Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colin Kaepernick Thread/Agrees to 6 yr 110 mil extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2014/06/real-reason-why-kaps-accuser-made-a-complaint-is-revealed/?pid=13267

rudyZ, have some fun with this one Laughing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2014/06/real-reason-why-kaps-accuser-made-a-complaint-is-revealed/?pid=13267

I don't want to have fun with her... she's trouble, man...

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Ronnie's Pinky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
NOW!!! Lol, kidding, but it would be nice to see Greg Roman unemployed.

Roman deserves a chance to show what he can do with the weapons the team now has. Up to this season, the 49ers under Roman have always had either a limited QB (Alex + quasi-rookie Kaep) or a receiving corps that was in various degrees of disarray. Roman has all the material he needs now, and deserves the chance to put them to work. If he falls on his face, I'll be right there with you calling for his head next February, but you're a season too early with this sentiment, IMO.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be better if we run more three WR sets and stop with all the pre-snap movement, but overall I like our style of play on offense. It certainly is meant for the playoffs and we have had success with it. However, the run game could be predictable at times and that needs to change. Still wish we had more speed but our success will be determined by the growth of Kap.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

two things I took from reading that report:

1. I hope Kap and Patton weren't smoking pot. Not that I have a problem with pot use, but doing it as an NFL player is dumb, because of the suspensions that can follow.

2. Kap sounds like a total hobag, but I can't blame him, because I'd do the exact same thing if I as a famous NFL player. Dude better double bag it though, unless he wants to be the next Travis Henry or Shawn Kemp.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

two things I took from reading that report:

1. I hope Kap and Patton weren't smoking pot. Not that I have a problem with pot use, but doing it as an NFL player is dumb, because of the suspensions that can follow.

2. Kap sounds like a total hobag, but I can't blame him, because I'd do the exact same thing if I as a famous NFL player. Dude better double bag it though, unless he wants to be the next Travis Henry or Shawn Kemp.

I think Kap did the right thing, there. He knew the girl was trouble and nothing good would come out of this situation, so he left. I think that shows he has somewhat of a head on his shoulders.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:

Roman deserves a chance to show what he can do with the weapons the team now has. Up to this season, the 49ers under Roman have always had either a limited QB (Alex + quasi-rookie Kaep) or a receiving corps that was in various degrees of disarray. Roman has all the material he needs now, and deserves the chance to put them to work. If he falls on his face, I'll be right there with you calling for his head next February, but you're a season too early with this sentiment, IMO.

I get what you are saying, and I do agree, but I just feel like Roman has already had his chances. 3 years and I feel like every year he got worse... I dunno, but I will give him this year. Not all of the blame can be placed on Roman, but still...

Now it's on Kaep to improve. That's really all there is to it.
Ataal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:

I get what you are saying, and I do agree, but I just feel like Roman has already had his chances. 3 years and I feel like every year he got worse... I dunno, but I will give him this year. Not all of the blame can be placed on Roman, but still...

That's pretty much how I feel about it. I understand the reasons behind a less than stellar passing offense. Few weapons, young or limited quarterback, etc... But, that's kind of looking at overall. When you drill down into specific plays or even possessions, how many times have we all felt like mixing it up a little bit couldn't be any worse than running into a stacked box repeatedly, hardly ever using 2+ WR sets, or rarely using a little West Coast offense with a few slants added here and there?

Speaking of WR sets. Does anyone else feel like maybe the biggest reason we don't spread it out as much is because that means less blockers? Our pass blocking, specifically our offensive line, has been consistently bottom half of the league. I just don't know if not having "good" WRs is really that good of an excuse to almost never spread it out. Merely having them on the field, even if they don't run their routes well, get open often, or catch everything, makes a difference. Someone has to cover them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:

That's pretty much how I feel about it. I understand the reasons behind a less than stellar passing offense. Few weapons, young or limited quarterback, etc... But, that's kind of looking at overall. When you drill down into specific plays or even possessions, how many times have we all felt like mixing it up a little bit couldn't be any worse than running into a stacked box repeatedly, hardly ever using 2+ WR sets, or rarely using a little West Coast offense with a few slants added here and there?

Speaking of WR sets. Does anyone else feel like maybe the biggest reason we don't spread it out as much is because that means less blockers? Our pass blocking, specifically our offensive line, has been consistently bottom half of the league. I just don't know if not having "good" WRs is really that good of an excuse to almost never spread it out. Merely having them on the field, even if they don't run their routes well, get open often, or catch everything, makes a difference. Someone has to cover them.

Even running the ball out of the 2/3 WR sets, I'd love to see more of that. Just some freaking creativity, like we saw in 2011.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might get our wish, but I'm not holding my breath

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000359742/article/greg-roman-49ers-to-unleash-newlook-offense-in-2014

Greg Roman: 49ers to unleash new-look offense

Quote:
"Starting with the beginning of the offseason, we as the offensive staff, after three years here, it's time to clean out the garage type of thing," Roman said. "We went through everything we've done and really stripped it back down to its most element, basic parts and start over at square one."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
We might get our wish, but I'm not holding my breath

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000359742/article/greg-roman-49ers-to-unleash-newlook-offense-in-2014

Greg Roman: 49ers to unleash new-look offense

Quote:
"Starting with the beginning of the offseason, we as the offensive staff, after three years here, it's time to clean out the garage type of thing," Roman said. "We went through everything we've done and really stripped it back down to its most element, basic parts and start over at square one."

I read this and am hopeful, but at the same time a bit doubtful. I'd love for someone to gather up a year's worth of stats for how many plays we ran last year from 1-WR, 2-WR, 3-WR and 4-WR sets, and also how many times we ran when we had 3 or 4 guys split out wide. Then let's compare that at the end of this season to see if anything really changed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86
Page 86 of 86

Jump to: