Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens Team Needs. LT, RT, C, FS, DL
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravens-01

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Ravens Team Needs. LT, RT, C, FS, DL Reply with quote

Obviously the crushing loss to the Bengals stings but big picture, the Ravens have gone to the playoffs six consecutive seasons and won a Super Bowl Championship. Although unexpected we are due to have a rebuilding season. With very limited cap space and a draft pick between 14-16, the Ravens have to be creative to fill major needs.

1.) OT- Both are free agents and even if Monroe is signed, Rick Wagner isn't ready. Major need.

2.) C- No need to explain. Would the Ravens consider going OT and Center in the first two rounds? I would.

3.) FS- Ihedigbo is a free agent and Elam is a SS. The big question is would Ozzie pass on the top rated FS, Clinton-Dix from Alabama in the first round, if available for an OT?

4.) DL- Jones a free agent and the pass rush disappeared down the stretch. Hopefully Lewis-Moore has potential but a DT with pass rushing skills is needed. What happen to Pernell McPhee?????

Will be a very interesting off-season.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ihedigbo has played himself into a decent payday, with a team that needs Safety help. He's been solid all season, which is more than some teams can say they've had. He won't be back.

Elam needs to be playing SS. We've all seen how good he is around the LOS, and the Ravens need a more natural FS to play deep. Someone who matches up better with the WRs and TEs that he'll have to face.

But I wouldn't go Clinton-Dix in the draft, because I think there are some good Safety prospects lower down, who could come in and start.

Regarding the O-line, I wouldn't be against going OT in the 1st and C in the 2nd, if the players were on the board. Getting that line fixed has to be one of the top priorities for Ozzie and Harbs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. C/OG
2. WR

NextBigThing wrote:
I am a Patriots fan, I know all about excellence.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the smartest scenario is to go OT in the first and potentially trade up if it means attaining an elite OT prospect... and then take a WR in the second. Make no mistake about it, WR is a need. Marlon Brown is a role player, but he's not the real deal. He's a Kelley Washington type that has great chemistry with Flacco, but not someone we should rely on to be a #2 receiver. Torrey is that guy and with a better WR opposite him would receive less intensive coverage looks and thus open him up. He's still easily our best weapon ATM.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good thing for the Ravens this year is that this is such a strong QB class. Perhaps as many as five teams picking ahead of the Ravens will take a QB, surely leaving at least one elite OT prospect on the board.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running Back
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
Running Back
...is literally the last position we should be looking to draft.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
Running Back

In the first round? If so, you're insane.

Or are you just listing it as a need? If so, I'm inclined to agree. We could use another talented back to challenge our current stable. But probably nothing more than a day 3 need.

Personally I hope Rice drops 10-15 lbs, which he said he will look into doing... And that should really help him get some of his burst back to his game, if not most of it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Pitta gives the Ravens a hometown discount. If not, TE becomes a need. Dickson is a free agent
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think TEs on Pitta's level get THAT much money. ALso, we can tag him for relatively cheap.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens-01 wrote:
I hope Pitta gives the Ravens a hometown discount. If not, TE becomes a need. Dickson is a free agent

He will. His Bromance with Flacco is worth more than money to him. Pitta is the only player I know for sure we won't need to worry about re-signing.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-A) OT
1-B) WR MEGATRON LIKE/MOSS/EVEN ELDEMAN EQUSE MY GOD!

I don't are after that. Fix my offense immediately

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
Ravens-01

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree a big fast wide receiver is needed but I don't believe the Ravens will spend a high pick on one unless Sammy Watkins slips. That would be pure value. Other than that, too many other needs to draft a WR in the first 3 rounds. Hopefully Aaron Mellette shows something to add to Smith, Jones and Brown. What happen to Deonte Thompson? The coaches raved about him.
Integrity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think receiver is as big a need as offensive line. If Joe had Megatron and AJ Green to throw to it wouldn't have mattered behind the oline we fielded this year. That has to be addressed both in the draft and free agency since we're going to need 2 possibly 3 new starters there.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
I don't think receiver is as big a need as offensive line. If Joe had Megatron and AJ Green to throw to it wouldn't have mattered behind the oline we fielded this year. That has to be addressed both in the draft and free agency since we're going to need 2 possibly 3 new starters there.

I disagree. Just look at the Lions and Pats game. Even when he had Tom Brady seconds behind the line, people weren't open. We fail at doing Young screens and quick pitch plays with WR's. You give Flacco a Megatron, A.J Green or Julio and we're a vastly different team. Just like how we'd be 0-16 without Flacco.

lol @ Tyrod Taylor start Fan club members

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: