Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wild Card GDT Chiefs @ Colts Sat 4:30 PM Lucas Oil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23902
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/419678429840044032

Quote:
Colts win probability to begin 2nd half was 3.6 percent. It dropped to 0.9 percent when Chiefs took 38-10 lead with 13:39 left in 3rd qtr.

_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23902
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/chip_bennett/status/419661421366874112

Quote:
@AlyssaPearson02 @RobLowe "The Colts simply aren't built to come back from behind" is a real thing that Mayock said tonight.

_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colton


Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Posts: 3290
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
coltsmanic808 wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:
coltsmanic808 wrote:
Peyton would demolish this defense, lets be completely honest. We got lucky tonight with Charles and Flowers getting knocked out.




I dont give a f**& who it is


Ok, as long as you acknowledge that we were fortunate two of their best players went down. If Alex Smith tore up this defense Peyton will double that and definitely won't step off the gas.


Why would I acknowledge we were "lucky".. Our defense was cracking heads on those hits.

We played the worst football we played, maybe all season, and still pulled out the win.

If Flowers and Charles were ruled out before the game I might think we were "lucky", but having put them out of the game ourselves. I dont see it.

Im not afraid of Denver or NE either, sure we can lose the games, but bottom line if we come out and play our game we can beat both of them. Already beat 1 of them anyway(at home, but none the less).

I just think its funny, you usually pop in the game day thread maybe once usually(this 1 a little more), and it is usually saying something bad/negative about the Colts.(even this one....siggh...I think we're done....holy bleep we're comin back....Chiefs choked....Peyton will destroy us, we we're luck...Peyton will double it) Rolling Eyes How about you give us some credit for staying in the game mentally and coming back..."lucky" hardly.."choke" is fair, but seriously give the Colts some credit

Pretty sure, your just a Peyton fan, not really a Colts fan now that he is gone.???

IDK, but seriously go back and look at some game day thread. You sure are negative in what usually is your only post in the thread.

Like you're rubbing things in or something

Its like you hate the Colts for letting Peyton leave or something

EDIT: and KC didnt let off the gas, they just got outplayed the final 28 minutes of the game.


Wow man. Nothing wrong with a little criticism...And Maniac has valid points. If we turn the ball over 4 times and go into a 28 pt hole against Denver, we're screwed. Will that happen? I don't think so. We just can't start like we did today.

And while our defense was flying around in the latter part of the second half, they still gave up 44 points, the most we've given up all year.

We did get quite a few good breaks today. Charles got knocked early. Flowers got knocked out. Then Davis, and even Houston got hurt late in the game. That's three of their biggest players knocked out in a single game. There's not saying we don't win with them in, but those injuries definitely affected the game.

This game was just to reminiscent of the Houston game mid-way through the season. Huge comeback, but exposed serious weaknesses in our team (defense in general, lack of running game)

With all of that said, gotta give the defense props for having some serious pride in the 2nd half. Gave up 38 points in about 31 minutes. Then stepped up and got after it. Takes a lot to keep playing your hardest when you're down that much. Cant give enough credit to Robert's huge strip-sack there in the 3rd.

And huge prop to he O-line. Being down that much, that KC Defense knew we were gonna just keep passing, and they really stifled that pass-rush most of the game. Really allowed Luck to push the ball downfield without much pressure.

I think I'd definitely feel more comfortable facing NE at this point to be honest. Overall a bad defense, though their offense has been very good since a slow start early in the season. Whoever we play, I think it's gona be an interesting game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game. Great win. I hope you guys get to knock off the Patriots next round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nobody


Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 2054
Location: Final Four and counting!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling the team with the most players and starters on IR this season lucky because of another teams injuries. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coltsmanic808


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 4269
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like I'm a realist. The first half was god awful, and rarely do you see a 31-10 comeback in regular or postseason. You can say I have no faith all you want but in all the threads I've posted in were all games you could say were terrible. Obviously we were all hoping for a comeback but from the standpoint at that time, it was pretty bleak and if you honestly thought the Colts would have still won, you're lying to yourself. So how about you relax.

Yes, in the second half the team did exceptionally well but you can also point to those key injuries that really marked a turning point in the game. It's hard to both change your gameplan in the middle of the game and expect a quality result. Yes, we've had key injuries but we've also had the benefit of weeks to adjust.

If you honestly think a team with an elite QB wouldn't have kept up and completely stepped on our throats tonight given a 38-10 lead, you're really optimistic. This was a great win, don't get me wrong but to dismiss the fact that we were also extremely lucky is folly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23902
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two moments in that game really hit me with major emotions.

The first was the exuberance when Luck recovered that fumble and dove into the endzone. I was off the couch in the air before he even crossed the goal line.

I'm not sure if the second happened during the closing minutes of the game or after the game was over. But I seen a shot of Reggie Wayne standing on the sidelines and you could tell he was tearing up with joy or pride or whatever but that sight almost made me lose it.
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColtsFan40


Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Posts: 1398
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you on the Luck fumble recovery/TD. The other, for me at least, was Mathis' strip sack. That was a major turning point in the game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eric Welker


Joined: 22 Dec 2013
Posts: 382
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Great game. Great win. I hope you guys get to knock off the Patriots next round.


Go Chargers then! If they lose, Indy plays Denver.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23902
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1911934-colts-miraculous-comeback-gets-tecmo-bowl-treatment

MUST SEE!!!!! Colts comeback gets Techmo Bowl treatment. So Awesome!!
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wayne87reggie


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 13526
Location: #Re2pect
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colton wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:
coltsmanic808 wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:
coltsmanic808 wrote:
Peyton would demolish this defense, lets be completely honest. We got lucky tonight with Charles and Flowers getting knocked out.




I dont give a f**& who it is


Ok, as long as you acknowledge that we were fortunate two of their best players went down. If Alex Smith tore up this defense Peyton will double that and definitely won't step off the gas.


Why would I acknowledge we were "lucky".. Our defense was cracking heads on those hits.

We played the worst football we played, maybe all season, and still pulled out the win.

If Flowers and Charles were ruled out before the game I might think we were "lucky", but having put them out of the game ourselves. I dont see it.

Im not afraid of Denver or NE either, sure we can lose the games, but bottom line if we come out and play our game we can beat both of them. Already beat 1 of them anyway(at home, but none the less).

I just think its funny, you usually pop in the game day thread maybe once usually(this 1 a little more), and it is usually saying something bad/negative about the Colts.(even this one....siggh...I think we're done....holy bleep we're comin back....Chiefs choked....Peyton will destroy us, we we're luck...Peyton will double it) Rolling Eyes How about you give us some credit for staying in the game mentally and coming back..."lucky" hardly.."choke" is fair, but seriously give the Colts some credit

Pretty sure, your just a Peyton fan, not really a Colts fan now that he is gone.???

IDK, but seriously go back and look at some game day thread. You sure are negative in what usually is your only post in the thread.

Like you're rubbing things in or something

Its like you hate the Colts for letting Peyton leave or something

EDIT: and KC didnt let off the gas, they just got outplayed the final 28 minutes of the game.


Wow man. Nothing wrong with a little criticism...And Maniac has valid points. If we turn the ball over 4 times and go into a 28 pt hole against Denver, we're screwed. Will that happen? I don't think so. We just can't start like we did today.

And while our defense was flying around in the latter part of the second half, they still gave up 44 points, the most we've given up all year.

We did get quite a few good breaks today. Charles got knocked early. Flowers got knocked out. Then Davis, and even Houston got hurt late in the game. That's three of their biggest players knocked out in a single game. There's not saying we don't win with them in, but those injuries definitely affected the game.

This game was just to reminiscent of the Houston game mid-way through the season. Huge comeback, but exposed serious weaknesses in our team (defense in general, lack of running game)

With all of that said, gotta give the defense props for having some serious pride in the 2nd half. Gave up 38 points in about 31 minutes. Then stepped up and got after it. Takes a lot to keep playing your hardest when you're down that much. Cant give enough credit to Robert's huge strip-sack there in the 3rd.

And huge prop to he O-line. Being down that much, that KC Defense knew we were gonna just keep passing, and they really stifled that pass-rush most of the game. Really allowed Luck to push the ball downfield without much pressure.

I think I'd definitely feel more comfortable facing NE at this point to be honest. Overall a bad defense, though their offense has been very good since a slow start early in the season. Whoever we play, I think it's gona be an interesting game.


I didnt see any valid point he made

siggh

no valid point

I think we're done

no valid point

holy bleep we're coming back

no valid point

Chiefs choked

no valid point

Peyton will destroy this Defense

no valid point

we got lucky

again no valid point

????

where is his valid points?

We already beat Peyton once. Peyton wont let off the gas? Did anyone see the NE game?

We got lucky because our defense hit people soo hard they couldnt come back in the game. Again if they were ruled out and never played the game, maybe you could say we were lucky to not have to play them..

Seriously where is one valid point?

Rolling Eyes
_________________
Reggie Wayne Tracker:(all-time)
1044rec (34 behind TO*6th) 14,000yds (4 behind Lofton*8th) 81tds (22nd)
Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wayne87reggie


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 13526
Location: #Re2pect
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
Quote:
More like I'm a realist. The first half was god awful, and rarely do you see a 31-10 comeback in regular or postseason. You can say I have no faith all you want but in all the threads I've posted in were all games you could say were terrible. Obviously we were all hoping for a comeback but from the standpoint at that time, it was pretty bleak and if you honestly thought the Colts would have still won, you're lying to yourself. So how about you relax.


You can feel how you want, realist? I wouldnt go there...I didnt like how the game was going at halftime. Really didnt like chances after 38-10. But once we scored quickly I knew there was still hope, and then cut it to 14 with 7min left in 3rd quarter, I knew we had a great chance to get back in the game...Lying to myself...STFU....and you relax you non Colts fan.

Also that proves to my point, you only post in gameday threads that are horrible games, rubbing it in on the bad performance. Where are you when we have a good game? laughable

Quote:
Yes, in the second half the team did exceptionally well but you can also point to those key injuries that really marked a turning point in the game. It's hard to both change your gameplan in the middle of the game and expect a quality result. Yes, we've had key injuries but we've also had the benefit of weeks to adjust.


Wasnt Luck that they got hurt... I dont GaF what you say.

Quote:
If you honestly think a team with an elite QB wouldn't have kept up and completely stepped on our throats tonight given a 38-10 lead, you're really optimistic. This was a great win, don't get me wrong but to dismiss the fact that we were also extremely lucky is folly.


The Chiefs didnt take their foot of the trottle they were still throwing ball around the yard like Andy Reid usually does. To the point of a better QB stepping on our throat....see the DEN vs NE game, and see if Peyton stepped on some throats there..

the only folly here is that you still call yourself a Colts fan


Fans like you are exactly what the Colts organization doesnt need.... Bitter fans because we let Peyton go...If you liked the team only for Manning, go rout for Denver then
_________________
Reggie Wayne Tracker:(all-time)
1044rec (34 behind TO*6th) 14,000yds (4 behind Lofton*8th) 81tds (22nd)
Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018


Last edited by wayne87reggie on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wayne87reggie


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 13526
Location: #Re2pect
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Givr me a warning if need be stallyns, hell even a ban

but Im not about to set here and listen to this BS from this guy.
_________________
Reggie Wayne Tracker:(all-time)
1044rec (34 behind TO*6th) 14,000yds (4 behind Lofton*8th) 81tds (22nd)
Colts Roster/Cap 2014-2018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23902
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, can we not play the I'm a bigger Colts fan game. You can question the coaches, the players and even the plays but part of not discussing the members means also not discussing who is/isn't a better fan
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23902
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
Givr me a warning if need be stallyns, hell even a ban

but Im not about to set here and listen to this BS from this guy.
but you started it
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group