Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cam's four 4th quarter comebacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zithers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Cam's four 4th quarter comebacks Reply with quote

They were against:

San Francisco 49ers, 11-4, Clinched a playoff berth (on the road)
New England Patriots, 11-4, Clinched AFC East title
Miami Dolphins, 8-7, Win and they're in as #6 seed (on the road)
New Orleans Saints, 10-5, NFC South division leader until they lost, clinch playoff berth with win

That's four teams with an average record of 10-5. High chance that those teams ALL wind up winning next week, too, which would bring it to 11-5.

And every other win was basically an [inappropriate/removed]-kicking. Then losses to the Seahawks, Cards and Saints on the road (two 10 win teams), and... the Bills (but hey, we got Riverboat out of it!).

I'm trying to temper my expectations, especially if we get the 1/2 seed, but this is pretty impressive. And yeah, I get the 49ers game wasn't much of a comeback (field goal with 10 minutes left) but meh.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's huge. Something he couldn't do his first 2 years in the league, looking like Cam has made it over the hump.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those comeback wins are why Cam is the MVP of this team. And a Pro Bowl QB.

He has a huge heart.

those comebacks also tells me that Cam could put up better numbers if the offense was redesigned or in better hands. Cam could have more TDs but of course he'd have more picks to. Shula is competent and not much more.

And honestly Cam's not surrounded by much talent.

The Saint comeback was highlighted by throws to 2 receivers pulled out of the Giant and 49er garbage cans.

And Steve Smith is now a fading #2 with a big heart and one foot out of the league

But this Cam this is the same guy who put a bunch of undistinguished players on his back and led them to the National title at Auburn.

He's always been underrated in the media. And whether we admit it or not the media influences how we think.

Those drives were huge.

According to the media Cam isn't a top ten QB. LOL

GM's and coaches know better.

Shula's play calling is the reason to be tempered not Cam's ability.
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wizardg wrote:
Those comeback wins are why Cam is the MVP of this team. And a Pro Bowl QB.

He has a huge heart.

those comebacks also tells me that Cam could put up better numbers if the offense was redesigned or in better hands. Cam could have more TDs but of course he'd have more picks to. Shula is competent and not much more.

And honestly Cam's not surrounded by much talent.

The Saint comeback was highlighted by throws to 2 receivers pulled out of the Giant and 49er garbage cans.

And Steve Smith is now a fading #2 with a big heart and one foot out of the league

But this Cam this is the same guy who put a bunch of undistinguished players on his back and led them to the National title at Auburn.

He's always been underrated in the media. And whether we admit it or not the media influences how we think.

Those drives were huge.

According to the media Cam isn't a top ten QB. LOL

GM's and coaches know better.

Shula's play calling is the reason to be tempered not Cam's ability.

So are you suggesting that when we give Cam weapons this off season, we fire Shula and hire a brand new OC?

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
iknowcool

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's difficult to judge Shula. Sure, his playcalling can be crappy but at the same time, this offense has sort of overachieved in a way. LaFell has flashed ability but simply just isn't good. Certainly not good enough to make up for Smith's declining abilities. Hixon has been ghost until the last 2 games and Ginn is a limited route runner with inconsistent hands. No offense to Olsen as he is a very good tight end but is he really the guy you want to have as your best downfield threat (Ginn is fast but relatively easy to stop)? Combine that with a QB who is inconsistent with his accuracy, an offensive line that rarely gets a push in the run game and isn't that good in pass protection, and Williams who can be taken down with one arm and another who has no vision/injury prone/lacks explosiveness (Stewart), and the fact we are as efficient as we are at scoring points per drive and our 3rd down conversion rate is quite impressive.

He definitely needs another year with actual legitimate playmakers on the outsideSAMMYWATKINS.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
It's difficult to judge Shula. Sure, his playcalling can be crappy but at the same time, this offense has sort of overachieved in a way. LaFell has flashed ability but simply just isn't good. Certainly not good enough to make up for Smith's declining abilities. Hixon has been ghost until the last 2 games and Ginn is a limited route runner with inconsistent hands. No offense to Olsen as he is a very good tight end but is he really the guy you want to have as your best downfield threat (Ginn is fast but relatively easy to stop)? Combine that with a QB who is inconsistent with his accuracy, an offensive line that rarely gets a push in the run game and isn't that good in pass protection, and Williams who can be taken down with one arm and another who has no vision/injury prone/lacks explosiveness (Stewart), and the fact we are as efficient as we are at scoring points per drive and our 3rd down conversion rate is quite impressive.

He definitely needs another year with actual legitimate playmakers on the outsideSAMMYWATKINS.

Unless you want to trade away our first for next year, highly unlikely he will be wearing a Carolina Jersey next season

Gamecocks
iknowcool

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

Unless you want to trade away our first for next year, highly unlikely he will be wearing a Carolina Jersey next season

I think it is possible Watkins falls into the mid teens. Oakland and Jacksonville (with Blackmon suspended) are the only teams I would see as needing a receiver and Oakland has too many holes outside of that and I see Jacksonville going in a different direction seeing as they still have Shorts and are missing a QB.

If Watkins falls around the 15th spot, I don't think it would take next years first to move up if we are going on previous trades.

With that said, I'm just hoping we get him. I don't actually think we do. Then again... nobody thought we would be getting Lotulelei either.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

I think it is possible Watkins falls into the mid teens. Oakland and Jacksonville (with Blackmon suspended) are the only teams I would see as needing a receiver and Oakland has too many holes outside of that and I see Jacksonville going in a different direction seeing as they still have Shorts and are missing a QB.

If Watkins falls around the 15th spot, I don't think it would take next years first to move up if we are going on previous trades.

With that said, I'm just hoping we get him. I don't actually think we do. Then again... nobody thought we would be getting Lotulelei either.

Agreed, I think he separates himself from the rest of the receivers in this draft class, Lee, Evans, Mathews, etc...

Gamecocks
wiseman101

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liken Cam to John Elway, physically and mentally

Get Moncrief and Matthews and this is a repeat SB winning team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: