Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Free Agency Thread 3.0!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: The Free Agency Thread 3.0! Reply with quote

Page 100 hit on round two, lets fire up round three boys. Here is the last post from the previous thread:

Quote:
Personally I would go after Jon Asamoah. Excellent young OG and is familar with the division. Cheifs cap situation isnt bad but not great either. I think they are due to have only about 3 million free as it stands now. They have 4 safties hitting FA and Tyson Jackson and Brandon Albert. Not sure they can afford to let Albert go. Fisher might need more time to develop. I havnt counted out Bergstrom yet though.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.

Last edited by RaidersAreOne on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type of deal does everyone think DE Michael Johnson from Cincinnati will get? I was thinking since he's coming off a down year, he might not (nor should he) get a lucrative long-term deal. Since teams will have lots of cash to spend, I can see him getting a similar deal to what Cliff Avril got this past offseason from Seattle (i.e. short-term, high salary). Not that he deserves it, but I do think that is what will happen. I'm willing to roll the dice to see if he can bounce back.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing

Last edited by Bone_Collector on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also cliff avril and micheal Benett are also on one year deals if I'm not mistaken. One might hit the open market again if we can pair one of these guys with Clowney look out.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
Also cliff avril and micheal Benett are also on one year deals if I'm not mistaken. One might hit the open market again if we can pair one of these guys with Clowney look out.

IIRC Cliff Avril signed a 2-year pact

Harper41 wrote:

Laughing
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:

IIRC Cliff Avril signed a 2-year pact

I believe you are correct. I'd love Bennett though.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
daineraider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
What type of deal does everyone think DE Michael Johnson from Cincinnati will get? I was thinking since he's coming off a down year, he might not (nor should he) get a lucrative long-term deal. Since teams will have lots of cash to spend, I can see him getting a similar deal to what Cliff Avril got this past offseason from Seattle (i.e. short-term, high salary). Not that he deserves it, but I do think that is what will happen. I'm willing to roll the dice to see if he can bounce back.

I feel someone will offer a huge contract and overpay for him. I am thinking 5yr 50-60mil. I would love to get him at around 6-7 mil a year, but i dont see that being possible.

Sigged by Jamison
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
Bone_Collector wrote:

I feel someone will offer a huge contract and overpay for him. I am thinking 5yr 50-60mil. I would love to get him at around 6-7 mil a year, but i dont see that being possible.

Johnson has had a pretty disappointing season as a pass rusher without Geno Atkins. 3 sacks on the year. Somebody will overpay him though.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd feel pretty comfortable throwing money at Hardy though. Resign Sims and thats a very solid half of the DL to start.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
I'd feel pretty comfortable throwing money at Hardy though. Resign Sims and thats a very solid half of the DL to start.

we have to resign sims id say he is 2nd on the resign priority list behind jv

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Willis666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

+1 The big man has earned it. We finally have a true NT.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willis666 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

So long as we re-sign him. I might even agree that he's more important than Houston. I'm not even sure we can get the most out of Houston in our scheme any more. I think he'd be better off putting on weight again and playing LE and sliding in to UT in some situations. He clearly is not going to be a top notch RE in our current state. Maybe with help from another play maker who can get after the QB but even then he wouldn't be the sole reason for his success.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Willis666 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

So long as we re-sign him. I might even agree that he's more important than Houston. I'm not even sure we can get the most out of Houston in our scheme any more. I think he'd be better off putting on weight again and playing LE and sliding in to UT in some situations. He clearly is not going to be a top notch RE in our current state. Maybe with help from another play maker who can get after the QB but even then he wouldn't be the sole reason for his success.

Agreed. Houston is better off at LE

Harper41 wrote:

Laughing
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Willis666 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
RaiderX wrote:

He was ok at LE last year. Ended the season strong. The guy was pretty poor vs the run most of this season. Complete non factor since week 8. The sack vs Houston he got because he was completely unblocked. Maybe he'll look better with a QB assassin on the opposite side but I'm perfectly fine with letting him walk.

SaveourSonics wrote:
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best case scenario be sign johnson or hardy, draft clowney and then move houston to dt to help him rush the passer. Then the line would look awfully good wouldn't it? We would get off the field on 3rd down too.

LE: Clowney (at least to start)
DT: Houston/Walker
NT: Sims/McGee
RE:Hardy/Johnson (until clowney is acclimated enough to take over here)
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Best case scenario be sign johnson or hardy, draft clowney and then move houston to dt to help him rush the passer. Then the line would look awfully good wouldn't it? We would get off the field on 3rd down too.

LE: Clowney (at least to start)
DT: Houston/Walker
NT: Sims/McGee
RE:Hardy/Johnson (until clowney is acclimated enough to take over here)

Im assuming if we re-sign Houston and grab a DE in FA we probably will be going after a QB in the draft. Not saying i agree with not taking Clowney, but if Reggie can get a bunch of assets for the pick i could see him making a trade.

Sigged by Jamison

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: