Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bucs fire HC Greg Schiano, GM Dominik; Love Smith favorite
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
eggybucsfan31


Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 7714
Location: Westerly RI
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
Would we maybe sign Cutler?


Don't joke about stuff like that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 9388
Location: Deadpulse sigging it up
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
mfw096 wrote:
Bringing in Lovie Smith as our Head Coach would be the best thing for this team.

Either way I just hope we stick with are next coach for a long time because even with the bad days and the good days chemistry builds and that's what we need to get back to because that's what we did with Tony Dungy.

Anyways, I really think Lovie Smith will become the next coach for us but who will be the GM? Any ideas on that guys?

Well we are apparently interviewing Lovie tomorrow and unless we are a backward organization that hires Head Coaches or interviews them before having a GM in place my thoughts are that Stokes got the promotion and the Glazers will wait to let all the info come out when they find the HC. If we have yet to hire a GM and are interviewing coaches that's a problem. So hopefully it's Stokes.


Oh God I hope it's Lovie and Stokes. The only thing is Lovie is a zone defense type of guy but I like our defense as an attacking 4-3.

Would we maybe sign Cutler?


Lovie's not an idiot. He knows what's up and I'm sure he's had his eye on Tampa for awhile now. If he is our guy I have full faith in him and Frazier/Marinelli to use our defense to its strength. The days of Tampa two are in the past IMO.

Yuck, no to Cutler. If we are gonna bust the bank and spend our cap $15-20,000,000 it better be for Brees/Manning/Rodgers type guy not a Flacco/Cutler/Manning type guy.
_________________

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8657
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was just thinking didn't the Cheifs do something similar with Reid? I high profile Super Bowl coach was out there so they jumped on that ship then picked the gm.

Almost positive they fired pioli after hiring Reid. Similar situation in getting a gm 2nd or stokes is the guy ?

Bleacher report says we're looking at experience for both and need to fix the qb issues.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buc Ball


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 1204
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Was just thinking didn't the Cheifs do something similar with Reid? I high profile Super Bowl coach was out there so they jumped on that ship then picked the gm.

Almost positive they fired pioli after hiring Reid. Similar situation in getting a gm 2nd or stokes is the guy ?

Bleacher report says we're looking at experience for both and need to fix the qb issues.

This is why I think a GM won't be appointed until the HC is in place. That potentially hurt us 2 years ago when Dom was still in place. I'm happy for that to happen. I'm guessing Stokes is still on the front office staff for now anyway.
_________________
Adopt a Buc:

Doug Martin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8657
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you are sick of listening to this but if lovie comes on board and his excellent staff, do we keep Revis? Would he be happy playing zone? It has to be a question that although lovie mixes in cover two man , he's basically a zone guy and won't run man to man all game or even 60%.

It's a question worth noting bc this new regime has no ties to the Revis deal , he may not fit the defense, may not like the defense and his contract isn't guaranteed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djw4bucs


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 4323
Location: NS922 on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I know you are sick of listening to this but if lovie comes on board and his excellent staff, do we keep Revis? Would he be happy playing zone? It has to be a question that although lovie mixes in cover two man , he's basically a zone guy and won't run man to man all game or even 60%.

It's a question worth noting bc this new regime has no ties to the Revis deal , he may not fit the defense, may not like the defense and his contract isn't guaranteed.

Unless Stokes Trades Him (Doubt it) We Will Keep him
_________________

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 43 Catches 561 Yards 2 TDs
Mariota or Bust
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buc Ball


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 1204
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I know you are sick of listening to this but if lovie comes on board and his excellent staff, do we keep Revis? Would he be happy playing zone? It has to be a question that although lovie mixes in cover two man , he's basically a zone guy and won't run man to man all game or even 60%.

It's a question worth noting bc this new regime has no ties to the Revis deal , he may not fit the defense, may not like the defense and his contract isn't guaranteed.

I think given how good a man corner Revis is, he would happily adapt to using man coverage more often. Revis is the kind of player you can build a scheme around. If Lovie becomes our HC, we have the prototypical 3 tech and WLB in place so our front 7 may resemble a Tampa 2. I think Lovie can find a way to use Revis to his strengths. Banks is also more of a press man corner and was drafted to be one so we have the ability to play man the vast majority of the time on the corners.
_________________
Adopt a Buc:

Doug Martin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djw4bucs


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 4323
Location: NS922 on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
I know you are sick of listening to this but if lovie comes on board and his excellent staff, do we keep Revis? Would he be happy playing zone? It has to be a question that although lovie mixes in cover two man , he's basically a zone guy and won't run man to man all game or even 60%.

It's a question worth noting bc this new regime has no ties to the Revis deal , he may not fit the defense, may not like the defense and his contract isn't guaranteed.

I think given how good a man corner Revis is, he would happily adapt to using man coverage more often. Revis is the kind of player you can build a scheme around. If Lovie becomes our HC, we have the prototypical 3 tech and WLB in place so our front 7 may resemble a Tampa 2. I think Lovie can find a way to use Revis to his strengths. Banks is also more of a press man corner and was drafted to be one so we have the ability to play man the vast majority of the time on the corners.

True he most likley will change up his scheme for Revis and banks improves also cause of that
_________________

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 43 Catches 561 Yards 2 TDs
Mariota or Bust
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djw4bucs


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 4323
Location: NS922 on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Protection For all HC vaccinates
Texans Bill O'Brian
Buccaneers Lovie Smith
Redskins Art Briles
Browns Josh Mcdaniels or Ray Horton
Lions Who Ever is out there
_________________

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 43 Catches 561 Yards 2 TDs
Mariota or Bust
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8657
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
My Protection For all HC vaccinates
Texans Bill O'Brian
Buccaneers Lovie Smith
Redskins Art Briles
Browns Josh Mcdaniels or Ray Horton
Lions Who Ever is out there


I will laugh at Washington. They are catering to RG III every request and his daddy's request.

I think whisenhunt will be in Detroit. Bevelle or Gase in Minnesota.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djw4bucs


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 4323
Location: NS922 on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
My Protection For all HC vaccinates
Texans Bill O'Brian
Buccaneers Lovie Smith
Redskins Art Briles
Browns Josh Mcdaniels or Ray Horton
Lions Who Ever is out there


I will laugh at Washington. They are catering to RG III every request and his daddy's request.

I think whisenhunt will be in Detroit. Bevelle or Gase in Minnesota.

Think Bevell Will Be in MIN and Roman in DET
BTW Bevell Has no E at the end
_________________

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 43 Catches 561 Yards 2 TDs
Mariota or Bust
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8657
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
I know you are sick of listening to this but if lovie comes on board and his excellent staff, do we keep Revis? Would he be happy playing zone? It has to be a question that although lovie mixes in cover two man , he's basically a zone guy and won't run man to man all game or even 60%.

It's a question worth noting bc this new regime has no ties to the Revis deal , he may not fit the defense, may not like the defense and his contract isn't guaranteed.

I think given how good a man corner Revis is, he would happily adapt to using man coverage more often. Revis is the kind of player you can build a scheme around. If Lovie becomes our HC, we have the prototypical 3 tech and WLB in place so our front 7 may resemble a Tampa 2. I think Lovie can find a way to use Revis to his strengths. Banks is also more of a press man corner and was drafted to be one so we have the ability to play man the vast majority of the time on the corners.

True he most likley will change up his scheme for Revis and banks improves also cause of that


Honestly I think banks is perfect fit at FS in this defense. Can tackle, and his strength is being a ball hawk.

The only thing that concerns me is Revis is a guy that has already displayed his impatience with being mixed in zone. Maybe a better regime will keep him happy but honestly this was a Dom and schiano move. They're not here and lovie and new gm could see it differently. I don't think lovie changes his scheme to cater to Revis if he thinks he can be success and he has without his type of play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8657
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
My Protection For all HC vaccinates
Texans Bill O'Brian
Buccaneers Lovie Smith
Redskins Art Briles
Browns Josh Mcdaniels or Ray Horton
Lions Who Ever is out there


I will laugh at Washington. They are catering to RG III every request and his daddy's request.

I think whisenhunt will be in Detroit. Bevelle or Gase in Minnesota.

Think Bevell Will Be in MIN and Roman in DET
BTW Bevell Has no E at the end


Oh well. Sorry I'm at my phone at work. Haha. And I think whisenhunt is a guy for Detroit. They want experience and someone that can improve stafford.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djw4bucs


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 4323
Location: NS922 on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
I know you are sick of listening to this but if lovie comes on board and his excellent staff, do we keep Revis? Would he be happy playing zone? It has to be a question that although lovie mixes in cover two man , he's basically a zone guy and won't run man to man all game or even 60%.

It's a question worth noting bc this new regime has no ties to the Revis deal , he may not fit the defense, may not like the defense and his contract isn't guaranteed.

I think given how good a man corner Revis is, he would happily adapt to using man coverage more often. Revis is the kind of player you can build a scheme around. If Lovie becomes our HC, we have the prototypical 3 tech and WLB in place so our front 7 may resemble a Tampa 2. I think Lovie can find a way to use Revis to his strengths. Banks is also more of a press man corner and was drafted to be one so we have the ability to play man the vast majority of the time on the corners.

True he most likley will change up his scheme for Revis and banks improves also cause of that


Honestly I think banks is perfect fit at FS in this defense. Can tackle, and his strength is being a ball hawk.

The only thing that concerns me is Revis is a guy that has already displayed his impatience with being mixed in zone. Maybe a better regime will keep him happy but honestly this was a Dom and schiano move. They're not here and lovie and new gm could see it differently. I don't think lovie changes his scheme to cater to Revis if he thinks he can be success and he has without his type of play.

Would We Put 3 Safeties on the fiied or Transfer Goldson to CB
_________________

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 43 Catches 561 Yards 2 TDs
Mariota or Bust
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8657
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
I know you are sick of listening to this but if lovie comes on board and his excellent staff, do we keep Revis? Would he be happy playing zone? It has to be a question that although lovie mixes in cover two man , he's basically a zone guy and won't run man to man all game or even 60%.

It's a question worth noting bc this new regime has no ties to the Revis deal , he may not fit the defense, may not like the defense and his contract isn't guaranteed.

I think given how good a man corner Revis is, he would happily adapt to using man coverage more often. Revis is the kind of player you can build a scheme around. If Lovie becomes our HC, we have the prototypical 3 tech and WLB in place so our front 7 may resemble a Tampa 2. I think Lovie can find a way to use Revis to his strengths. Banks is also more of a press man corner and was drafted to be one so we have the ability to play man the vast majority of the time on the corners.

True he most likley will change up his scheme for Revis and banks improves also cause of that


Honestly I think banks is perfect fit at FS in this defense. Can tackle, and his strength is being a ball hawk.

The only thing that concerns me is Revis is a guy that has already displayed his impatience with being mixed in zone. Maybe a better regime will keep him happy but honestly this was a Dom and schiano move. They're not here and lovie and new gm could see it differently. I don't think lovie changes his scheme to cater to Revis if he thinks he can be success and he has without his type of play.

Would We Put 3 Safeties on the fiied or Transfer Goldson to CB


No. Those words never left my mouth. Just saying I think he'd be a perfect fit but it wouldn't happen. Goldsons contract were stuck with for next year and maybe 2.

Banks skills and strengths cater to the FS position in lovies defense. Could be a future move after goldson.


Last edited by REDandPEWTER on Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group