Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft and Cap thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
Brad Biggs
‏@BradBiggs
#49ers and #Texans both put Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo through private workout already today at NU

Interesting. Would be odd to see the 9ers take him... but maybe the Texans are thinking they can get Clowney and Jimmy G..

I think the 49ers make more sense than the Texans.

9ers would likely have to trade up in the second round to get him. Why waste assets like that on a back up? Unless they arent convinced Kap is the guy... Which they are since they traded Smith away for him.

I agree, but SF may not want to pay or be forced into paying Kap the $18m/yr that he is wanting.

He doesn't deserve it anyway. He's not a good QB. If you placed him on an average team, not one with an elite defense to carry him as he has in San Francisco, he'd be a sub-.500 QB.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
buckwild wrote:
Brad Biggs
‏@BradBiggs
#49ers and #Texans both put Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo through private workout already today at NU

Interesting. Would be odd to see the 9ers take him... but maybe the Texans are thinking they can get Clowney and Jimmy G..

I think the 49ers make more sense than the Texans.

9ers would likely have to trade up in the second round to get him. Why waste assets like that on a back up? Unless they arent convinced Kap is the guy... Which they are since they traded Smith away for him.

I agree, but SF may not want to pay or be forced into paying Kap the $18m/yr that he is wanting.

He doesn't deserve it anyway. He's not a good QB. If you placed him on an average team, not one with an elite defense to carry him as he has in San Francisco, he'd be a sub-.500 QB.

I would also say the same thing about Russel Wilson. Guaranteed when Espn does their top qb's, Wilson is in the top 6.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Ianfitzespn: Great visit w/ DT Aaron Donald. Impressive on & off the field. Liked what he said a/b his visit w/ Cowboy coaches especially Rod Marinelli.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
RHS Ocho Cinco

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, recently I've seen a trend of Anthony Barr slipping down draft-boards and mock drafts. Now, this may simply be due to bored fans making up fantasies and a media making a non-story a story. But, if he happens to slip to us, would you guys like having him? How do you seem him fitting with us? (And, if he slips close to us, do we like him enough to trade him up a few spots to snatch him?)
matt79511

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hesitant to trade up for anyone given the team's many needs/poor depth. Of course, that's been true of Dallas for some time now. What makes this year different is the staggering depth of this year's draft. I firmly believe there will be someone available at 16 that would be an excellent pick.

Barr could absolutely be such a player though. I'd love him in the Von Miller role (SLB on run downs, DE on passing downs)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
I'm hesitant to trade up for anyone given the team's many needs/poor depth. Of course, that's been true of Dallas for some time now. What makes this year different is the staggering depth of this year's draft. I firmly believe there will be someone available at 16 that would be an excellent pick.

Barr could absolutely be such a player though. I'd love him in the Von Miller role (SLB on run downs, DE on passing downs)

I absolutely agree. I'm usually more of a supporter of trading up, but definitely not this year. I like Barr, but there's too much depth for a trade-up. But, if Donald, Barr, Evans, Moseley, or Ealy aren't available, then I wouldn't mind a trade-down from 16.
matt79511

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RHS Ocho Cinco wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

I absolutely agree. I'm usually more of a supporter of trading up, but definitely not this year. I like Barr, but there's too much depth for a trade-up. But, if Donald, Barr, Evans, Moseley, or Ealy aren't available, then I wouldn't mind a trade-down from 16.

I'd throw Jernigan and the safeties in that mix as well. Dallas is in a good spot, hope they make the most of it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for everyone. You are a new franchise trying to fill out your roster. What Free Agent would you go after and who would you take with the first overall pick?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RHS Ocho Cinco wrote:
So, recently I've seen a trend of Anthony Barr slipping down draft-boards and mock drafts. Now, this may simply be due to bored fans making up fantasies and a media making a non-story a story. But, if he happens to slip to us, would you guys like having him? How do you seem him fitting with us? (And, if he slips close to us, do we like him enough to trade him up a few spots to snatch him?)

If Barr slips to #16, I would draft him and giggle uncontrollably in excitement.

If you are telling me right now that I can have Barr for my 1st and 4th round picks, I'd probably take you up on that offer. But this team can really ill-afford to be throwing away quality draft picks, so that makes me hesitant.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
Question for everyone. You are a new franchise trying to fill out your roster. What Free Agent would you go after and who would you take with the first overall pick?

I would take Teddy Bridgewater to be my QB of the future.

I also think that straddling yourself with massive free agent contracts on guys who will be past their prime by the time you can hope to be competitive, is a bad idea.

I would probably wait for the market to settle and invest in some veteren offensive linemen to help keep my quarterback upright as I develop him and build the rest of my team through the draft.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
JWingate wrote:

I would take Teddy Bridgewater to be my QB of the future.

I also think that straddling yourself with massive free agent contracts on guys who will be past their prime by the time you can hope to be competitive, is a bad idea.

I would probably wait for the market to settle and invest in some veteren offensive linemen to help keep my quarterback upright as I develop him and build the rest of my team through the draft.

I personally would draft Jake Matthews.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:

I'm taking Johnny Manziel. As a new franchise, I need someone to sell jerseys and market my team. Johnny Friggin Football.

For a free agent, I'd probably grab Eric Decker? I don't know this year's free agency class too well though.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please on Barr. He reminds me of Ware as a rookie.

He's got Ware's size, though not his athleticism, but his reflexes and peripheral vision are amazing.
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id look at barr if Donald was gone

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RHS Ocho Cinco wrote:
JWingate wrote:

I'm taking Johnny Manziel. As a new franchise, I need someone to sell jerseys and market my team. Johnny Friggin Football.

You'd sell jerseys but never win any games. Manziel is not suited to be an NFL QB. Not by any stretch of the imagination. He's a 5th round talent at best who will be thrust into the 1st round because of his hype. The guy can't play.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 31 of 68

Jump to: