Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT- BAL Ravens (8-7) @ CIN Bengals (10-5)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will we release the Flaccon?
Of course... what do you expect our pathetic run game to show up?
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Hope not... Flacco looked terrible last game.
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Sure... but we'll probably wait until the 4th quarter to do it...
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Nope... Gino Gradkowski is GOAT, run it behind him FTW...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Who cares about the Flaccon, it's all about Tuck Norris...
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: GDT- BAL Ravens (8-7) @ CIN Bengals (10-5) Reply with quote

This game is about much more than a week 17 matchup, it's about the playoffs. And to make the playoffs the Ravens need one of these scenarios to happen...

Ravens
(1) BAL win + SD loss
(2) BAL win + MIA loss
(3) PIT loss + SD loss + MIA loss

For reference here are the week 17 matchups of all of the opposing teams...
MIA vs NYJ
SD vs KC
PIT vs CLE

As long as we don't lose, Pittsburgh is of no concern. San Diego will be playing at home against a Chiefs team resting their starters so unless they choke, there should be no way they lose that game. Which means it all comes down to one game. It comes down to the horrible road QB that is Geno Smith actually playing well on the road for once. It comes down to the Jets team stringing together a two game winning streak for the first time on the season... And in all honesty, the chances of the Jets beating the Dolphins in this game are about the same as Santa Clause personally hooking me up with Jennifer Lawrence. Pray

Simply put we need two things to happen:

First, this needs to happen in OUR game...

Second, this needs to happen in the Jets game...

Ready. Set. Go.... Discuss.

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:13 am; edited 3 times in total
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Rex needs to lose about 100lbs by Sunday?

We boned

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Anonymous3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens win 256-0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens 21 Bengals 13

Jets 24 Fins 16

Ravens get a matchup with #3 seed Colts
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark ops wrote:
Ravens 21 Bengals 13

Jets 24 Fins 16

Ravens get a matchup with #3 seed Colts

That sounds like so much win. I'm going with this Laughing

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
So Rex needs to lose about 100lbs by Sunday?

We boned

That, reshape his body, and learn the fusion dance from Piccolo... he and Geno need to form into Genex Ryith... a Super Powerful being that doesn't lose to the Dolphins on the road.. A lot needs to happen in a week. Mad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok im gonna call it, Ed Reed Pick 6 in the 4th quarter to give Miami the loss we need and send us Through to the playoffs + ravens win by a field goal
wwhickok

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prediction here is Baltimore over Cincinnati 37-3.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
What's your other prediction tho?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:

It won't work. The whole "say the exact opposite of what you hope" bad juju curse was all used up last week against the Pats.

So in fact stating that you believe we'll win the game in blow out fashion will simply contribute to the Ravens receiving positive juju from this and thus you've just greatly increased our chances of winning the game. Thanks! Now do the same thing for the Chiefs/San Diego game will you. Razz

Speaking of that game, someone in GEN made a good point about the playoff scenarios. IF the Ravens win this game, the Chargers might not have anything to play for except pride... which is infinitely less a motivating factor than playing for the playoffs.

Also, the Chiefs have not flat out said they will rest starters and thus it's fully possible for them to treat this game like a playoff preseason game and play their starters for a quarter or a half... which could be enough time to compete with the Chargers team still hoping to make the playoffs... and by the time they pull their starters, the Chargers might be deflated from news of our game and its resulting win (assumption).

Thus if we win, we doubly effect our chances of getting into the playoffs.

Another angle of confidence, the Chargers will lack a lot of tape of the Kansas City backups plus Chiefs fans were singing the praises of Tyler Bray after the preseason, and he does have the physical tools to succeed... so that could play a role. We've seen it before where a team prepares yet has limited tape on a rookie or a backup and thus he gets a few big plays on them because of it.

The Chargers also aren't known for boasting the greatest HFA in the world, so that could play a part also.

Of course the Jets present the best chance still. If they can shut down the Miami run game and force turnovers, perhaps Geno goes Super Saiyan and rips them a new one...

Season on the line, yet I'm starting to feel pretty darn confident in our chances as the week roles on.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

It won't work. The whole "say the exact opposite of what you hope" bad juju curse was all used up last week against the Pats.

So in fact stating that you believe we'll win the game in blow out fashion will simply contribute to the Ravens receiving positive juju from this and thus you've just greatly increased our chances of winning the game. Thanks! Now do the same thing for the Chiefs/San Diego game will you. Razz

Speaking of that game, someone in GEN made a good point about the playoff scenarios. IF the Ravens win this game, the Chargers might not have anything to play for except pride... which is infinitely less a motivating factor than playing for the playoffs.

Also, the Chiefs have not flat out said they will rest starters and thus it's fully possible for them to treat this game like a playoff preseason game and play their starters for a quarter or a half... which could be enough time to compete with the Chargers team still hoping to make the playoffs... and by the time they pull their starters, the Chargers might be deflated from news of our game and its resulting win (assumption).

Another angle of confidence, the Chargers will lack a lot of tape of the Kansas City backups plus Chiefs fans were singing the praises of Tyler Bray after the preseason, and he does have the physical tools to succeed... so that could play a role. We've seen it before where a team prepares yet has limited tape on a rookie or a backup and thus he gets a few big plays on them because of it.

The Chargers also aren't known for boasting the greatest HFA in the world, so that could play a part also.

Of course the Jets present the best chance still. If they can shut down the Miami run game and force turnovers, perhaps Geno goes Super Saiyan and rips them a new one...

Season on the line, yet I'm starting to feel pretty darn confident in our chances as the week roles on.

Except that it has worked for me all season lol.

I do actually think this could be a big disappointment for Cincy. They haven't really played so greatly lately.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

Except that it has worked for me all season lol.

I do actually think this could be a big disappointment for Cincy. They haven't really played so greatly lately.

We've scored over 40 points in each of the last 4 home games... Not saying that's gonna happen vs you guys, but to say we aren't playing well lately is not correct. We are undefeated at home, on the road we are inconsistent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

We've scored over 40 points in each of the last 4 home games... Not saying that's gonna happen vs you guys, but to say we aren't playing well lately is not correct. We are undefeated at home, on the road we are inconsistent

"You guys"? I said that, not them.

You scored over 40 points in each of hte last 4 home games, that's true, but in the last 4 games, but, let's keep things in perspective shall we.

You beat the Vikings...42-14, no one is considering the Vikings a threat or even all that competitive at this point.

I'll give you the win of the Colts 42-28 though I thinkt hey're frauds.

The Browns...are just that, the Browns..the other 40+ Point scorer was against the Jets who will probably get annihilated by the Dolphins on Sunday because I wouldn't trade a bag of Dorrito's for Geno Smith and their entire offense is trash.

So.... moral of my story? 1/4 of your 40+ point home games was against a team that is actually going to make the playoffs or for that matter, hit .500.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

"You guys"? I said that, not them.

You scored over 40 points in each of hte last 4 home games, that's true, but in the last 4 games, but, let's keep things in perspective shall we.

You beat the Vikings...42-14, no one is considering the Vikings a threat or even all that competitive at this point.

I'll give you the win of the Colts 42-28 though I thinkt hey're frauds.

The Browns...are just that, the Browns..the other 40+ Point scorer was against the Jets who will probably get annihilated by the Dolphins on Sunday because I wouldn't trade a bag of Dorrito's for Geno Smith and their entire offense is trash.

So.... moral of my story? 1/4 of your 40+ point home games was against a team that is actually going to make the playoffs or for that matter, hit .500.

I was saying I don't think we will continue the streak of scoring over 40 points against the Ravens.

I know that those games didn't come against great teams, but all in all, you said that we haven't been playing very well lately. The only bad game was against Pittsburgh lately, and that game was solely on special teams shoulders.

I think it's gonna be a close game like always. I think in the end, the Ravens will want it more.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shots fired: http://www.cincyjungle.com/ravens-bengals-2013/2013/12/26/5245932/ravens-defensive-coordinator-dean-pees-both-praises-and-slights

Quote:
"They do the same thing all the time"

- Dean Pees

He's not wrong. For some reason our play calling/execution is always dreadful against the Steelers, Browns and Ravens...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: