic. The coach can put the players in position to make plays, talent then has to prevail.

That 'prevent' defense (which is usually just a zone) plays better if you have the talent for a 4 man rush. My contrast, you'd still be crying if they blitzed because the lackluster secondary would get torched. You can't win without talent.

Mentally and physically, the Raiders roster was void of talent. A coach can only do so much. Again, most predicted this to be a 1-2 win team citing….. yup, a lack of talent on the roster. But Allen and Co. managed 4 wins.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant wait for SEA game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: