Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

And with the #3 Pick, the Jaguars select....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Buzz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Vino wrote:
Minnesota isn't going to take Teddy because he has a bad body for the NFC North, especially since they're moving to an outdoor stadium. Same reason I don't think Cleveland will take him. I'd see Arizona liking Carr or Bortles more if they're still there. Maybe even Mettenberger.

What the hell does that mean? Confused

Honestly, I'd just ignore it tbh. At this point, all this stuff being posted about Bridgewater is beyond laughable.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
VLoo wrote:
Ideally we package our 2nd plus some of our other mid rounders to move up to 32 and grab Teddy if that's how we're leaning. Gives us the option of a 5th year.
At this point, this is what I want.

Yea, I wont be pissed if we pass on him at 3, but i will be pissed to hear his name go off the board to anyone but us

Yeah. If we manage to wait and still get him, it's great. But i still just don't see how every team in the 1st round would pass on the guy. Some teams even twice. Shocked

And if we pass on him and he goes a few picks later to Tennessee or something i will be deeply unhappy.

Still though, this whole narrative has gained so much steam i'm starting to really believe it's a possibility somehow. I can't rationally understand why...it's not like when Geno Smith "fell" last year. Geno was a guy who "rose" with a few mindblowingly productive games...then fell back to where he came from as the process went on. It seemed Teddy was far more highly regarded going into this whole ordeal...to fall like that that is really unusual. It just doesn't seem reasonable. And yet with all of this momentum behind it...maybe it's really happening and we're being given a gift by the football karma gods for not tanking the last part of the season? Confused

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Vino wrote:
Minnesota isn't going to take Teddy because he has a bad body for the NFC North, especially since they're moving to an outdoor stadium. Same reason I don't think Cleveland will take him. I'd see Arizona liking Carr or Bortles more if they're still there. Maybe even Mettenberger.

It means that Tom Brady doesn't have the body to play in those New England snow/windstorms.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Vino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Vino wrote:

Small hands, average arm at best, and they'd be nervous whether his small frame could hold up against Donkey Kong Suh and Jared Allen. Not my mentality, but it's the way these teams think. It's clear and is out there. That's why you keep hearing all these things about Teddy being a second round pick or late first round. It's not just boogieman talk. Honestly I think it's more weird that all these guys on FF sort of refuse to acknowledge these things.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the end teams just do not value the things on here people use as reasoning for Teddy being a top 10 pick as much. Things like knowing protections and being effective before the snap and all that and having good mechanics, they feel they can teach the QB their system and fix any mechanical defects they have themselves. I'm sure that every NFC North team has Derek Carr, Bortles, and maybe even Mettenberger and Garoppolo higher on their draft board than Teddy. I think most teams in the league have Manziel rated higher than Teddy as well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Vino wrote:

Small hands, average arm at best, and they'd be nervous whether his small frame could hold up against Donkey Kong Suh and Jared Allen. Not my mentality, but it's the way these teams think. It's clear and is out there. That's why you keep hearing all these things about Teddy being a second round pick or late first round. It's not just boogieman talk. Honestly I think it's more weird that all these guys on FF sort of refuse to acknowledge these things.
Doesn't Aaron Rodgers play in the NFC North?! He has a fairly similar body to Teddy last I checked.
Vino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
Vino wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Vino wrote:

Doesn't Aaron Rodgers play in the NFC North?! He has a fairly similar body to Teddy last I checked.
Pretty sure Rodgers has bigger hands than Teddy and had time to bulk up before playing. He also had a stronger arm when he started playing in his 3rd year than Teddy has right now. Not to mention the Packers completely reworked his mechanics in those 3 years. Rodgers isn't an apt comparison unless Teddy is going to sit for 3 years.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
Vino wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Vino wrote:

Pretty sure Rodgers has bigger hands than Teddy and had time to bulk up before playing. He also had a stronger arm when he started playing in his 3rd year than Teddy has right now. Not to mention the Packers completely reworked his mechanics in those 3 years. Rodgers isn't an apt comparison unless Teddy is going to sit for 3 years.
Was I comparing them or just pointing out their bodies are pretty much the same. As for hand size, as far as I can tell it is 6'2 223 and 9 3/8 hands on Aaron and 6'2 214 with 9 2/8 hands for Teddy. Are we really going to split hairs over 9 lbs and 1/8 of an inch, especially when the gloves Teddy wears should help lessen the issues of what are being dubbed 'small hands'
Vino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we're not, but teams do. And saying they have the same body isn't really fair. Again, Rodgers had time to get a lot bigger before playing. Again, unless Teddy is going to sit, it's not a fair comparison. Rodgers probably couldn't have played for the Packers straight out of Cal. Teddy would be expected to if the Vikings selected him at 8. Carr or even Manziel has a better chance of being selected by them at 8 because they have stronger arms. I think Bortles is probably their highest rated QB.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friendly reminder: Tom Brady weighed in at the combine 3 pounds lighter than Teddy, while being two inches taller. He won a Super Bowl in year two, and that run included a game in one of the worst snowstorms in NFL playoff history. He also plays at only 225 pounds, roughly Teddy's playing weight prior to his surgery. He's arguably the best QB of this generation, is the most prolific postseason QB of all time, and has carved out his career in one of the most windy and snowy stadiums in the NFL.

Basically, the argument against drafting Teddy based on size if you're Minnesota is "maybe he will have issues late in his rookie year before he bulks up fully to the same size as Brady" and "he's going to have to wear gloves, like he has for the last several years." Yeah... Not buying it as a valid reason.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
WorldChampsHawk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, what are the Jaguars needs in the 1st round?
Example The 49ers #30 overall needs is WR/CB. will be shocked if it isnt.

any details would help like raning of needs. trying to make myself a draft guide
Vino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Friendly reminder: Tom Brady weighed in at the combine 3 pounds lighter than Teddy, while being two inches taller. He won a Super Bowl in year two, and that run included a game in one of the worst snowstorms in NFL playoff history. He also plays at only 225 pounds, roughly Teddy's playing weight prior to his surgery. He's arguably the best QB of this generation, is the most prolific postseason QB of all time, and has carved out his career in one of the most windy and snowy stadiums in the NFL.

Basically, the argument against drafting Teddy based on size if you're Minnesota is "maybe he will have issues late in his rookie year before he bulks up fully to the same size as Brady" and "he's going to have to wear gloves, like he has for the last several years." Yeah... Not buying it as a valid reason.
You may look at it that way, but you know that teams don't. It's easy to go to Brady, but he's also the only example. For that one Brady, there are over a hundred other QBs who ended up not making it with the same measurables. Brady is one of a kind. Basically hoping for a miracle isn't going to move these front offices.

WorldChampsHawk wrote:
Hello, what are the Jaguars needs in the 1st round?
Example The 49ers #30 overall needs is WR/CB. will be shocked if it isnt.

any details would help like raning of needs. trying to make myself a draft guide
We need help everywhere, whoever the best player on the board is when we pick is who we're taking. But specifically, we need a SAM, WR, QB, and DE.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
You may look at it that way, but you know that teams don't. It's easy to go to Brady, but he's also the only example. For that one Brady, there are over a hundred other QBs who ended up not making it with the same measurables. Brady is one of a kind. Basically hoping for a miracle isn't going to move these front offices.

There are others like Rodgers, Brees, Matt Ryan, Alex Smith, Eli Manning and some other those were 5th year seniors so 23 at the draft.

Bridgewater is 21, he is naturally going to get bigger.
Vino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomCampBody wrote:
Vino wrote:

There are others like Rodgers, Brees, Matt Ryan, Alex Smith, Eli Manning and some other those were 5th year seniors so 23 at the draft.

Huh? Alex Smith, Eli, and Ryan all had stronger arms than Bridgewater coming out...and were bigger too. Plus none of them play in the NFC North in the first place making it a moot point. And Brees went in the second round so that's just more indication that teams will pass on QBs they don't thin fit the physical mold of what they need.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
RandomCampBody wrote:
Vino wrote:

Huh? Alex Smith, Eli, and Ryan all had stronger arms than Bridgewater coming out...and were bigger too. Plus none of them play in the NFC North in the first place making it a moot point. And Brees went in the second round so that's just more indication that teams will pass on QBs they don't thin fit the physical mold of what they need.

Eli sure, i dunno about Ryan or Smith.

Eli at the combine was 221 pounds at nearly 6 foot 5, Smith and Ryan were around 217 pounds at 6 foot 4. bridgewater was 214 pounds at 6 foot 2. If you go back and watch bridgewater during is sophomore year you can see he was bigger than he was as a junior due to his jaw surgery.

And i am saying teams are wrong for dropping QB's because of size not where they end up in the draft.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 77 of 100

Jump to: