Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT- BAL Ravens (8-7) @ CIN Bengals (10-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will we release the Flaccon?
Of course... what do you expect our pathetic run game to show up?
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Hope not... Flacco looked terrible last game.
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Sure... but we'll probably wait until the 4th quarter to do it...
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Nope... Gino Gradkowski is GOAT, run it behind him FTW...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Who cares about the Flaccon, it's all about Tuck Norris...
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boldin was under Smith the entire season until Crabtree came back. He disappeared for an ever longer stretch. Smith is better than Boldin.. And it's not even close, honestly. It's hard to get open when you're constantly being double covered. Just look at the Bengals game... How often did you see Torrey against 1on1 coverage? Boldin regularly gets 1on1 coverage against a teams 3rd corner. To say he's better than Torrey is honestly being ignorant of the facts. Ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith does not get constantly double covered. He does get the other team's best corner, I'll give him that (as does Boldin), but even some highlight scouting shows Torrey Smith gets single coverage routinely. I just went through and watched a lot of the Ravens' big plays this year on highlights and Smith is single covered every time except 3rd and very longs.

Both have had their share of quiet games. The 9ers offense as a whole, run game included, had a slump of a few games early in the season but since then they've been efficient.

And Boldin is playing in a run first offense where the QB attempts ~26 passes a game and runs it himself often. This is an offense that really isn't suited for WRs putting up big numbers. In Crabtree's breakout year, he put up less yards than Boldin, and they went on a tear last year. Yet Boldin still ended up with more yards, and of course more TDs than Torrey.

I think arguing Torrey over Boldin at this point is just being purposely ignorant to what we see on the field. Its doubling down on a bad theory (Boldin was easily replaceable) that was picked up by fans to explain some of the offseason moves we were making. I bought into at the time too. But this season has clearly shown that he wasn't easily replaceable, and was actually being held back by Cam's system. He'd be having an even better season here with Flacco and Caldwell than he did in SF since we throw it so much.

NextBigThing wrote:
I am a Patriots fan, I know all about excellence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: