Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should the Raiders fire Dennis Allen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Raiders fire Dennis Allen?
Yes
34%
 34%  [ 15 ]
No
65%
 65%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 44

Dessie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
daineraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Our staff deserves at least 1 or 2 more years. People you have to realize that around $40 mil of our cap space was DEAD money. Reggie had some major major contract issues to deal with. He didnt have a 1st or 2nd round pick his 1st year. Then add in the fact that we had very little talent to work with when he got here.

Dennis Allen got 2 more wins than anyone could have predicted we would get this year. Yes, we struggled at the backend of the season, but thats about how we should have looked all year with this team. Allen will show whether or not he can coach over the next year or two. Add some talent through the draft and free agency and at least he will have something to work with.

Some of you dont know what a proper rebuild looks like because everyone is so used to starting the rebuild over every year.

This and everyone wants quick fix. So desperate for the Raiders to have a winning season if something doesn't work 1 season, they want to start from scratch.

Look how long it took in New England, Seattle, Cinci etc to change around their franchise. Its takes either a very stable coaching staff and solid players. Or a franchise QB that you can build around. They are a lot harder to put together than people think. I mean look at KC they have had solid ownership for a long time and have a hard time with success. They add a good coach and a smart QB and look what they do with the talent that they already had.

Give Allen some of those players and or a QB he can work with and see what he can do.

That's [inappropriate/removed].
Bill Parcells does it in 2 years everywhere he goes.
The Giants, Jets, Patriots, Miami.

None of them with the cap problems we had and starting with a lower base level of talent on the roster.

Oh reallyMiami's is talent base was so low they where
Running the wildcat instead of throwing the ball.

Lol Sparano was the HC and Parcells was the GM, you do know the difference don't you?

Like the Beckham story you are just making things up.

Whatever go back and read the post then call me a liar.

Lol which bit do you want me to prove, Parcells wasn't the HC in Miami or the fact that Beckham didn't go from Man Utd to LA Galaxy nor was he captain?

Like I said no facts to any of your posts.
#clueless
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
Reggie took a risk on DA. I've seen his type before, Mike Nolan, Steve Spagnuolo... These guys comes in to rebuild and its painful to watch.

Mike Nolan got 3 years and 7 games and the fans got 18-37

Steve Spagnuolo got 3 years and the fans got 10-38

Todd Haley took on a rebuilding project too, Fired after 3 seasons.

Usually the coaches who come in for the rebuild process don't last past 3 years because the losing is just out of control. When the Raiders go 5-11 next season, everyone will want heads to roll... Everyone that is preaching patience will be singing a different song at the end of 2014.
great post. Even mike sing 18-22 and got canned in 2.5 yrs.

Seems like we are the only team that accepts failure and we will never change the culture of losing like that.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you

Last edited by NCOUGHMAN on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering we have one of the toughest schedules on paper. Unless we hit home runs in free agency and the draft DA Probably will get canned and everybody can stop complaining.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
Considering we have one of the toughest schedules on paper. Unless we hit home runs in free agency and the draft DA Probably will get canned and everybody can stop complaining.
why wait even a guy like mike sing would be an upgrade. IMO we need a guy like mike sing to straighten people out. Da is so nonchalant and IMO a young team needs someone more established and strict

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't even know who the next Head Coach should be. Maybe Mike Zimmer, Darrell Bevel, I don't know. But what I do know is... I don't want to waste another year on Dennis Allen. Its funny how DA had no patience with Greg Knapp, he fired his [inappropriate/removed] after 1 season, DA had no patience with Pryor either... But we're all suppose to sit round and wait until this team has more talent, more talent, more talent so Allen can go 8-8.

DA was DOA.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
I honestly don't even know who the next Head Coach should be. Maybe Mike Zimmer, Darrell Bevel, I don't know. But what I do know is... I don't want to waste another year on Dennis Allen. Its funny how DA had no patience with Greg Knapp, he fired his [inappropriate/removed] after 1 season, DA had no patience with Pryor either... But we're all suppose to sit round and wait until this team has more talent, more talent, more talent so Allen can go 8-8.

DA was DOA.

He was fine with Pryor. If anything he gave him too much chances. Guy's just plain not good.

Knapp's scheme clearly did not fit and giving him more time would have been fruitless because he's reluctant to adapt his scheme for his players.

Seriously, if you're going to criticize the guy then come up with stuff that actually makes sense.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
why wait even a guy like mike sing would be an upgrade. IMO we need a guy like mike sing to straighten people out. Da is so nonchalant and IMO a young team needs someone more established and strict

Mike singletary was way in over his head as head coach he was never even a coordinator. Plus he did nothing with the niners who safe to say had much more to work with.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Fact is, everyone wanting to fire Allen is thinking this team should be competitive and blame the coach solely.

Not at all.

Explain.

The overall performance in the last month of the season is what i'm blaming the coaches for, not the end of the year record.

Mediocre starting talent, no depth. What did you expect?

Guys were getting worn down on the defensive side of the ball. The offense was stagnant all season. No shock the defense started to wear down.

You know, i really feel like i'm playing devil's advocate here and i probably wouldn't if you and some others weren't so adamant on putting ALL the blame on the players (and their lack of talent) for some reason.
I would venture to say the players will be replaced for the most part so it'll be easier to build some hope going forward for all of you that way. Me, i'll be expecting much of the same.

I'm not trying to absolve Allen and the staff from coaching errors. There are definitely some mismanaged situations in game. He's a young HC, so he deserves some time to develop his style and to build a roster in his image.

And that last part is my point. The vision he and McKenzie have for the Raiders hasn't had a chance to get off the ground. How could it w/ 41% of the money dead.

So 2014, I want to see an improved roster of talent given the cap to sign quality additions. A well managed draft w/ a quality impact player added.

From the coaches, I want to see development and improvement from young payers. W/ added talent, more complexity in schemes and improved overall O and D.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:

Mike singletary was way in over his head as head coach he was never even a coordinator. Plus he did nothing with the niners who safe to say had much more to work with.

LOL Singletary. How did you come up with that bum? Might as well hire Schiano if you want a tough guy. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

DA was DOA.

He was fine with Pryor. If anything he gave him too much chances. Guy's just plain not good.

Knapp's scheme clearly did not fit and giving him more time would have been fruitless because he's reluctant to adapt his scheme for his players.

Seriously, if you're going to criticize the guy then come up with stuff that actually makes sense.

Allen hired Knapp and fired him after 1 season. Its not my problem Allen couldn't look at the talent on this team and be aware that Greg Knapp's wannabe 1998 WCO & ZBS would have been horrible fit for this team. That move alone set this team back 2 years. I can't wait until next season when all of you are calling for DA's head.
Raidin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

DA was DOA.

Allen hired Knapp and fired him after 1 season. Its not my problem Allen couldn't look at the talent on this team and be aware that Greg Knapp's wannabe 1998 WCO & ZBS would have been horrible fit for this team. That move alone set this team back 2 years. I can't wait until next season when all of you are calling for DA's head.

Lots of valid reasons to knock Allen but lets not go full retard here.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:

LOLů. Why wait?

If we hired an all star HC and had an all star staff and they didn't win next year w/ that schedule you types would want them all fired any way.

No winning with you fans you expect and want a quick fix. Redundant hiring and firing w/out allowing a proper rebuild to happen. Hence the reason the Raiders have been in this mess for a decade.
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:

It looks like a tough schedule as of right now, but that may change come next year.

Allot of turnover from one season till the next.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

DA was DOA.

I'm neither for or against him, I'm just against poor logic. It was a bad fit from the start, but that isn't what you said. You got mad at Dennis Allen for firing Greg Knapp after 1 while you agree that it was a bad fit altogether. Would rather him stick with Knapp and the ZBS then? Not patient enough with Pryor? He forced him into the Jets game and started him with Denver. If anything he was too patient with him.

I had a bone to pick with your logic in your first post and you started huffing and puffing with a different line of logic.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:

LOLů. Why wait?

If we hired an all star HC and had an all star staff and they didn't win next year w/ that schedule you types would want them all fired any way.

No winning with you fans you expect and want a quick fix. Redundant hiring and firing w/out allowing a proper rebuild to happen. Hence the reason the Raiders have been in this mess for a decade.

Yup everybody wants this thing cooked in a microwave, well I got news for you, it's gonna be sitting in a crock pot for a while

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 9 of 24

Jump to: