You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

And with the #3 Pick, the Jaguars select....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69131
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Not to stick my nose where it doesn't belong but I don't understand the argument that Houston selecting Teddy Bridgewater somehow makes them a rebuilding team. It doesn't. Truth be told, he's probably one of the better options available to them in terms of allowing that franchise to contend in 2013.

At any rate, for the Jags, Clowney would make a world of difference defensively should he get to 3 which he should as St. Louis is loaded at end and has a world of other problems. If ole Gus can get inside Clowney and motivate, with his talent, he could change everything for your franchise defensively and that's a game changer in terms of your ability to put wins on the board, it really is.


You're back? Good to see. Myself and another Cardinal fan were talking about how disappointed we were that you left not too long ago.

FWIW, I think if the Rams don't take Clowney...it'll be because they traded the pick to a team that covets him. I think Clowney goes #2. Just my opinion, though. I would love to see STL trade back with Atlanta and grab Jake Matthews(even though Robinson is growing on me big time).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 22895
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't handle 4+ months of talking about us missing out on Bridgewater and Clowney.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47615
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Not to stick my nose where it doesn't belong but I don't understand the argument that Houston selecting Teddy Bridgewater somehow makes them a rebuilding team. It doesn't. Truth be told, he's probably one of the better options available to them in terms of allowing that franchise to contend in 2013.

At any rate, for the Jags, Clowney would make a world of difference defensively should he get to 3 which he should as St. Louis is loaded at end and has a world of other problems. If ole Gus can get inside Clowney and motivate, with his talent, he could change everything for your franchise defensively and that's a game changer in terms of your ability to put wins on the board, it really is.


You're back? Good to see. Myself and another Cardinal fan were talking about how disappointed we were that you left not too long ago.

FWIW, I think if the Rams don't take Clowney...it'll be because they traded the pick to a team that covets him. I think Clowney goes #2. Just my opinion, though. I would love to see STL trade back with Atlanta and grab Jake Matthews(even though Robinson is growing on me big time).

I can't see Atlanta trading up in the first round against this year. Their team has really struggled from a lack of depth and it showed.

I think Tampa Bay might be a team willing to move up for Clowney. A top tier pass rusher could help elevate their defense to one of the best in the NFL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IAJags


Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Posts: 512
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I can't handle 4+ months of talking about us missing out on Bridgewater and Clowney.


Just wait until the Titans get Winston. The "winning culture" line will be the next "In Gene we Trust".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47615
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I can't handle 4+ months of talking about us missing out on Bridgewater and Clowney.

I remember before the year I mocked the Jaguars to the third overall pick. Everyone yelled at me for it.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 22895
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I'm getting from that is that you should go away forever now.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47615
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAJags wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I can't handle 4+ months of talking about us missing out on Bridgewater and Clowney.


Just wait until the Titans get Winston. The "winning culture" line will be the next "In Gene we Trust".

Luck, Bridgewater, and Winston in one division. That would be beyond insane.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 5206
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
IAJags wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I can't handle 4+ months of talking about us missing out on Bridgewater and Clowney.


Just wait until the Titans get Winston. The "winning culture" line will be the next "In Gene we Trust".

Luck, Bridgewater, and Winston in one division. That would be beyond insane.


And McCarron.

Wink




Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47615
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
green24 wrote:
IAJags wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I can't handle 4+ months of talking about us missing out on Bridgewater and Clowney.


Just wait until the Titans get Winston. The "winning culture" line will be the next "In Gene we Trust".

Luck, Bridgewater, and Winston in one division. That would be beyond insane.


And McCarron.

Wink




Crying or Very sad

I think taking McCarron would be a mistake for the Jaguars. I just don't see anything about him, tangibles or intangibles (outside of team success in college that really should not be attributed much to him), that makes him more than a third day flyer. I don't see a potential starter, or at least not a starter that can become top 20.

I think the Jags, if they can't find a way to land Bridgewater or Clowney, should target Blake Bortles. There are some good second round QBs in this draft (like Brett Smith and Jimmy Garoppolo), but they likely need to sit for a year or two, which is a luxury that I don't believe the Jags can afford. They need a QB that is ready to start right away and I believe Bridgewater, Bortles, and Derek Carr are the only QBs that are ready to do that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 5206
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
green24 wrote:
IAJags wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I can't handle 4+ months of talking about us missing out on Bridgewater and Clowney.


Just wait until the Titans get Winston. The "winning culture" line will be the next "In Gene we Trust".

Luck, Bridgewater, and Winston in one division. That would be beyond insane.


And McCarron.

Wink




Crying or Very sad

I think taking McCarron would be a mistake for the Jaguars. I just don't see anything about him, tangibles or intangibles (outside of team success in college that really should not be attributed much to him), that makes him more than a third day flyer. I don't see a potential starter, or at least not a starter that can become top 20.

I think the Jags, if they can't find a way to land Bridgewater or Clowney, should target Blake Bortles. There are some good second round QBs in this draft (like Brett Smith and Jimmy Garoppolo), but they likely need to sit for a year or two, which is a luxury that I don't believe the Jags can afford. They need a QB that is ready to start right away and I believe Bridgewater, Bortles, and Derek Carr are the only QBs that are ready to do that.


I really don't think McCarron is the solution either. It's just been tossed around here, and it seems even more ludicrous in light of the loaded division scenario there.

You could potentially substitute Henne's name for added laughs. Laughing

And i like Bortles, but i just have a very very difficult time trying to reconcile the idea of him as a #3 pick. Maybe Caldwell and Co. are more sold on him. But to me, he's a late 1st/early 2nd type flyer unless he does something really spectacular and surprising over the summer.

Carr...he could be fine...maybe. But i don't really want anything to do with him for this team, at this point in its development. I can't imagine we'd do anything other than break him permanently. Just not the right fit...especially at #3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.Buzz


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 3760
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everyone think that Tennessee is going to be so brutal next year? lol. I don't understand it. They haven't been in the top 5 since VY which was like what, 7-8 years ago? (really have no idea and don't care to look it up).

There is nothing pointing to them being awful. You're going to have to pick #1 next year if you want Winston, I see no reason as to why they'll be picking that high if they roll with Locker/Fitzpatrick again.
_________________

El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.Buzz


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 3760
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAJags wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I can't handle 4+ months of talking about us missing out on Bridgewater and Clowney.


Just wait until the Titans get Winston. The "winning culture" line will be the next "In Gene we Trust".


A lot of of our young players improved since the bye, which is what we want to see. Because of players improving, you JUST might be able to start winning some games. If we kept doing what we were doing in the 1st half, a lot of guys that look like core pieces now would not be nearly as enticing. I went over this with Tugboat already. Would I rather have #1 or #2 now that the seasons over? Obviously, but when you have a good coach that players play hard for, and some players start to up there play, your going to have a chance, especially against other teams that are near your talent level. I really don't how it's that hard to understand and why fans keep dwelling on it, it's seriously getting to be annoying how much it's said on here.
_________________

El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 55189
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Not to stick my nose where it doesn't belong but I don't understand the argument that Houston selecting Teddy Bridgewater somehow makes them a rebuilding team. It doesn't. Truth be told, he's probably one of the better options available to them in terms of allowing that franchise to contend in 2013.

At any rate, for the Jags, Clowney would make a world of difference defensively should he get to 3 which he should as St. Louis is loaded at end and has a world of other problems. If ole Gus can get inside Clowney and motivate, with his talent, he could change everything for your franchise defensively and that's a game changer in terms of your ability to put wins on the board, it really is.


You're back? Good to see. Myself and another Cardinal fan were talking about how disappointed we were that you left not too long ago.

FWIW, I think if the Rams don't take Clowney...it'll be because they traded the pick to a team that covets him. I think Clowney goes #2. Just my opinion, though. I would love to see STL trade back with Atlanta and grab Jake Matthews(even though Robinson is growing on me big time).


Thanks jrry, don't want to hijack this thread but I might shoot you a PM to get your opinion on a few prospects I need better info on, if you have the time.

Rams take Clowney huh. I guess I just don't understand. He's obviously as talented as they get for the end position but with Long and Quinn both incredibly talented and productive and under contract for the next few seasons I just don't understand it. Add to that, you guys have a LOT of needs in other areas. I guess you have the luxury of taking someone like Clowney beings your many draft picks and other 1st round selection but it still seems a little out there to me.

For posts a bit back, I am not a Texans fan and have no horse in the Teddy Bridgewater rat race. I'm simply calling the QB availability like I see it and I'm doing so based on fact, not guess work and heresay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.Buzz


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 3760
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran 13m

Henne says "without a doubt," he thinks #Jaguars bring in QB early in draft or free agency.


Well at least he knows he's a solid backup that can start if injury occurs. Thought this would be right thread to put it in with it being draft thread...idk.
_________________

El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
.Buzz


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 3760
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 11m

Jimmy Haslam signing the praises of 2014 @NFL Draft. Had a GM tell me last night it reminds him of the 2011 draft when it comes to QBs. Ouch

_________________

El Ramster on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group