You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should the Raiders fire Dennis Allen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Raiders fire Dennis Allen?
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 16 ]
No
64%
 64%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 45

big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Fact is, everyone wanting to fire Allen is thinking this team should be competitive and blame the coach solely.

Not at all.

Explain.

The overall performance in the last month of the season is what i'm blaming the coaches for, not the end of the year record.

Mediocre starting talent, no depth. What did you expect?

Guys were getting worn down on the defensive side of the ball. The offense was stagnant all season. No shock the defense started to wear down.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
Our staff deserves at least 1 or 2 more years. People you have to realize that around $40 mil of our cap space was DEAD money. Reggie had some major major contract issues to deal with. He didnt have a 1st or 2nd round pick his 1st year. Then add in the fact that we had very little talent to work with when he got here.

Dennis Allen got 2 more wins than anyone could have predicted we would get this year. Yes, we struggled at the backend of the season, but thats about how we should have looked all year with this team. Allen will show whether or not he can coach over the next year or two. Add some talent through the draft and free agency and at least he will have something to work with.

Some of you dont know what a proper rebuild looks like because everyone is so used to starting the rebuild over every year.

This and everyone wants quick fix. So desperate for the Raiders to have a winning season if something doesn't work 1 season, they want to start from scratch.
daineraider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Our staff deserves at least 1 or 2 more years. People you have to realize that around $40 mil of our cap space was DEAD money. Reggie had some major major contract issues to deal with. He didnt have a 1st or 2nd round pick his 1st year. Then add in the fact that we had very little talent to work with when he got here.

Dennis Allen got 2 more wins than anyone could have predicted we would get this year. Yes, we struggled at the backend of the season, but thats about how we should have looked all year with this team. Allen will show whether or not he can coach over the next year or two. Add some talent through the draft and free agency and at least he will have something to work with.

Some of you dont know what a proper rebuild looks like because everyone is so used to starting the rebuild over every year.

This and everyone wants quick fix. So desperate for the Raiders to have a winning season if something doesn't work 1 season, they want to start from scratch.

Look how long it took in New England, Seattle, Cinci etc to change around their franchise. Its takes either a very stable coaching staff and solid players. Or a franchise QB that you can build around. They are a lot harder to put together than people think. I mean look at KC they have had solid ownership for a long time and have a hard time with success. They add a good coach and a smart QB and look what they do with the talent that they already had.

Give Allen some of those players and or a QB he can work with and see what he can do.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
daineraider wrote:

Look how long it took in New England, Seattle, Cinci etc to change around their franchise. Its takes either a very stable coaching staff and solid players. Or a franchise QB that you can build around. They are a lot harder to put together than people think. I mean look at KC they have had solid ownership for a long time and have a hard time with success. They add a good coach and a smart QB and look what they do with the talent that they already had.

Give Allen some of those players and or a QB he can work with and see what he can do.

do you think those players would want to play for da?

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
daineraider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
daineraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
daineraider wrote:

I think they want to play with more players that are up to their level. I dont think we have an issue with players being against our coach. I think we have a problem with a lack of talent that need to be replaced by talented players. Once that happens and he has guys that are coachable and that can play i believe they will play just fine for him. Now i am not saying the guy is a good coach, but we really havent seen enough to know either way.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
daineraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
daineraider wrote:

I think they want to play with more players that are up to their level. I dont think we have an issue with players being against our coach. I think we have a problem with a lack of talent that need to be replaced by talented players. Once that happens and he has guys that are coachable and that can play i believe they will play just fine for him. Now i am not saying the guy is a good coach, but we really havent seen enough to know either way.

if talent doesnt want to be here due to our lack of talent i guess that eliminates talented fa's. we suck in the draft. so where is this talent going to come from?

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
91jmay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the majority of the players it is all about money (only exceptions are players who have loads of loot towards end of career and chase a ring) which we have plenty of this year. Sure we may need to pay 3% more to get a free agent than a good team, but if we do they will come.
bitty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
daineraider wrote:

That's [inappropriate/removed].
Bill Parcells does it in 2 years everywhere he goes.
The Giants, Jets, Patriots, Miami.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Fact is, everyone wanting to fire Allen is thinking this team should be competitive and blame the coach solely.

Not at all.

Explain.

The overall performance in the last month of the season is what i'm blaming the coaches for, not the end of the year record.

Guys were getting worn down on the defensive side of the ball. The offense was stagnant all season. No shock the defense started to wear down.

You know, i really feel like i'm playing devil's advocate here and i probably wouldn't if you and some others weren't so adamant on putting ALL the blame on the players (and their lack of talent) for some reason.
I would venture to say the players will be replaced for the most part so it'll be easier to build some hope going forward for all of you that way. Me, i'll be expecting much of the same.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Not at all.

Explain.

You know, i really feel like i'm playing devil's advocate here and i probably wouldn't if you and some others weren't so adamant on putting ALL the blame on the players (and their lack of talent) for some reason.
I would venture to say the players will be replaced for the most part so it'll be easier to build some hope going forward for all of you that way. Me, i'll be expecting much of the same.

Well when you lack talent in certain areas, it limits you. The defense for instance, had success early with the blitzes with the lack of pass rush. As time went on teams figured it out and the defense had to stop blitzing. When can't get ANY pressure rushing 4, the secondary will get exposed. They've had success at times, but it shows its face in time.

We knew before the season it was gonna be tough for this roster to get wins. Their biggest problem was actually showing they were competitive and gave the fans some hope and expectations.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Dessie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
daineraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
daineraider wrote:

None of them with the cap problems we had and starting with a lower base level of talent on the roster.
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
daineraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
daineraider wrote:

None of them with the cap problems we had and starting with a lower base level of talent on the roster.

Oh reallyMiami's is talent base was so low they where
Running the wildcat instead of throwing the ball.
Dessie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
daineraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
daineraider wrote:

Lol Sparano was the HC and Parcells was the GM, you do know the difference don't you?

Like the Beckham story you are just making things up.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie took a risk on DA. I've seen his type before, Mike Nolan, Steve Spagnuolo... These guys comes in to rebuild and its painful to watch.

Mike Nolan got 3 years and 7 games and the fans got 18-37

Steve Spagnuolo got 3 years and the fans got 10-38

Todd Haley took on a rebuilding project too, Fired after 3 seasons.

Usually the coaches who come in for the rebuild process don't last past 3 years because the losing is just out of control. When the Raiders go 5-11 next season, everyone will want heads to roll... Everyone that is preaching patience will be singing a different song at the end of 2014.
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
daineraider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
daineraider wrote:

Lol Sparano was the HC and Parcells was the GM, you do know the difference don't you?

Like the Beckham story you are just making things up.

Whatever go back and read the post then call me a liar.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 8 of 24

Jump to: