Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Pryor Thread 2.0.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: The Official Pryor Thread 2.0.0 Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=524993

The original thread hit 100 pages (HOW!?), so here is round two! For what its worth, I would be extremely comfortable with Pryor as a number #3 QB. A guy that could come in if the starter and backup goes down and make some plays to help our team. However he will never be a starting caliber QB.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: The Official Pryor Thread 2.0.0 Reply with quote

raiders707 wrote:
Oh alright write him off after only 8 games acting like he's been our Qb since 2011

Why does it matter how long he'd been our QB. Nobody on the staff saw him as our QBOF, so why continue starting him when he still displayed all the same issues he has had since we drafted him?

raiders707 wrote:
DA dropped the ball he will be fired, guess what Matt got his 8 games and we'll numbers don't lie

Well actually McGloin only got 7, and really only 6 starts since he came in the Philly game only after Pryor stunk it up again.

raiders707 wrote:
everyone on here that was not having it with TP acted like Jesus walked on water and had wing stop wings with Rick Ross after Matts game vs the texans.

I won't argue that, people got drawn in and went over the top way too fast. They did the same exact thing with Pryor after his week 17 loss last season though- just remember that.

raiders707 wrote:
DA switched up because his job was on the line this year TP agent is speaking the truth DA was looking after himself

Maybe, or, like I said in my last post, he was making a QB change like any other coach does when they are losing and their QB doesn't look like they have what it takes to be the QBOTF

raiders707 wrote:
I would of stuck with TP even if I finished 2-14 the big picture is who will be our Qb and will we draft one in the first 3 rounds.

Well you are kind of contradicting yourself here. You are saying he should have let Pryor start all year, meaning he shouldn't have given McGloin a chance at all. Then you say the big picture is finding out if we need to draft a QB or if we already have him wouldn't it make more sense to give each of them near equal time to see if either one is the answer? Why only start one (especially when he isn't doing well) and then look for a QB in the draft when you don't even know what you have on your roster?

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB #3? That's harsh. The guy is getting support from analysts for a reason. He's not trash by any means. Bill Polian said that Pryor was "the most improved player he'd seen this year" and the guy has shown the ability to carry an offense with his ability to run and deliver. He completes 58% of his passes, which isn't bad. His ypa of 6.77 ranks higher than respected players like flacco and luck. His total yardage per game (when starting) of about 270 ranks in the top 10 of starting quarterbacks. Yes, he's thrown some costly picks, but many have come in garbage time, like against the chiefs and eagles, and on a hail mary for the end zone versus the colts, not to mention two picks that hit the receivers in the hands one in the steelers game and one in the eagles game. I distinctly remember the commentator saying "that will show up stats wise as a pick but that's not pryor's fault". I'm not saying the dude is god by any means, but he has shown some nice development from last year and this last game will be a fair way to evaluate his progression/regression. If he plays well, like at least 250 yards, passer rating of 90+, etc. I say he deserves a chance to start next year just like any qb who proves they can play well and win. The fact that there is so much hate on the kid as a tebow "2.0" and "not being able to read the defense" is totally unfair. He's younger than most of the notable "young qbs" like wilson and kaepernick so just give him a chance. If he's trash he's trash but calling him a #3 qb right now is just unfair.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy sucks and his off-field carry on has been pretty disgraceful. I'll be amazed if he's on the roster next year.
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both Pryor and McGloin will serve as great backups. Whoever improves the most by next season should be the primary backup. Hopefully we draft our QBoTF or find a way to get one in FA.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I say #3 is because I want a #2 that is capable of helping teach whoever our number one is. Give him another point of view of the D from the sidelines, tell him about what he sees and what he would do, diagnose formations, etc. Pryor does not even have the ability to call his own plays from the huddle, I dont think he can help the starting QB like a #2 should be able to.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.

Last edited by RaidersAreOne on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
The guy sucks and his off-field carry on has been pretty disgraceful. I'll be amazed if he's on the roster next year.

You can say he sucks, but off the field he's been the hardest worker on the team and said all of the right things so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

Bolansho Boro Begoz
Chali21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Pryor really suffered from going to OSU. It makes sense no one really taught him how to be a QB. That's my problem with college you don't have to hone your skills if your super athletic like Pryor. If he learned how to drop back and be more accurate in college he'd probably be the QBotF. The same thing has happened to Derek Carr, his development has been stunned because he's in that high school offense. And because of that he's a project for whatever team takes him.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
Raidin wrote:

You can say he sucks, but off the field he's been the hardest worker on the team and said all of the right things so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

His pouting on the sidelines and what his agent spouted out this week make totally different case. No idea how you can say he is the hardest work on the team either - based on what exactly?
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:
Raidin wrote:

His pouting on the sidelines and what his agent spouted out this week make totally different case. No idea how you can say he is the hardest work on the team either - based on what exactly?

Pouting on the sidelines? Are you kidding? When he was asked about the whole allen setting him up to fail thing, he said "I respect coach too much as a man to even think he would say something like that". He also said he respected allen too much to confront him about the starting job until the offseason. Allen has even said how hard pryor works in numerous press conferences. As for the "pryor sucks and his off field carry is disgraceful", where is your evidence to suggest this? I saw no fit and he didn't complain at all about being benched for McGloin. In an espn article he said I'll just try to get better and I'll try to make the best of my situation every day in practice and keep learning. Like I told you guys before -- what I need is experience. That's what I need. I need experience and obviously, I need to get better at things and we all do. But that's the main thing. ". There's no bitching in there. In addition, he said that "it was a mistake by making an excuse" when he talked about how his knee injury truthfully hindered his movement. Him owning up to it was even more impressive. Give us some proof for your bashing of pryor's off the field demeanor. Sure his play needs a lot of work at times, but you can't demean the guy's off the field poise and work ethic. He's the definition of a class act and I think every NFL team wishes their players had pryor's work ethic and poise.I for one am glad for him to represent the raiders.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Pouting on the sidelines? Are you kidding? When he was asked about the whole allen setting him up to fail thing, he said "I respect coach too much as a man to even think he would say something like that". He also said he respected allen too much to confront him about the starting job until the offseason. Allen has even said how hard pryor works in numerous press conferences. As for the "pryor sucks and his off field carry is disgraceful", where is your evidence to suggest this? I saw no fit and he didn't complain at all about being benched for McGloin. In an espn article he said I'll just try to get better and I'll try to make the best of my situation every day in practice and keep learning. Like I told you guys before -- what I need is experience. That's what I need. I need experience and obviously, I need to get better at things and we all do. But that's the main thing. ". There's no bitching in there. In addition, he said that "it was a mistake by making an excuse" when he talked about how his knee injury truthfully hindered his movement. Him owning up to it was even more impressive. Give us some proof for your bashing of pryor's off the field demeanor. Sure his play needs a lot of work at times, but you can't demean the guy's off the field poise and work ethic. He's the definition of a class act and I think every NFL team wishes their players had pryor's work ethic and poise.I for one am glad for him to represent the raiders.

Are you that guillable? Of course he's going to distance himself from his agents comments, that's why it was his agent who said them in the first place .
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Sure his play needs a lot of work at times, but you can't demean the guy's off the field poise and work ethic. He's the definition of a class act and I think every NFL team wishes their players had pryor's work ethic and poise.I for one am glad for him to represent the raiders.

Yeah, his play needs work about 80% of the time. That "field poise" and "work ethic" might need to be looked at a little bit more....

Also, I'm not a fan of people, whether agents or not, bash the team like that. If Pryor truly was apologetic for it, his agent would be in the streets as we speak. Well, as far as I know, he's not. I am not glad he represents this team. I hope he's gone after this game.

PM sig requests.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Are you that guillable? Of course he's going to distance himself from his agents comments, that's why it was his agent who said them in the first place .

Why would he complain about STARTING? Do you think he would want to slum it on the bench and when he gets a chance complain about how he was getting set up to fail? So you really think he would set up his agent to talk garbage about allen knowing that there would be backlash? Am I the gullible one? Because SO much good can come of trash talking your coach to the media before you get your presumable last opportunity to prove yourself as a starter in the NFL. Tell me if I'm wrong

Last edited by MrOaktown_56 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I've noticed a ridiculous amount of hate on Pryor with a lot of people. I'm for sure not a blind pryor fanboy, but the kid has talent, more than has been seen among our quarterbacks in quite some time, which is why allen said he gives us "the best chance to win". I don't think Allen is lying. I don't know about the whole can't read a defense thing, but as I said earlier in another forum, Bill Polian mentioned how "Pryor is the most improved player I have seen in training camp", which is a ringing endorsement of how far he's come. Whether he can take the next step or not is another question, but the fact that people are downright antagonizing him and totally bashing his play is ridiculous? He is part of the team and the temporary starter, and as long as he is I think everyone should support him and give him at least a little credit for how far he's come. After all, he has played in 3 different offenses in the past 3 years. I just don't understand all the "he can't throw" and he can't "read defenses" criticisms because he's done it and moved the chains. Just let the boy play and if he absolutely sucks, then bash him. But just give him a chance and don't say things like "I hope he isn't with the team next year" because that's absolutely ridiculous. He has given the franchise, at least for part of the season, some semblance of hope, some of the first in the last miserable decade of losing seasons.
ch8878

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it really gotten this bad for another Pryor thread?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: