You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PFF. Thoughts?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: PFF. Thoughts? Reply with quote

I'm sure I'm a bit late to the game here, but after hearing about it for a few years, I'm curious if there's enough reliable data being created to make it worthwhile to an interested, though amateur fan.

Do these guys truly take this seriously and do the results match the eye test, or is it a sweat shop where errors are made due to it being based on 17-year old kids watching the All-22 being asked to compile detailed analysis in impossible time-frames just to keep the whole thing profitable?

Reviews seem mixed... would love to get the opinion of some of you scout-types.

Go Hawks.

TommyC376 on the Sig
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only appropriate answer here is that we don't know. As of now PFF is really the only site that attempts to evaluate every single snap of a football game for every player (or at least claims to) so there is no source able to refute the findings of PFF. As of now I think it's fair to use PFF's rankings to track the success of a player, but I wouldn't trust their subjective numeric grading system and I wouldn't use that in support of an argument.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: