You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should the Raiders fire Dennis Allen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Raiders fire Dennis Allen?
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 16 ]
No
64%
 64%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 45

Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
LOL….. amazing what love Hue gets because he posted an 8-8 season in the worst division (at the time) in football.

The same people here saying "Hue was the next great Raider coach" bash Allen for lack of halftime adjustments, but Hue was awful himself and lost a lot of leads.

Also….. Hue LOST THE LOCKER ROOM. Like 100% threatened to cut players, etc. and they were growing restless w/ him. Remember him bringing back Housh? 2 high picks for Palmer.

If he coached the team in today's division, they'd be a 4 win team and everyone would want him fired. Laughing Laughing

You think the team would win 4 games when the offense went from a strength under Jackson to a huge weakness under Knapp with Palmer at QB? Not like everything went perfect for Jackson in his year as HC. He had Bresnahan calling the D and his starting QB went down mid way through the year.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Hue Jackson was willing to trade two first round picks for Carson Palmer.

I almost forgot, man that's almost as bad as drafting Russell.......... Shocked whooooops I said that name. He was from the same mold as Al, don't rebuild reload at any cost and look what that philosophy has done for this team over the past decade, I'm really surprised it only took Reggie 2 years to undo the mess but the one glaring problem we have is the gaping holes left behind in our depth from trading away all our picks, I do expect improvement next year but I think tempered enthusiasm should be exercised since we have fixed our finances but the wounds are still fresh from the gutting RM had to do.
NickButera

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet McFadden goes to Cincy. He alwasy seemed to love the way Hue used him in the offense, and he had his best years with hue designing the offense. For 6-8 games of the year, Cincy could be super dangerous. If he's smart, Hue won't use McFadden until week 14, giving him a 75% chance he'll be healthy for the playoffs. Laughing

In all serious though, I'd like to see this happen. Mcfadden in Cincy teamed up with hue and Bernard with a WR like AJ Green and a capable QB.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pozzi wrote:
why is mckeinzie getting trashed on for cleaning up al's mess?

you guys want a total rebuild...... but have absolute no patience. Rolling Eyes

Exactly...some of these guys have no clue. What did y'all expect? started a UDFA QB in a division where 3 teams made the playoffs. Ripped this team to shreds.

And now when the deconstruction is over and the fun part begins were going to start with a new GM and Coaching staff.

We have 60+ Mil, high draft picks and a coaching staff has been intact. I think they deserve at least 1 season without both hands tied behind their back.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
LOL….. amazing what love Hue gets because he posted an 8-8 season in the worst division (at the time) in football.

The same people here saying "Hue was the next great Raider coach" bash Allen for lack of halftime adjustments, but Hue was awful himself and lost a lot of leads.

Also….. Hue LOST THE LOCKER ROOM. Like 100% threatened to cut players, etc. and they were growing restless w/ him. Remember him bringing back Housh? 2 high picks for Palmer.

If he coached the team in today's division, they'd be a 4 win team and everyone would want him fired. Laughing Laughing

You think the team would win 4 games when the offense went from a strength under Jackson to a huge weakness under Knapp with Palmer at QB? Not like everything went perfect for Jackson in his year as HC. He had Bresnahan calling the D and his starting QB went down mid way through the year.

Ima DA guy but I was disappointed Hue got the axe...I understand why he was let go...dude got power drunk lol
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pozzi wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
reyjrios wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
Rolni wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Get ready for Hue Jackson, OC for the Bengals. He will probably get Dalton and company over their playoff loses.

Gruden went to Wash.

I think the Bengals made a big step in the right direction with the help of the Redskins...

Hue will have a good OL, good RB's, good recieving corp and a solid (way better then Jason Campbell) QB to work with.

I didn't like Hue as a head coach but as a coordinator no question he deserved another shot. Andy dalton still could hold the team back tho. Gio Bernard should be excited.

Hue was a perfect fit as HC for the Raiders. He looked like a Raider, walked like a Raider, and held Raiders Accountable and called them out on it. He did a great job with his time here, he was just in the wrong position at the wrong time. He didnt deserve to get fired.
yea after al died everything fell apart IMO hue was gonna be the next good raider hc then reg fired everyone
his mess had to be almost completely torn apart in order to rebuild imo, mostly for financial reasons as we all know.

I guess it's really hard to cut 10-15 players some act like reg turned water to wine. Fwiw I don't think al pulls the cp trade

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Pozzi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Pozzi wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
reyjrios wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
Rolni wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Get ready for Hue Jackson, OC for the Bengals. He will probably get Dalton and company over their playoff loses.

Gruden went to Wash.

I think the Bengals made a big step in the right direction with the help of the Redskins...

Hue will have a good OL, good RB's, good recieving corp and a solid (way better then Jason Campbell) QB to work with.

I didn't like Hue as a head coach but as a coordinator no question he deserved another shot. Andy dalton still could hold the team back tho. Gio Bernard should be excited.

Hue was a perfect fit as HC for the Raiders. He looked like a Raider, walked like a Raider, and held Raiders Accountable and called them out on it. He did a great job with his time here, he was just in the wrong position at the wrong time. He didnt deserve to get fired.
yea after al died everything fell apart IMO hue was gonna be the next good raider hc then reg fired everyone
his mess had to be almost completely torn apart in order to rebuild imo, mostly for financial reasons as we all know.

I guess it's really hard to cut 10-15 players some act like reg turned water to wine. Fwiw I don't think al pulls the cp trade

we had to sacrifice short term success for future financial stability. no way we'd be 70mill under the cap under al.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pozzi wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Pozzi wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
reyjrios wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
Rolni wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Gruden went to Wash.

we had to sacrifice short term success for future financial stability. no way we'd be 70mill under the cap under al.
no way we'd go back to back 4-12 either

Raider X wrote:
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Pozzi wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Pozzi wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
reyjrios wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
Rolni wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Gruden went to Wash.

Right and we would be competing for Lombardis by now, seriously you were happy with mortgaging future money and picks for mediocrity?
91jmay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah we'd have gone 7-9 and 6-10 and would be 8 million over the cap, would have drafted Tavon Austin and Margus Hunt and have traded our 2nd round pick this year for Sidney Rice.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Pozzi wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Pozzi wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
reyjrios wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
Rolni wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Gruden went to Wash.

Right and we would be competing for Lombardis by now, seriously you were happy with mortgaging future money and picks for mediocrity?

we were 8-8 then 4-2 when Al died imo had jcamp not gone down we would have been a playoff team and who knows. AL was somewhat of a cap master and imo he would have kept us competitive.

Raider X wrote:
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
we were 8-8 then 4-2 when Al died imo had jcamp not gone down we would have been a playoff team and who knows. AL was somewhat of a cap master and imo he would have kept us competitive.

No because he would routinely trade high picks for players past their primes or draft busts early on and you can only stretch the cap so far. The team's foundation was built on quicksand. How this isn't blatantly obvious to anyone is appalling.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

No because he would routinely trade high picks for players past their primes or draft busts early on and you can only stretch the cap so far. The team's foundation was built on quicksand. How this isn't blatantly obvious to anyone is appalling.

he traded high picks for d hall and seymore is there anyone else im missing?

Raider X wrote:
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

+1 and i understand he liked taking care of his guys but the contracts he handed out to Stanford routt Kam Wimbley Richard Seymour even nmandi were too much

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
91jmay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

he traded high picks for d hall and seymore is there anyone else im missing?

Moss, Wimbley, Curry (move in the works before he died), Campbell.
Add to the he was the worst drafter in the first two rounds in the league for a decade. He had set us up for complete failure long term, and utter mediocrity short term.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: