You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

And with the #3 Pick, the Jaguars select....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Right this second, my top 5 choices would be:

1. Teddy Bridgewater
2. Jadeveon Clowney
3. Khalil Mack
4. Blake Bortles
5. Anthony Barr

teddy
clowney
mack
trade
lights self on fire

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not even a big fan of Barr, but it's an option. There's a whole lot of Andre Branch in him. At the NFL level, much like with Branch, we're going to have to scheme his pressures. There's not necessarily anything wrong with that if you're going to use a lot of different looks and do it often, but at some point, you have to be able to just line up and beat the man in front of you. And I think Mack will be far ahead with that than Barr will be. And I'm not sure we need another Andre Branch.

I think we're the perfect fit for Barr because we'll best be suited for scheming his pressures, but I don't think Barr is the perfect fit for us.

Live like you're down 3-1
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now, i'd probably go with something like:

1.Teddy.
2.Clowney.
3.Crying.
4.Trade Back.
5.Tebow.

It just really seems like there's a distinct 'top-2' and we're at #3. Because Jaguars. Crying or Very sad Hopefully the Rams go OT on positional need and we at least get one of the 'top-2'.

I'm kind of torn on Barr. There's a lot to like, but he is also very very raw and i can see a bit of what iPwn is talking about re:some similarities to Branch.

I really like Mack as a player, but i'm just not entirely sold on 'getting the most' out of him with out scheme. Maybe not really a pure pass rushing terror LEO, but i think probably a bit wasted as a 4-3 OLB. In a pure 3-4 OLB role, he could be one heck of a player...but with our scheme i think it'd be a bit of a luxury pick. You could move him around a bit and there's some merit in that...but it kinda seems like the sort of thing where you start scheming him in once you've already got the foundation pieces in place sort of thing. Not sure that would be worth a top-3 pick to me.

I love Sammy Watkins, but it's not really a need unless Blackmon continues to make stupid decisions. And even then, Watkins isn't really the ideal sort of complement to Shorts III. But talent-wise...

Despite all the fluff Caldwell, Khan and Co. puffed up our rear ends about the value and necessity of two great OTs, i really just don't see them going with a RT at #3 after going OT last year.

Really, if we get the worst-case scenario and both Teddy and Clowney are gone, i'd be hoping for a trade back, where we can hopefully address multiple positions in the early rounds, and/or accumulate more picks for next year.
jagman777

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope we draft a good player
Vino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still see Houston making a run at Cutler and drafting Clowney and Bridgewater falling to us as the most likely scenario. There is no consensus QB in this draft and the Texans do not want to rebuild and may not even have Bridgewater as the top QB prospect in this draft on their draft board.

And if that doesn't happen, I get to say lol guys, I told you Henne would be the starter next season.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
I still see Houston making a run at Cutler and drafting Clowney and Bridgewater falling to us as the most likely scenario. There is no consensus QB in this draft and the Texans do not want to rebuild and may not even have Bridgewater as the top QB prospect in this draft on their draft board.

And if that doesn't happen, I get to say lol guys, I told you Henne would be the starter next season.

What makes you think they dont want to rebuild?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. pray
2. pray
3. pray
4. Bridgewater
5. Bortles

"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".
Vino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Vino wrote:

What makes you think they dont want to rebuild?
Because the owner said so after firing Kubiak and said hat they expect to be back in playoff contention next season.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to stick my nose where it doesn't belong but I don't understand the argument that Houston selecting Teddy Bridgewater somehow makes them a rebuilding team. It doesn't. Truth be told, he's probably one of the better options available to them in terms of allowing that franchise to contend in 2013.

At any rate, for the Jags, Clowney would make a world of difference defensively should he get to 3 which he should as St. Louis is loaded at end and has a world of other problems. If ole Gus can get inside Clowney and motivate, with his talent, he could change everything for your franchise defensively and that's a game changer in terms of your ability to put wins on the board, it really is.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Not to stick my nose where it doesn't belong but I don't understand the argument that Houston selecting Teddy Bridgewater somehow makes them a rebuilding team. It doesn't. Truth be told, he's probably one of the better options available to them in terms of allowing that franchise to contend in 2013.

At any rate, for the Jags, Clowney would make a world of difference defensively should he get to 3 which he should as St. Louis is loaded at end and has a world of other problems. If ole Gus can get inside Clowney and motivate, with his talent, he could change everything for your franchise defensively and that's a game changer in terms of your ability to put wins on the board, it really is.

I think Clowney will go second overall, but it probably won't be virtue of the Rams selecting him. I think the Rams will look to trade down with a team that wants to trade up for him. I can see Tampa Bay at 7 as a top contender. Maybe the Jags could pony up some picks to move up one slot for that #2 pick.
Vino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I didn't mean them drafting Bridgewater would be inherently rebuilding, but usually when drafting a franchise QB is your only option it's during a rebuilding process. They're not planning on rebuilding, and taking Cutler is a very real, if not primary, option for them. Regardless of if Bridgewater is the most ready or not, he's still a rookie and has not played in the NFL. If the Texans don't want to rebuild (which they don't) and want to be in playoff contention immediately they will ideally want a QB with NFL experience and a proven resume, especially if they don't see any QBs they like enough to take with the first overall pick over a prospect like Clowney (as was the case with Kansas City last year).

If they think Bridgewater is that guy it's a moot point. But, what I think is more likely, is that if Cutler is open to leaving Chicago they will make a run at him to immediately have a proven NFL starter than handing the reigns of their offense over to a rookie to learn on the go while they're trying to make the playoffs.

There have already been reports of them and the Titans wanting to go after Cutler in the offseason a couple weeks ago, which makes me believe in this even more.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense or anything but that whole premise is based on a whole lot of "maybes" and "usuallys" and "I thinks"' along with the ever popular "rumor/report". That's not much to build a case on, unless there's truly something concrete to be offered as evidence (Which would be a real shocker beings as the team in question doesn't even have an employed head coach). Neither is referring to Jay Cutler as a proven starting quarterback for a contending team, seeing his 1 playoff victory in 8 NFL seasons. Truth be told, Cutler's little more than a name at this stage of the game.

If you compare talent and ability Teddy Bridgewater is probably their best 2014 option, especially in today's game where rookie QBs are being taken early and started early.
Vino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
No offense or anything but that whole premise is based on a whole lot of "maybes" and "usuallys" and "I thinks"' along with the ever popular "rumor/report".
You do realize this is what ALL draft talk amounts to, including assuming the Texans will take Bridgewater or that they have him as their number 1 QB, let alone their number 1 player, on their draft board at all. :/

But i would expect a Texans fan to disagree with me thinking it's not a guarantee the Texans will take Bridgewater (who the media/fans like more than NFL teams).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vino wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
No offense or anything but that whole premise is based on a whole lot of "maybes" and "usuallys" and "I thinks"' along with the ever popular "rumor/report".
You do realize this is what ALL draft talk amounts to, including assuming the Texans will take Bridgewater or that they have him as their number 1 QB, let alone their number 1 player, on their draft board at all. :/

But i would expect a Texans fan to disagree with me thinking it's not a guarantee the Texans will take Bridgewater (who the media/fans like more than NFL teams).

He's a Cardinals fan

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
No offense or anything but that whole premise is based on a whole lot of "maybes" and "usuallys" and "I thinks"' along with the ever popular "rumor/report". That's not much to build a case on, unless there's truly something concrete to be offered as evidence (Which would be a real shocker beings as the team in question doesn't even have an employed head coach). Neither is referring to Jay Cutler as a proven starting quarterback for a contending team, seeing his 1 playoff victory in 8 NFL seasons. Truth be told, Cutler's little more than a name at this stage of the game.

If you compare talent and ability Teddy Bridgewater is probably their best 2014 option, especially in today's game where rookie QBs are being taken early and started early.

It seems absurd on the surface i guess, but with how polished Bridgewater is as a prospect, while there's still gonna be the rookie 'growing pains', i'm not sure it would really be much more substantial than the growing pains with someone like Cutler dropping into a new system.

If the Texans like Teddy, they're gonna take him. That fits fine with the desire to 'win now'. The only way they don't take him, is if they don't like Bridgewater that much for some reason, or they think they can further the team substantially more with a 'veteran' and spending their top pick on someone else. I just don't see a worry about Bridgewater being a 'rookie' being at all incompatible with their 'win now' approach.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 2 of 100

Jump to: