Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bucs fire HC Greg Schiano, GM Dominik; Love Smith favorite
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
I know you are sick of listening to this but if lovie comes on board and his excellent staff, do we keep Revis? Would he be happy playing zone? It has to be a question that although lovie mixes in cover two man , he's basically a zone guy and won't run man to man all game or even 60%.

It's a question worth noting bc this new regime has no ties to the Revis deal , he may not fit the defense, may not like the defense and his contract isn't guaranteed.

I think given how good a man corner Revis is, he would happily adapt to using man coverage more often. Revis is the kind of player you can build a scheme around. If Lovie becomes our HC, we have the prototypical 3 tech and WLB in place so our front 7 may resemble a Tampa 2. I think Lovie can find a way to use Revis to his strengths. Banks is also more of a press man corner and was drafted to be one so we have the ability to play man the vast majority of the time on the corners.

True he most likley will change up his scheme for Revis and banks improves also cause of that

Honestly I think banks is perfect fit at FS in this defense. Can tackle, and his strength is being a ball hawk.

The only thing that concerns me is Revis is a guy that has already displayed his impatience with being mixed in zone. Maybe a better regime will keep him happy but honestly this was a Dom and schiano move. They're not here and lovie and new gm could see it differently. I don't think lovie changes his scheme to cater to Revis if he thinks he can be success and he has without his type of play.

Would We Put 3 Safeties on the fiied or Transfer Goldson to CB

No. Those words never left my mouth. Just saying I think he'd be a perfect fit but it wouldn't happen. Goldsons contract were stuck with for next year and maybe 2.

If We Are Paying Goldson so Much money Why are we goning to put him on the bench Leave everyone where they are Lovie Will Come in And fix all of SChinao Problems

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 13 Catches 134 Yards 2 TDs
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if lovie believes banks is a better fit at FS than goldson, he'll have no problem benching Goldson. If Banks starting at safety gives you the best chance to win, I don't care how much Goldson is being payed, you sit him. I like Goldson though and I'd like to see how Banks does in his 2nd year at CB. If Lovie is the guy, I have confidence that he'll make the right personnel decisions on the defense

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
I think if lovie believes banks is a better fit at FS than goldson, he'll have no problem benching Goldson. If Banks starting at safety gives you the best chance to win, I don't care how much Goldson is being payed, you sit him. I like Goldson though and I'd like to see how Banks does in his 2nd year at CB. If Lovie is the guy, I have confidence that he'll make the right personnel decisions on the defense

Very Good Point and i Really Hope we get lovie #BringLovieBackToTampa

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
My Protection For all HC vaccinates
Texans Bill O'Brian
Buccaneers Lovie Smith
Redskins Art Briles
Browns Josh Mcdaniels or Ray Horton
Lions Who Ever is out there

That's not a prediction. NFL network has been reporting this for the past couple days.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
I know you are sick of listening to this but if lovie comes on board and his excellent staff, do we keep Revis? Would he be happy playing zone? It has to be a question that although lovie mixes in cover two man , he's basically a zone guy and won't run man to man all game or even 60%.

It's a question worth noting bc this new regime has no ties to the Revis deal , he may not fit the defense, may not like the defense and his contract isn't guaranteed.

I think given how good a man corner Revis is, he would happily adapt to using man coverage more often. Revis is the kind of player you can build a scheme around. If Lovie becomes our HC, we have the prototypical 3 tech and WLB in place so our front 7 may resemble a Tampa 2. I think Lovie can find a way to use Revis to his strengths. Banks is also more of a press man corner and was drafted to be one so we have the ability to play man the vast majority of the time on the corners.

True he most likley will change up his scheme for Revis and banks improves also cause of that

Honestly I think banks is perfect fit at FS in this defense. Can tackle, and his strength is being a ball hawk.

The only thing that concerns me is Revis is a guy that has already displayed his impatience with being mixed in zone. Maybe a better regime will keep him happy but honestly this was a Dom and schiano move. They're not here and lovie and new gm could see it differently. I don't think lovie changes his scheme to cater to Revis if he thinks he can be success and he has without his type of play.

Would We Put 3 Safeties on the fiied or Transfer Goldson to CB

No. Those words never left my mouth. Just saying I think he'd be a perfect fit but it wouldn't happen. Goldsons contract were stuck with for next year and maybe 2.

If We Are Paying Goldson so Much money Why are we goning to put him on the bench Leave everyone where they are Lovie Will Come in And fix all of SChinao Problems

You lack attention to detail. I never said that either. I said banks would be a fit "when we move on from goldson". I make a comment that I think banks would suit that role and you take it and run with it by putting words in my mouth.
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas is keeping Garrett and parting ways with Kiffin. Dallas defense looked great the first couple of games but unfourtanatley they suffered a lot of injuries and didn't have the players for the defense Monte wanted

Could Monte and Marinellil and Lovie all be back in Tampa!?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

Very Good Point and i Really Hope we get lovie #BringLovieBackToTampa

Idk about you guys but does anyone else feel Barron and goldson are identical players? I thought goldson was always better in the box and not very good in coverage. Barron is improving in coverage but best at SS role. He'll fit we'll in lovies defense at SS. Goldson not so much hence the banks to FS idea.

As a prospect coming out I saw banks as a guy who can play cb in a zone and man scheme but saw his skills and strengths better suited to play FS. Not saying he couldn't play cb. But he'd be a better safety IMO.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
Dallas is keeping Garrett and parting ways with Kiffin. Dallas defense looked great the first couple of games but unfourtanatley they suffered a lot of injuries and didn't have the players for the defense Monte wanted

I think montes time is up as a coach.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
ABucNBradenton wrote:

Also i Dont like Kiffen Way Too Old

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone Heard any new News On Lovie or anything HC/GM Related

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:

Last edited by djw4bucs on Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
ABucNBradenton wrote:

If Monte wanted the lbs or something I would be fine with that. Rod could take the line and Frazier could be the dc.

Bring Ronde in to coach the secondary and Brooks the lbs and Sapp the line :wink:

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
ABucNBradenton wrote:

If Monte wanted the lbs or something I would be fine with that. Rod could take the line and Frazier could be the dc.

Bring Ronde in to coach the secondary and Brooks the lbs and Sapp the line Wink

Would Not mind that

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
[quote="Pewter Report]Lovie Smith Would Bring Tony Dungy-like Qualities To Tampa Bayhttp://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9538

Good Article[/quote]

Quote:
Former Buccaneers Pro Bowl middle linebacker Hardy Nickerson was spotted roaming the halls at One Buccaneer Place in December as a guest of the Glazers. Not only did Nickerson play for Smith in Tampa Bay, he also was Smith’s linebackers coach in Chicago in 2007. Nickerson, a Cal alum, has spent the last three years coaching high school football at Bishop O’Dowd in Oakland, Calif., and he has undoubtedly familiar with Tedford from his recruiting the Oakland area and the fact that he coaches at his alma mater.

We could go from a laughing stock staff to a friggin all star crew Shocked

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
[quote="Pewter Report]Lovie Smith Would Bring Tony Dungy-like Qualities To Tampa Bayhttp://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9538

Good Article

deuces22wild wrote:
Quote:
Former Buccaneers Pro Bowl middle linebacker Hardy Nickerson was spotted roaming the halls at One Buccaneer Place in December as a guest of the Glazers. Not only did Nickerson play for Smith in Tampa Bay, he also was Smith’s linebackers coach in Chicago in 2007. Nickerson, a Cal alum, has spent the last three years coaching high school football at Bishop O’Dowd in Oakland, Calif., and he has undoubtedly familiar with Tedford from his recruiting the Oakland area and the fact that he coaches at his alma mater.

We could go from a laughing stock staff to a friggin all star crew Shocked

I think Lovie Smith would seriously turn this team around with him and the staff that would follow him in

Last edited by Caaddy24 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: