Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colin Kaepernick Thread/Agrees to 6 yr 110 mil extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
With all that's been said about how it's highly favorable to the team... how long until Kap starts feeling he's underpaid and asks for more money? Obviously not now. But if he has a great 2014 year? What if we win a superbowl? What if Cam and Luck get 25, and he's still at 18?

He's never given any inclination of holding out for a big deal at any point in his short career so far, what makes you think he'll do so right away? We wanted a deal where Kap would bet on himself, and one that was very team friendly. This is it.

He hasn't had to hold out. We gave him 18m per year before he even finished his rookie contract. But if Russell get 23-25, and suddenly Kap starts outplaying him, maybe he will start feeling underpaid. It's just a bunch of what ifs. I just don't want him to want to renegotiate in year 3 of his deal, that's all.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
xXFlyteXx wrote:
I just don't get how our FO seems to get these deals done. 90% of the time and i might be low balling this but players get every red cent they can and agent do their best to hold a team hostage. Paraag has to have some kind of Jedi Mind trick working in these negotiations.

With this out of the way Paraag it is time to work your magic some more and get another players extension done.

Maybe the trick is drafting a contract that they (Baalrathe) know the player can live up to, and they manage to convince the player of it, and the player ends up playing through his entire contract, whereas most other teams, players never seem to see the end of their contracts. We either sign players after they've finished their contract, or when we extend someone still under contract, it's usually someone on the tail end of his rookie contract (like Bruce and Kilgore). So, when Trent says "We want you for X years and Y dollars, and we expect you to get all of it", as opposed to signing a guy for X years, and releasing him 2 years later, and several million short, it has to be a little more enticing. That's my theory as to why players tend to sign team-friendly deals with us.

Yeah i get that and you are probably closer to right than wrong. It is still amazing that they get this kind of response from the players. It's just great to see people meeting in the middle for once this deal isn't one sided at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXFlyteXx wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
xXFlyteXx wrote:
I just don't get how our FO seems to get these deals done. 90% of the time and i might be low balling this but players get every red cent they can and agent do their best to hold a team hostage. Paraag has to have some kind of Jedi Mind trick working in these negotiations.

With this out of the way Paraag it is time to work your magic some more and get another players extension done.

Maybe the trick is drafting a contract that they (Baalrathe) know the player can live up to, and they manage to convince the player of it, and the player ends up playing through his entire contract, whereas most other teams, players never seem to see the end of their contracts. We either sign players after they've finished their contract, or when we extend someone still under contract, it's usually someone on the tail end of his rookie contract (like Bruce and Kilgore). So, when Trent says "We want you for X years and Y dollars, and we expect you to get all of it", as opposed to signing a guy for X years, and releasing him 2 years later, and several million short, it has to be a little more enticing. That's my theory as to why players tend to sign team-friendly deals with us.

Yeah i get that and you are probably closer to right than wrong. It is still amazing that they get this kind of response from the players. It's just great to see people meeting in the middle for once this deal isn't one sided at all.

I think that the way Baalke handled the situations of other free agents weighs in the balance now. He had a price tag for Goldson and Whitner, who both wanted more, and we simply let them go. I don't expect both those guys to perform better or have a shot at a championship with their new teams, or even to simply make it to the end of their contracts. I think playing on a winning team, with coach Harbaugh, is motivation enough to sign these deals.

Back to Kaepernick specifically... I keep seeing these articles about how dumb he must be, and how bad his agent must be, for him to have signed that contract. I, for one, am proud to see a professional athlete sign a team-friendly deal, showing he is a team player first and foremost, and that he holds himself accountable. He's not simply cashing a cheque and sitting on his butt. He knows he has to work hard and become a better football player in order to get all that money. He might as well, get just 30 of these 126 million and be out of a job (something I personally wouldn't mind at all). He's actually putting his money where his mouth is. From a financial advisor standpoint, sure, it was a poor decision. But I'll give Kap the benefit of the doubt, and I'll say there is probably just as much heart as there is head in this decision, and I like that.

oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:

Back to Kaepernick specifically... I keep seeing these articles about how dumb he must be, and how bad his agent must be, for him to have signed that contract. I, for one, am proud to see a professional athlete sign a team-friendly deal, showing he is a team player first and foremost, and that he holds himself accountable. He's not simply cashing a cheque and sitting on his butt. He knows he has to work hard and become a better football player in order to get all that money. He might as well, get just 30 of these 126 million and be out of a job (something I personally wouldn't mind at all). He's actually putting his money where his mouth is. From a financial advisor standpoint, sure, it was a poor decision. But I'll give Kap the benefit of the doubt, and I'll say there is probably just as much heart as there is head in this decision, and I like that.

THIS!

Really liking Kaep all the more lately. Now, just show us you can improve on some weaker areas and bring us ring 6 soon! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he has a small agent so she make some huge money!
I was also wondering with all this if he would be upset about the contract and maybe her.

But someboy tweeted everything was clear and explained to kap and he was for it.
And the reason for the low bs is the main thing that went towards him wanting to be able to negotiate with our other guys. That low bs allows us to potential move money towards a bs later on and move money.

new sig... sorry alex
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kap related, for all you madden guys.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11036778/madden-15-feature-san-francisco-49ers-qb-colin-kaepernick-tattoos

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
With all that's been said about how it's highly favorable to the team... how long until Kap starts feeling he's underpaid and asks for more money? Obviously not now. But if he has a great 2014 year? What if we win a superbowl? What if Cam and Luck get 25, and he's still at 18?

He's never given any inclination of holding out for a big deal at any point in his short career so far, what makes you think he'll do so right away? We wanted a deal where Kap would bet on himself, and one that was very team friendly. This is it.

He hasn't had to hold out. We gave him 18m per year before he even finished his rookie contract. But if Russell get 23-25, and suddenly Kap starts outplaying him, maybe he will start feeling underpaid. It's just a bunch of what ifs. I just don't want him to want to renegotiate in year 3 of his deal, that's all.

I understand what you're saying. However, judging from the type of deal Kap took, and everything he's show so far, Kap has proven that he is a team first guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
Kap related, for all you madden guys.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11036778/madden-15-feature-san-francisco-49ers-qb-colin-kaepernick-tattoos

Is it weird that what I noticed first was Joe Staley's nose?

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help but laugh when I read some of the comments posted across internet.

Kap wants $18-$20 million: "What a greedy bastard!"

Kap takes a very team friendly deal: "Haha, Kap's an idiot!"

Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Can't help but laugh when I read some of the comments posted across internet.

Kap wants $18-$20 million: "What a greedy bastard!"

Kap takes a very team friendly deal: "Haha, Kap's an idiot!"

Laughing

I was gonna post something like this last nite when I saw the details for the deal. Just confirms fans don't like when players get paid.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Kap RT this:

Quote:
Retweeted by Colin Kaepernick
King T™ ‏@Tee_Arline 6m
Everybody talking bout @Kaepernick7 deal but no one talking bout how he took less money so the niners could keep Crabtree

Still will be hard to retain Crabtree.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
So Kap RT this:

Quote:
King T™ ‏@Tee_Arline 6m
Everybody talking bout @Kaepernick7 deal but no one talking bout how he took less money so the niners could keep Crabtree

He didn't take less nesessarily though. Matt just posted details and comparisons. He's the fifth higest paid qb.
He took less guaranteed and a team friendly deal which let's us cut him loose. But salary by year he's getting paid above where he's at now, he's not a top 5 qb currently.

And him being fifth is with the de-escalators. So if he plays well, or as a team we play like we have (Super Bowl or game away yearly) then he is the second highest paid.

new sig... sorry alex
AMG1713

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
So Kap RT this:

Quote:
King T™ ‏@Tee_Arline 6m

I wonder how much money Crab is really gonna ask for. Sure, there has been speculation, but that's all it seems to be at this point. If we do get something done, we probably need to get it done before this season, so we can give him a high cap number this year, and keep a relatively low one next year.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
So Kap RT this:

Quote:
King T™ ‏@Tee_Arline 6m

He didn't take less nesessarily though. Matt just posted details and comparisons. He's the fifth higest paid qb.
He took less guaranteed and a team friendly deal which let's us cut him loose. But salary by year he's getting paid above where he's at now, he's not a top 5 qb currently.

And him being fifth is with the de-escalators. So if he plays well, or as a team we play like we have (Super Bowl or game away yearly) then he is the second highest paid.

But his deal will allow for easy cap space creation at any year of the deal, though. With his ridiculously low signing bonus and high base salaries, it wouldn't be hard to re-structure his deal to free up some space at any one year in order to fit Crabtree's cap hit, if we do manage to re-sign him. Yes, Kap is getting a lot of money, but the structure of his deal itself makes re-signing other players much easier than many other QBs' deals. Cutler's deal, for example, doesn't really make for easy re-structuring. Kap's does.

49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that 100%

But he didn't take less. He structured it in order to create room easily, yes. But he didn't take less so that we could resign crabs

new sig... sorry alex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 84 of 86

Jump to: