Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Free Agency Thread 3.0!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muppetbaby

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
I know he is likely to re-sign with the Colts but I wouldn't mind taking Vontae Davis in FA, his play has picked up at the Colts. Let Jenkins walk and keep Tracy Porter as slot corner.

Davis would be my pick of all the free agent corners considering his performance and age, but like you I don't see him leaving Indy.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Oaktown wrote:
T. Porter wasn't that good this year. Think he was ranked bottom 15 or so on PFF. If he wants 5 mil forget it

Porter started playing worse once the pass rush vanished though.

I'm sure you can read his numbers to back that up.

True. Had an up and down year though. Struggled starting off then got hurt. When he came back he played much better. Then there was the last stretch of the season where nobody played well honestly.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Oaktown wrote:
T. Porter wasn't that good this year. Think he was ranked bottom 15 or so on PFF. If he wants 5 mil forget it

Porter started playing worse once the pass rush vanished though.

I'm sure you can read his numbers to back that up.

True. Had an up and down year though. Struggled starting off then got hurt. When he came back he played much better. Then there was the last stretch of the season where nobody played well honestly.

Yeah I remember some games where he would just shadow guys and make plays. Honestly I can't judge anyone on the defense by the end because idk what happened. He's a good slot guy and I think 3 -3.5 million a year would be reasonable. I say 3 years 9 million 4.5 million guaranteed.
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
What is everybody's opinion on CB Tarell Brown from San Fran?

Like him a lot. Would grab him in a heartbeat. For a reasonable price of course.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
Bone_Collector wrote:
What is everybody's opinion on CB Tarell Brown from San Fran?

Like him a lot. Would grab him in a heartbeat. For a reasonable price of course.

Ya he would be backup plan for me after Shields or one of those top guys. Tarver probably has some ties to him as well.
muppetbaby

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackerReport: "Source says there's nothing new to report on FA-to-be #Packers CB Sam Shields. Seems increasingly likely he'll hit the market."
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muppetbaby wrote:
PackerReport: "Source says there's nothing new to report on FA-to-be #Packers CB Sam Shields. Seems increasingly likely he'll hit the market."

With Reggies ties to GB, hope he gets a long look.

Raji also wants out. Wants to be more of a disruptive DT than an anchor. Wouldn't' mind him in Oakland penetrating from the DT spot.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
muppetbaby wrote:

Raji also wants out. Wants to be more of a disruptive DT than an anchor. Wouldn't' mind him in Oakland penetrating from the DT spot.

Sam Shields, Porter and Hayden would be a solid upgrade. Raji penetrating with Fat Pat eating blocks would be nice too. Re-sign Houston and we're talking. Especially if we can draft a good pass rusher or sign a decent one in FA. Sort of wishful thinking with all of our unsigned free agents but we do have the cap space.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
muppetbaby wrote:

what's the DT contract look like? can he get out?

Bolansho Boro Begoz
101Raider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
muppetbaby wrote:

Per my understanding he's an unrestricted free agent. Supposedly he turned down 8mil per year offer from the Packers saying he wanted to go to a team that would let him rush more.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

101Raider wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
muppetbaby wrote:

Per my understanding he's an unrestricted free agent. Supposedly he turned down 8mil per year offer from the Packers saying he wanted to go to a team that would let him rush more.

I'd love to pair him with Sims and keep Houston at LDE. Add in Murphy, Mack, or Barr and pass rush will never be an issue again.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Rolni

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
muppetbaby wrote:

Sam Shields, Porter and Hayden would be a solid upgrade. Raji penetrating with Fat Pat eating blocks would be nice too. Re-sign Houston and we're talking. Especially if we can draft a good pass rusher or sign a decent one in FA. Sort of wishful thinking with all of our unsigned free agents but we do have the cap space.

Yeah I would really like that Shields-Raji combo too Smile
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raji may end up costing too much.

"Impending free agent C Alex Mack is expected to test the open market.
Mack, 28, will likely be the Browns' top priority and could be franchise-tagged, but CEO Joe Banner may not believe in doling out that kind of cash to a center. Mack is going to be a hot commodity on the open market and is easily the top center available in free agency -- he graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 1 center in 2013. He'll probably aim for a deal similar to the one Ryan Kalil signed with the Panthers at six years and $49.1 million with $19 million guaranteed. Mack has previously said he'll give the Browns a chance to match any offer, though that was before the coaching staff was fired after one season."

per rotoworld.
early43

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

Mack, 28, will likely be the Browns' top priority and could be franchise-tagged, but CEO Joe Banner may not believe in doling out that kind of cash to a center. Mack is going to be a hot commodity on the open market and is easily the top center available in free agency -- he graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 1 center in 2013. He'll probably aim for a deal similar to the one Ryan Kalil signed with the Panthers at six years and $49.1 million with $19 million guaranteed. Mack has previously said he'll give the Browns a chance to match any offer, though that was before the coaching staff was fired after one season."

per rotoworld.

I don't think Raji could ever cost too much for us. We want to run a hybrid defense, hes the perfect type of DT to have. Scheme diverse, can rash from the middle, can hold a edge... Although I have always thought he was poorly utilized in GB, much like Dorsey in KC, he would be a instant upgrade at the UT for us.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

per rotoworld.

I don't think Raji could ever cost too much for us. We want to run a hybrid defense, hes the perfect type of DT to have. Scheme diverse, can rash from the middle, can hold a edge... Although I have always thought he was poorly utilized in GB, much like Dorsey in KC, he would be a instant upgrade at the UT for us.

Not directed at you, I am tempted to use NFL Rewind to count how many times the Raiders deployed a 34 defense as I am "hybrid" defense fatigued. Was DA using a 34 because of the defenses complete inability to mount a pass rush? Idk. What is the consensus on how much 34 the Raiders ran? Why would Raji come to Oakland if the Raiders run 34 50% of time?

Clearly Raji wants to be an UT. He wants someone next to him to eat double teams so he can focus on splitting the gap. Personally, it looked like to me both DTs were playing gap control mostly. I can't really see the fit UNLESS either the Raiders acquire either Hardy or Clowney or both and go pure 43 and scrap the "hybrid" because with that much pressure on the edges you could have an UT and won't have to disguise much with that much talent. "This is what we play and it's up to their offense to block it" attitude.

I just don't see it. Players aren't THAT stupid. What "hybrid" turns into is mainly 34 defense the second Raji is added without Hardy or Clowney. Why? Because Raji is great at what he does, which is eating blockers. The Raiders shouldn't try to fool a guy who wants to be an UT into playing in a 34. Raji has already been offered money which he declined and has already experienced team success. He wants some "me" time and play in a fun defense where he is highlighted. No problem. But I wouldn't want to fool anyone into coming to Oakland anyways because that's how you get Haynesworth meltdowns.

You 34 guys tickle me. Always trying to sneak the 34 in. "Well we have Sims, Houston and BJ Raji now and all these leos running around and the 43 isn't working maybe we should try a 34 base?" Lol. duh? I would love for BJ to sign with Oakland but I can't see it happening without assurances and a commitment to the 43 which is ultimately not what 34 guys want to hear. (not to anyone in particular) So pick one. Either Raji is coming and the Raiders are going 43 but I highly doubt anyone who wants to be an UT wants to be in a hybrid 43 so move on from Raji.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 30 of 100

Jump to: