Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

And with the #3 Pick, the Jaguars select....
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: And with the #3 Pick, the Jaguars select.... Reply with quote

Or trade it to go to.....

I think we can keep most discussion about the top pick to this thread now.

Topics about specific players, player comparisons and all are still very much encouraged. Just please do a bit more than " I like ____" before hitting the submit button. Sell us on the player that you want, or give us a place to start for a player comparison if that's what you're going with.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
AngryPirate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnny football

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now, Anthony Barr.

He fits this scheme very well, he can play some OLB because he is not a liability in coverage. He's basically a blank canvas like some have already said. He needs some work, sure, but his ceiling is sky high. If we don't go for a guy like Carr/Bortles/Manziel (whoever else is up there at that time), than Barr is just fine with me. If Clowney is also there, it will be a tough decision. Regardless, Barr is quite the talent.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I have no idea. But I would bet my life and that of everyone I know, that it won't be Manziel.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right this second, my top 5 choices would be:

1. Teddy Bridgewater
2. Jadeveon Clowney
3. Khalil Mack
4. Blake Bortles
5. Anthony Barr

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
johnny football

great way to start the thread

I hate the Jaguars
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Right this second, my top 5 choices would be:

1. Teddy Bridgewater
2. Jadeveon Clowney
3. Khalil Mack
4. Blake Bortles
5. Anthony Barr

Pretty much.

Though, and I think I'm the first to throw this out there, I think a sleeper pick for us is Darqueze Dennard.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
IAJags

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is no way we go secondary that high in the draft after focusing on it so much in last year's draft. I can see us picking up a CB in FA though.
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:

He fits this scheme very well, he can play some OLB because he is not a liability in coverage. He's basically a blank canvas like some have already said. He needs some work, sure, but his ceiling is sky high. If we don't go for a guy like Carr/Bortles/Manziel (whoever else is up there at that time), than Barr is just fine with me. If Clowney is also there, it will be a tough decision. Regardless, Barr is quite the talent.

Stole my post. I'd like to think Jake Matthews would be an option, but passing on a stud pass rusher for a right tackle would be tough. But Dave did it last year, so it is a possibility.

It's really a shame Mariota was convinced to risk his Pro career. Could have been a great opportunity to get a franchise quarterback.

If Hundley declares, i could see him being in the conversation come spring.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAJags wrote:
I think there is no way we go secondary that high in the draft after focusing on it so much in last year's draft. I can see us picking up a CB in FA though.

Talent.

.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:

Stole my post. I'd like to think Jake Matthews would be an option, but passing on a stud pass rusher for a right tackle would be tough. But Dave did it last year, so it is a possibility.

It's really a shame Mariota was convinced to risk his Pro career. Could have been a great opportunity to get a franchise quarterback.

If Hundley declares, i could see him being in the conversation come spring.

Mariota could go back on it, but I doubt it.

With Jags locked into 3rd overall and at an obvious need for a QB, I would hope that would push Hundley/Bortles to enter. There is so many QB needy teams in this draft.

I can't imagine in any scenario we take Matthews. Last year, I could understand it because we didn't know Monroe's future and Joeckel was obvious BPA. This year, there are some premier pass rushers at the top, I expect Barr to go off at the combine as well. If we don't go QB in the 1st, it's Barr/Mack/Clowney imo.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
IAJags wrote:

Talent.

This.

I don't see it, but there's no doubting how talented Dennard is, and I think he'd fit in here pretty well. We'll have to see what happens from now til Draft time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
IAJags wrote:

Talent.

Are we trading back far then? Because he won't grade out anywhere near the top 3. Top 15 probably and top 10 POSSIBLY.

We just took Cyprien, Evans, Gratz, McCray. Dennard wouldn't be a need (Meaning top need) or BAP pick.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAJags wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
IAJags wrote:

Talent.

Are we trading back far then? Because he won't grade out anywhere near the top 3. Top 15 probably and top 10 POSSIBLY.

We just took Cyprien, Evans, Gratz, McCray. Dennard wouldn't be a need (Meaning top need) or BAP pick.

What if Dave & Company rate him as a top 3 talent in this draft and as a game-changing player?

.Buzz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
IAJags wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
IAJags wrote:

Talent.

What if Dave & Company rate him as a top 3 talent in this draft and as a game-changing player?

He's not a top talent on his board...so that means he isn't on anyones board...come on.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: