Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Free Agency Thread 3.0!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Rolni wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Jets are expected to release Holmes, Mark Sanchez, and Antonio Cromartie.

Wonder how much Cromartie will cost?

Why?

He was the 107th (not exact number from top of my head) CB according to PFF...

Ugh….. PFF.

Why does everyone take that as gospel around here?

Stanford Routt once ranked as the #3 CB in football. Phillip Adams shouldn't be on an NFL roster and was ranked as a "secret superstar" by PFF last season.

I completely agree with you about PfF. But, Philip Adams is not that bad. Not saying he's great, but he's no where near as bad as your insinuating.

Adams should be resigned. He is decent backup and good ST player. I like that he can backup any CB spot as well.

Yah, certain players on this team get a horrible rap, when theyre not bad. I actaully think adams is solid backup, and would not be overly concerned if he had to start a few games. Hes much better than hayden right now.

I guess they get a bad rap because they read people scapegoating them, and people bandwagon onto a few posters.? not sure.

And than you hear people get wayyy to much credit...players like wiz, zach miller (who was better known as miller lite on here..very average but people were crying when we lost him), sio moore gets too much credit, etc.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Rolni wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

Why?

Ugh….. PFF.

Stanford Routt once ranked as the #3 CB in football. Phillip Adams shouldn't be on an NFL roster and was ranked as a "secret superstar" by PFF last season.

I completely agree with you about PfF. But, Philip Adams is not that bad. Not saying he's great, but he's no where near as bad as your insinuating.

Adams should be resigned. He is decent backup and good ST player. I like that he can backup any CB spot as well.

Yah, certain players on this team get a horrible rap, when theyre not bad. I actaully think adams is solid backup, and would not be overly concerned if he had to start a few games. Hes much better than hayden right now.

I guess they get a bad rap because they read people scapegoating them, and people bandwagon onto a few posters.? not sure.

And than you hear people get wayyy to much credit...players like wiz, zach miller (who was better known as miller lite on here..very average but people were crying when we lost him), sio moore gets too much credit, etc.
We've had crap for TE since Zach left. Just saying.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Rolni wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

Why?

Ugh….. PFF.

My take on it is that ideally we should be in a good enough position to either not resign him or have someone better win his spot on the team. He's decent, but I have to assume we want to be better than that?
He seemed alot better last year somehow, this year he kinda sucked bad. If we don't come up with players to beat out guys like him, we're not getting better.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Rolni wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

Why?

Ugh….. PFF.

It's guy like Phillip Adams who the 9ers let go that show Oakland is poorly talented team. Cut by the 9ers, Pats and Hawks. 3 teams that are well built didn't see enough in him to keep him around. But in Oakland, he's 'not bad'.

Personally…. I would rather see a player w/ potential take that spot then a player who's ceiling is 'not bad'.

Adams sticks out when on the field. Misses tackles, takes bad angles and struggles in coverage. He could be a replaced by an URFA and nobody would notice. He's also a mediocre punt returner.

If he's not resigned in Oakland, I doubt he finds a roster spot.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Rolni wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

Why?

Ugh….. PFF.

My take on it is that ideally we should be in a good enough position to either not resign him or have someone better win his spot on the team. He's decent, but I have to assume we want to be better than that?
He seemed alot better last year somehow, this year he kinda sucked bad. If we don't come up with players to beat out guys like him, we're not getting better.

Thank you! Glad someone else saw it. And I couldn't agree more. If you don't come up with players that can bounce him off the roster, you're not getting better.

And that's been the Raiders MO for decades. Look at the players that leave here recently. They do little to nothing with better teams, w/ a couple exceptions.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adams looked as bad as the rest of the defense when he got his opportunity to play this year. He didn't play much in the 1st half of the season. I do remember a game in which he played pretty well though, can't tell you which one off the top of my slightly drunk head.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the issue with giving Adams another shot in TC. STs and CB in a pinch. Lets face it, if he's playing then its because of injury most likely anyway and he's flashed some potential in the past. At least worth one last look in preseason.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I don't see the issue with giving Adams another shot in TC. STs and CB in a pinch. Lets face it, if he's playing then its because of injury most likely anyway and he's flashed some potential in the past. At least worth one last look in preseason.

+1
That's how I see it too. He's not a bad 4th or 5th guy at CB. Worth another shot

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
RaiderX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Rolni wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

Why?

Ugh….. PFF.

Thank you! Glad someone else saw it. And I couldn't agree more. If you don't come up with players that can bounce him off the roster, you're not getting better.

And that's been the Raiders MO for decades. Look at the players that leave here recently. They do little to nothing with better teams, w/ a couple exceptions.

Sign Alterraun Verner. I kinda wanna see what Chance Casey can do as well. Made some plays in preseason. Hopefully Porter is resigned as well and maybe a CB is drafted mid -late rounds.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Rolni wrote:
ch8878 wrote:

Why?

Ugh….. PFF.

Sign Alterraun Verner. I kinda wanna see what Chance Casey can do as well. Made some plays in preseason. Hopefully Porter is resigned as well and maybe a CB is drafted mid -late rounds.

Great call on C.Casey, he was one of my favourite players in camp, definitely looked to be a good addition to the DB-depth, possibly bring him into the 53 as 4th-5th CB option ahead of special team genius TJones. Personally I'd then sign both MJenkins and TPorter to 2-3 year deals, but if one is after too much let them walk, then sign another (better) CB is FA and hopefully also see an improved DJ Hayden....CBs then look like a very good unit to me and no need to use a draft pick this year
Dessie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he is likely to re-sign with the Colts but I wouldn't mind taking Vontae Davis in FA, his play has picked up at the Colts. Let Jenkins walk and keep Tracy Porter as slot corner.
#clueless
Oaktown

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T. Porter wasn't that good this year. Think he was ranked bottom 15 or so on PFF. If he wants 5 mil forget it
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is everybody's opinion on CB Tarell Brown from San Fran?

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:
T. Porter wasn't that good this year. Think he was ranked bottom 15 or so on PFF. If he wants 5 mil forget it

PFF isn't the be all end all. I think mostly everybody here would say Tracy porter played relatively well. As palooka said Stanford Routt was the number 3 overall in rankings a few years back Laughing

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
ch8878

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:

Porter started playing worse once the pass rush vanished though.

I'm sure you can read his numbers to back that up.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 29 of 100

Jump to: