You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should the Raiders fire Dennis Allen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Raiders fire Dennis Allen?
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 16 ]
No
64%
 64%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 45

BuckSavage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
BuckSavage wrote:
I hope he's not brought back. We're gonna have the same results next year with a "improved" roster. Allen hasn't showed me anything that gives me confidence he a lead the Raiders past our AFC west foes. He'll continue to be out coached and conservative . We'll be here again next year.

The Raiders don't have 10% of the talent the rest of the AFC West teams have. Let's start there.

Playing conservative often comes when you don't have the talent to do much else. Hard to dial up a lot when your QBs are McGloin and Pryor. That's a tough task for any HC/OC.

Defense, same thing. Hard to do a lot when you lack talent to get after the QB and your coverage is lackluster.

The choice to kick a field goal when we're by 16 in the 4th was because of Talent? I think not. Horrible timeout management in nearly all 32 games. No kind of plan going into the second half. Losing 8 of 9 in consecutive seasons. The team has Allen is not head coaching material. He will get out coached next season by Reid , Fox and McCoy next season .

If we weren't so inconsistent with head coaches in the last decade, DA would be on a rocket to the moon.

Matter of fact, Al Davis would of fired DA at mid season
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Most definitely. He won't survive next year anyway, so let's not waste any time and get a fresh start with a new HC.

+1 Unless McKenzie thinks Allen could lead this team to playoff success for years to come, he's just wasting time. 3 seasons with an inexperienced HC who can't hire quality assistants under him is probably the worst way we could have started this rebuild. Allen hasn't implemented any foundation for future success.
BuckSavage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real question everyone should ask about a coach , can this coach lead us to the playoffs and beyond ? I think not and we're wasting our time . Everyone seems to think Allen can become a component coach with better talent is wishful thinking. As I predicted last year at this time when I thought we should realized we made mistake with Allen, raiders ended up with the same record.

Now if the raiders wanna get a chance a Jameis Winston , keep Allen. We'll get four wins or less
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
It's not fair to judge him now based on the team's current talent level (or lack thereof).

Personally, I honestly don't think he's capable of being a successful coach, he's far too conservative. However, after talking about this topic wit a few other people today i'm convinced he'll be brought back another year.

I'm good either way. He was never given a real opportunity to succeed here. No money, no players, nothing. He did well w/ what he had. He did some good, did some bad. If he's gone, cool, if he's around, cool for one more year unless we see a dramatic improvement.

I want continuity at the coaching positions. Getting rid of Allen obviously doesnt' give us that but at the same time, he's done nothing to warrant keeping his job... I dunno, tough scenario.

This is my exact feeling on the situation to.

+1

Although imvho the sentiment is that DA will get fired in 2014 anyways. I mean how could he win with two QBs he absolutely no faith in?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
It's not fair to judge him now based on the team's current talent level (or lack thereof).

Personally, I honestly don't think he's capable of being a successful coach, he's far too conservative. However, after talking about this topic wit a few other people today i'm convinced he'll be brought back another year.

I'm good either way. He was never given a real opportunity to succeed here. No money, no players, nothing. He did well w/ what he had. He did some good, did some bad. If he's gone, cool, if he's around, cool for one more year unless we see a dramatic improvement.

I want continuity at the coaching positions. Getting rid of Allen obviously doesnt' give us that but at the same time, he's done nothing to warrant keeping his job... I dunno, tough scenario.

+1

Although imvho the sentiment is that DA will get fired in 2014 anyways. I mean how could he win with two QBs he absolutely no faith in?

A few thoughts
DA biggest mistake was hiring Knapp. In two years he had 2 different offensive philosophies. How is a team supposed to develop players if every year the have a new offense?

Say what you will about Pryor but he did improve this year, how much better would he have been if he had two years under the same offense?

Why does Pryor have to hire his own QB coach to teach him how to throw the ball? That shows DA is oblivious to the needs of this players and developing them.
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

+1

A few thoughts
DA biggest mistake was hiring Knapp. In two years he had 2 different offensive philosophies. How is a team supposed to develop players if every year the have a new offense?

Say what you will about Pryor but he did improve this year, how much better would he have been if he had two years under the same offense?

Why does Pryor have to hire his own QB coach to teach him how to throw the ball? That shows DA is oblivious to the needs of this players and developing them.

Shouldn't have to teach a nfl qb how to throw a football. I'm not going to hold that against allen.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

+1

A few thoughts

Shouldn't have to teach a nfl qb how to throw a football. I'm not going to hold that against allen.

The Raiders should have a QB coach.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

+1

A few thoughts

They do. His name is John DeFilippo. Do some research before typing.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the Raiders hired a QB coach last season. They didnt have one before that. He started working with Pryor until this season after he got help on his own. He spent most of last season trying to get Palmer going in the new offense.
cdUbs14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all for keeping DA, we need continuity and not blow up everything again. I am not opposed to brining in different coordinators, Olson has not wowed me but given the lack of talent it's hard to evaluate. The one thing I that bothers me this season is not making 2nd half adjustments and giving up after the Dallas game.

We probably would have a had a few more wins if Jani doesn't miss those easy field goals. We easily would be 6-10. I think our lack of depth really hurt us. If next year is the same then yes new HC. Let's reload this offseason see what we can get. We have a ton of young players who are developing/been injured. We just need to find talent and how to utilize it. I just don't want to have a crazy free agency that the Redskins have every year it never works.

Sig by me PM for one
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

+1

A few thoughts

They do. His name is John DeFilippo. Do some research before typing.

Greg Knapp was the real QB coach a position he had with multiple teams. He was brought in for the work he did with the Texans back up QB and he was fired.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i honestly had no expectations for this season. I figured wed win about 4-5 games tops with the talent we have...We were out manned for most of the season. If we signed DA to be a lame duck for two years we should have just stayed with Hue. Keeping DA means we are sticking to the formula, which gives me hope.

I really want to see what this staff can do without their hands tied behind their backs. We have no QB, OL was a mess most of the season, at one point ALL our offensive skill position players were UDFA's, our defense had 10 new starters, our top 2 picks spent the majority of the season injured.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
BuckSavage wrote:
I hope he's not brought back. We're gonna have the same results next year with a "improved" roster. Allen hasn't showed me anything that gives me confidence he a lead the Raiders past our AFC west foes. He'll continue to be out coached and conservative . We'll be here again next year.

The Raiders don't have 10% of the talent the rest of the AFC West teams have. Let's start there.

Playing conservative often comes when you don't have the talent to do much else. Hard to dial up a lot when your QBs are McGloin and Pryor. That's a tough task for any HC/OC.

Defense, same thing. Hard to do a lot when you lack talent to get after the QB and your coverage is lackluster.

exactly...
Big Rob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for those that are saying that a coach cant improve with more talent are kdding themselves.

Look at Ron Rivera, he was on his way out of Carolina, but they added some nice pieces...Kuechely, Star, Johnson, Hardy, Davis made it through a season, now hes in the mix for Coach of the Year...

this team dont need change it needs talent...

I still dont know what we have in Allen, but i am intrigued, hes a young coach and hes taken his lumps. I want to see what he has with at least a decent roster...half of our starters wouldnt start on most teams...
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say keep him because who are you going to get? If Gruden will come then get rid of him but besides that keep him. He had to play most of the year with Pryor as his QB and we all can see that Pryor is not the answer.MCgloin has potential but he's a undrafted Rookie so he needs seasoning. I do not agree however with rotating qb's like he did, thats a bad move. Would love to see Hue brought back as OC though.

Last edited by Mr.Bob Dobalina on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 2 of 24

Jump to: