Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Detroit Lions 2014 Salary Cap Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Why do people want to cut Jones and Delmas? Laughing

Both of them still have plenty of value

Delmas is garbage. He has been overrated so bad since his rookie year. He racked up a ton of tackles on a poor defense and everyone fell in love.

He is not worth that money period.
I agree he's not worth the money, but a trade, pay cut, or extension should be pursued before cutting him.

Getting rid of him and extension don't really fall under the same category. It's a position that needs to be upgraded when the opportunity comes along. He's highly overrated on this forum.

I'd rather put his cap savings towards Jairus Byrd or TJ Ward, but I have my doubts about the possibility of either of those. Let's see what we get in for the coaching staff.

Ward would be a huge upgrade

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Delmas is garbage. He has been overrated so bad since his rookie year. He racked up a ton of tackles on a poor defense and everyone fell in love.

I agree he's not worth the money, but a trade, pay cut, or extension should be pursued before cutting him.

Getting rid of him and extension don't really fall under the same category. It's a position that needs to be upgraded when the opportunity comes along. He's highly overrated on this forum.

I'd rather put his cap savings towards Jairus Byrd or TJ Ward, but I have my doubts about the possibility of either of those. Let's see what we get in for the coaching staff.

That would be awesome, but they'll have to fix the cap situation before they can make a play for either of them. Only time will tell what direction the team goes in though so I can't really comment one way or another on the issue.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

That would be awesome, but they'll have to fix the cap situation before they can make a play for either of them. Only time will tell what direction the team goes in though so I can't really comment one way or another on the issue.

Theoretically, they could cut Delmas if they got a commitment from either of the other guys. That alone would provide the cap space required in 2013 on a 4 or 5 year deal, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Theoretically, they could cut Delmas if they got a commitment from either of the other guys. That alone would provide the cap space required in 2013 on a 4 or 5 year deal, I think.
Yeah, but I think someone would be willing to give up a pick for Delmas, who is still a starting level FS in a barren safety market.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does it work if we were to trade someone like Delmas? Doesn't the guaranteed money stay on our books?

A little on the green side when it comes to the contracts/cap impact. Would appreciate anyone's insight.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karnage_84 wrote:
How does it work if we were to trade someone like Delmas? Doesn't the guaranteed money stay on our books?

A little on the green side when it comes to the contracts/cap impact. Would appreciate anyone's insight.
Yes, his guaranteed money stays as a cap hit. His cap hit this year is $6,500,000 ($5,500,000 base salary, $500,000 prorated signing bonus, $500,000 roster bonus). He only has $500,000 in dead money (which is the prorated signing bonus). So, if we trade or cut him, we save $6,000,000.

If that doesn't clear it up for you I can try to go more in depth about it, but that should be enough.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
DrRay11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futures guys / Don Carey extension added to OP.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Karnage_84 wrote:

Yes, his guaranteed money stays as a cap hit. His cap hit this year is $6,500,000 ($5,500,000 base salary, $500,000 prorated signing bonus, $500,000 roster bonus). He only has $500,000 in dead money (which is the prorated signing bonus). So, if we trade or cut him, we save $6,000,000.

If that doesn't clear it up for you I can try to go more in depth about it, but that should be enough.

Not entirely true. His per game bonus will be included in the dead money; that is supposed to be $1,750,000 so he'll have $2,250,000 dead money.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montell Owens took a slight paycut; updated OP. Still think he is released

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can any of you cap geniuses fill us in on the current cap situation now that Delmas and Burelson have been cut? Any prediction on who else might be on the chopping block?

[quote="LionsFTW"]I would throw my $1300 50 inch plasma in the garbage if we drafted Fairley.[quote]
DrRay11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montana badboy wrote:
Can any of you cap geniuses fill us in on the current cap situation now that Delmas and Burelson have been cut? Any prediction on who else might be on the chopping block?

I would imagine Leroy Harris is a goner. Delmas and Burleson cuts put us around $123.5 million, I think - meaning about $3 million in projected space. I'll update the post once I get something decent on Raiola.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiola, Burleson, Delmas - update

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: 2014 cap projected to be $130m.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10487942/nfl-projected-raise-salary-cap-130-million

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10487942/nfl-projected-raise-salary-cap-130-million

If we re-structure Suh, and make another cut or 2, we could go after Decker.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
DrRay11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:

If we re-structure Suh, and make another cut or 2, we could go after Decker.

He's rumored to be approaching $10m / yr. I think we could find a lot of better ways to spend that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: