Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which 2015 UFA would you FIRST try to extend?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Bigger priority:
James Smith (offense)
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
James Smith (defense)
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 12

sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LRaven wrote:
Our most productive WRs were... free agents. Qadry Ismail, Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason...

Boldin was a steal of a trade.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LRaven wrote:
Our most productive WRs were... free agents. Qadry Ismail, Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason...

I think you have to add Torrey Smith to that list, now. While we know he can be much more productive than he already has been, and that he needs to find some consistency, it can't be denied that he has been very productive, over his first three years in the league.

With better gameplanning, designed to free him up more, and a better pocket for Joe to throw from, I think Torrey could easily put up 1500+ yards a season on a regular basis.

I disagree that it is easy to draft a WR, and when you look at the success to failure ratio of receivers in the draft (for all teams, not jus the Ravens), I'd guess that it bears this out.

And honestly, with the Ravens, I feel like there must be some shortcomings somewhere in the coaching of WRs, for so many to have come in and disappointed so badly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
LRaven wrote:

I think you have to add Torrey Smith to that list, now. While we know he can be much more productive than he already has been, and that he needs to find some consistency, it can't be denied that he has been very productive, over his first three years in the league.

With better gameplanning, designed to free him up more, and a better pocket for Joe to throw from, I think Torrey could easily put up 1500+ yards a season on a regular basis.

I disagree that it is easy to draft a WR, and when you look at the success to failure ratio of receivers in the draft (for all teams, not jus the Ravens), I'd guess that it bears this out.

And honestly, with the Ravens, I feel like there must be some shortcomings somewhere in the coaching of WRs, for so many to have come in and disappointed so badly.

Good point on coaching. That said, the fact that Torrey smith and marlon brown have easily the two best rookie wr seasons in franchise history.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: