Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank your top Defensive Players
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kampman74

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Rank your top Defensive Players Reply with quote

If you wouldn't mind indulging me for a topic. I just was hoping that you guys would rank you players ONLY ON D Please. You can do all of them or just the top guys ( which for you guys is still going be your whole D) and any comments about players would be most welcomed. Thanks!! ANd good luck on your Superbowl run.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of who has played significantly and throught this season I would put it as:

1. Earl Thomas
2. Richard Sherman
3. Michael Bennett
4. Kam Chancellor
5. Bobby Wagner
6. Byron Maxwell
7. Brandon Mebane
8. Clinton McDonald
9. Malcolm Smith
10. Tony McDaniel
11. K.J. Wright
12. Jeremy Lane
13. Cliff Avril
14. Bruce Irvin
15. Walter Thurmond
16. Chris Clemmons
17. Red Bryant

Wagner, Maxwell, and Mebane can all be mixed around. I like this list though.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
In terms of who has played significantly and throught this season I would put it as:

1. Earl Thomas
2. Richard Sherman
3. Michael Bennett
4. Kam Chancellor
5. Bobby Wagner
6. Byron Maxwell
7. Brandon Mebane
8. Clinton McDonald
9. Malcolm Smith
10. Tony McDaniel
11. K.J. Wright
12. Jeremy Lane
13. Cliff Avril
14. Bruce Irvin
15. Walter Thurmond
16. Chris Clemmons
17. Red Bryant

Wagner, Maxwell, and Mebane can all be mixed around. I like this list though.

I like this as well. I might have Mebane up a spot or two higher though and McDaniel down a spot or two, but pretty accurate for what I'd put. Mebane has been underappreciated by most for as long as he's been here. He may not put up the flashy stats, but he's consistently doing his job and making everyone else's job that much easier.
Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Earl Thomas
2. Richard Sherman

3. Michael Bennett

4. Brandon Mebane
5. Cliff Avril
6. Kam Chancellor
7. Clinton McDonald
8. K.J. Wright

9. Byron Maxwell
10. Malcolm Smith

Quote:
Shawn Lynch ‏@MoneyLynch 3m
This is Steven Hauschka and I'm tweeting from Marshawn's account. Please vote me into the pro bowl.
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
1. Earl Thomas
2. Richard Sherman

3. Michael Bennett

4. Brandon Mebane
5. Cliff Avril
6. Kam Chancellor
7. Clinton McDonald
8. K.J. Wright

9. Byron Maxwell
10. Malcolm Smith

I like this list. Only thing I might change is lowering KJ Wright.

Anyone a little disappointed in Bruce Irvin's impact? I was hoping we were going to use him a lot more like Von Miller this year.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

Anyone a little disappointed in Bruce Irvin's impact? I was hoping we were going to use him a lot more like Von Miller this year.

He got off to a great start after his return and has since dissipated. He's just invisible on the field. Forgotten he was on the defense a few times the last couple weeks.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I like this list. Only thing I might change is lowering KJ Wright.

He may not be making impact plays, doesn't mean he is playing bad. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now since he is learning a new position. Plus he should see more pass rushing snaps next year when Clemons is gone.

K.J. was playing fantastic before his injury, who else would you have above him? Thats removing Smith and Maxwell from the equation, can't put them higher until I see them on the field more.

Quote:
Shawn Lynch ‏@MoneyLynch 3m
This is Steven Hauschka and I'm tweeting from Marshawn's account. Please vote me into the pro bowl.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
1. Earl Thomas
2. Richard Sherman

3. Michael Bennett

4. Brandon Mebane
5. Cliff Avril
6. Kam Chancellor
7. Clinton McDonald
8. K.J. Wright

9. Byron Maxwell
10. Malcolm Smith
Love this list. I wouldn't change your list through 7.

My top 11 would round out as such...

8. Malcolm Smith
9. Byron Maxwell
10. Bruce Irvin
11. KJ Wright

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10

Last edited by Tatupu_64 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:

He got off to a great start after his return and has since dissipated. He's just invisible on the field. Forgotten he was on the defense a few times the last couple weeks.
That's funny, because I'd say he's been playing pretty well. Being invisible as a SLB in the run game is more of a could thing. His job is to get outside contain and force runs back to the middle. He's been surprisingly solid in coverage. It's hard to really knock him as a pass rusher because he doesn't get much of a chance out there in coverage

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
animaltested

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:

That's funny, because I'd say he's been playing pretty well. Being invisible as a SLB in the run game is more of a could thing. His job is to get outside contain and force runs back to the middle. He's been surprisingly solid in coverage. It's hard to really knock him as a pass rusher because he doesn't get much of a chance out there in coverage

I think it is a schematic thing. Quinn doesnt call many blitzes, and if he does it seems to be from the middle. I cant remember ever seeing a strong side blitz on passing downs. And if there was it was meant to take up a blocker.

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
hawksman81

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:

What do we do when KJ comes back?

Benching Malcolm with his very high level of play is pretty hard especially with the whole compete philosophy.

I say we move Irvin to a do it all utility player who rotates from the DL to LB.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not disappointed in Irvin at all. As has been stated, being invisible isn't necessarily a bad thing. If I'm noticing him because of missed tackles or being burned in coverage, then that's an issue, but if he's quietly performing the tasks he's assigned, I'm good with it. Sure, I'd like to see him rushing the passer a bit more, but if he doesn't do it until we face the 9ers, it'll all be worth it to see him go full speed @ Kaep and knock him out cold.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawksman81 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:

What do we do when KJ comes back?

Benching Malcolm with his very high level of play is pretty hard especially with the whole compete philosophy.

I say we move Irvin to a do it all utility player who rotates from the DL to LB.
If I was Carroll, I'd just rotate a lot, or keep KJ on the bench. If this were back in week 10, I'd have Wags and Wright battle it out for starter at MLB

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the sentiment that if Irvin doesn't get his name called a lot, it's probably a good thing for now. I'd call it a success that he hasn't gotten torched to the point where we're all killing him in this forum. He's only in his 2nd pro season and he's learning a new position on top of that. At some point the expectations are going to increase, but for now I think he's doing fine by just doing his job, even if that means we're missing out on some big plays from his pass rushing speed.

I would expect at some point, teams are going to try and exploit his inexperience at LB, frankly I'm surprised teams haven't already. If they have and have failed, then he's more of a success than I thought.

Sheldon Cooper
Athelite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the chances you guys let Bennett hit free agency?

BTW I'm cheering for you guys in the playoffs GO HAWKS

^Takeonme^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: