You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should the Raiders fire Dennis Allen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Raiders fire Dennis Allen?
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 16 ]
No
64%
 64%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 45

Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not hugely pushed either way. Not really sold on any likely replacement for him though so probably has me very slightly leaning towards keeping him.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
I say keep him because who are you going to get? If Gruden will come then get rid of him but besides that keep him. He had to play most of the year with Pryor as his QB and we all can see that Pryor is not the answer.MCgloin has potential but he's a undrafted Rookie so he needs seasoning. I do not agree however with rotating qb's like he did, hats a bad move. Would love to see Hue brought back as OC though.

+1
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This franchise needs to find a QB.

HC's are usually only as good as the leader of their team. Look at Rivera. He was a dead man walking a season ago w/ Cam struggling. A year later, he's a coach of the year candidate largely based on Cam's ability to settle in as a passer from the pocket and lead the team. Obviously the talent on defense coming into it's own helped as well.

Raiders haven't had a HC get a 3rd year since Gruden. They haven't had a QB since Gannon. Hmmmm…….

The fact some want to purge the coach, again, makes me laugh. Same people who were burying Al Davis for years, now want more the Al Davis approach.

Also just laugh at how some expected something out of this team. I mean this was a 2 win roster to start the season, they got 4. Most thought they would be the worst team in football, they weren't.

Does anyone honestly think Harbaugh, Carrol, Bellichick, etc. could win w/ this roster? Yeah…. me neither. That's why you can't attract guys like that to the job.
Pozzi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis "Ahhhh.....Ahhhh..." Allen is still a very meh kind of coach to me, but we all know he had nothing to work with. Since we're basically starting over fresh again after just escaping salary cap hell, I wouldn't mind a new coach even as bad as that might sound.

There will be another 2 more rough years ahead at least imo, so strap in and hold on tight.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pozzi wrote:
Dennis "Ahhhh.....Ahhhh..." Allen is still a very meh kind of coach to me, but we all know he had nothing to work with. Since we're basically starting over fresh again after just escaping salary cap hell, I wouldn't mind a new coach even as bad as that might sound.

There will be another 2 more rough years ahead at least imo, so strap in and hold on tight.

"Uhhhh....Uhhhh..." is the sound he makes between words. lol He doesn't strike me as a very good leader. Paired with my preference for offensive minded head coaches and his inability to hire good OC's, I'm 100% behind him being fired.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:

A few thoughts
DA biggest mistake was hiring Knapp. In two years he had 2 different offensive philosophies. How is a team supposed to develop players if every year the have a new offense?

Say what you will about Pryor but he did improve this year, how much better would he have been if he had two years under the same offense?

Why does Pryor have to hire his own QB coach to teach him how to throw the ball? That shows DA is oblivious to the needs of this players and developing them.

Shouldn't have to teach a nfl qb how to throw a football. I'm not going to hold that against allen.

+1
There is a reasonable amount of coaching dedicated to each position, more during OTAs and TC then in season as game planning is taking place week to week. I'm certain Pryor lovers think DA should dedicate ALL his time to developing Pryor but that's not feasible. It's not unusual to see developmental players working on aspects of their game before and after practice. Although, I have never heard of a QB admitting that he never learned to throw. . . usually we call those players bartenders. You should be mad at Tressell not DA, this is the pros.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DA & his staff had nothing to work with, but even if they did, is he still the right guy to lead this team? I can't say I think he is.

People mention continuity but what good is that when you don't have the right guy?

On the flip side, I don't see anyone out there who I would want as HC right now other than Gruden or Horton.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
DA & his staff had nothing to work with, but even if they did, is he still the right guy to lead this team? I can't say I think he is.

People mention continuity but what good is that when you don't have the right guy?

On the flip side, I don't see anyone out there who I would want as HC right now other than Gruden or Horton.

How do you know if he's the right guy when he doesn't have talent around him?

Bill Bellichick wasn't "the right guy" in Cleveland but once he was introduced to someone named Tom Brady, he's been largely considered among the best HC's of all time.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Pozzi wrote:

"Uhhhh....Uhhhh..." is the sound he makes between words. lol He doesn't strike me as a very good leader. Paired with my preference for offensive minded head coaches and his inability to hire good OC's, I'm 100% behind him being fired.

He reminds me of Navi from OoT. "Hey, listen, we're trying to win a game". "Hey Listen" all the time Laughing
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Pozzi wrote:

I don't hate da but I don't think he is good hc material. With all this new money I'd like to see a vet hc come in a straighten the squad up. Plus if we get a new qb I don't want da or Olson near him.

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Pozzi wrote:

I don't hate da but I don't think he is good hc material. With all this new money I'd like to see a vet hc come in a straighten the squad up. Plus if we get a new qb I don't want da or Olson near him.

What squad? They are almost all castoff FAs on 1 year deals. Maybe DA could coach if he had a squad to work with.

And Olson did a nice job w/ Freeman in Tampa. So don't get why you wouldn't want him around a young QB.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Bair's twitter wrote:
DA:"I don't think our quarterback of the future is in this building. ... That's an area we have to address." https://twitter.com/BairCSN/status/417773910134779905

This is a very strong statement. Suggests that he knows he can't win in 2014 with the status quo.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Scott Bair's twitter wrote:
DA:"I don't think our quarterback of the future is in this building. ... That's an area we have to address." https://twitter.com/BairCSN/status/417773910134779905

This is a very strong statement. Suggests that he knows he can't win in 2014 with the status quo.

He also said they need 2-3 playmakers on each side of the ball.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Pozzi wrote:

What squad? They are almost all castoff FAs on 1 year deals. Maybe DA could coach if he had a squad to work with.

And Olson did a nice job w/ Freeman in Tampa. So don't get why you wouldn't want him around a young QB.
freeman? The one year wonder. Excellent

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

How do you know if he's the right guy when he doesn't have talent around him?

Bill Bellichick wasn't "the right guy" in Cleveland but once he was introduced to someone named Tom Brady, he's been largely considered among the best HC's of all time.

What have you seen from him so far that leads you to believe he can be the right coach with talent around him? I can ask you the same question. Didn't he have a semi competitive team that went 8-8 the year before his first year as HC?

Again, I'm not for firing him or against. I see valid reasons for both sides & overall, I still feel pretty indifferent about him as a coach. All of this is probably a moot point now because it seems like he is keeping his job (for now).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 3 of 24

Jump to: