Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Potential Free Agent Targets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
I've been saying since we traded for Zuttah that #3CB is our 2nd biggest question mark (after FS). But I don't know how you can talk about Shocky and especially Asa like they are known quantities. Like Ozzie said, we want to see our young guys fail on the field, if they are to fail. Shocky was getting playing time over Jimmy up until last year and others have noted Asa is still on the team after two suspensions. There's reason to think the team has some confidence in at least one of them.

I think we can go through training camp and the postseason and pick up a passable option in final cuts if no one steps up.

BTW, who the heck is Jeremy Lane?

Seahawks 3rd CB.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Seahawks rule, Ravens drool.

You think Chykie is better than Jeremy Lane?

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Honestly, there's no point in responding to you for questions like these... you are going to fall on the same side of the question pretty much no matter what.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Honestly, there's no point in responding to you for questions like these... you are going to fall on the same side of the question pretty much no matter what.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Why wouldn't I? Jeremy Lane is a better CB than Chykie Brown no question about it and the only reason you're saying there's no point in responding and Flacco is just posting nonsense is because you both know it.

BlaqOptic wrote:
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Why wouldn't I? Jeremy Lane is a better CB than Chykie Brown no question about it and the only reason you're saying there's no point in responding and Flacco is just posting nonsense is because you both know it.

According to you, every CB is better than Chykie, so why would anyone even bother debating it with you anymore?

It has nothing to do with anybody knowing or not knowing anything, it's more that you don't say anything beyond your basic opinion. There's nothing substantive, and frankly, proves nothing, so why should anybody bother?
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooselovechild wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

According to you, every CB is better than Chykie, so why would anyone even bother debating it with you anymore?

It has nothing to do with anybody knowing or not knowing anything, it's more that you don't say anything beyond your basic opinion. There's nothing substantive, and frankly, proves nothing, so why should anybody bother?

No, according to me nearly every playoff team or Superbowl contender has a quality nickel CB due to the NFL going 3 WR sets more often than ever before, and we simply don't, and if you think Chykie Brown is a quality nickel CB I don't know what to tell you.

BlaqOptic wrote:
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ We don't need Brown to be a quality "nickel" corner. We have Lardarius Webb for that role. We need Brown to play boundary corner. He excelled in that spot in his 2nd year, but has since taken some steps back. There's no reason to believe he can't take a step or two forward this season with the increased reps coming his way. Asa is a complete unknown. But Asa is fast, agile, and has some playmaking skillset. He has upside to be a quality boundary option on occasion.

There is no set in stone talent level for Brown and Jackson so it's incredibly foolish to act as though both are bad nickel options. Because role players are always inconsistent at a wide range of things, it's why they're role players. If they get really good they cease to be simply a "role player". Brown and Jackson, along with all the #3 corners mentioned, are all role players until we can find the next talent who is something more than just a role player. I mean Corey Graham "sucked" until he got a chance here in Baltimore and increased practice reps on him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41
Page 41 of 41

Jump to: