Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

St Louis Rams @ Seattle Seahawks: Offense Be Less Badder Edn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Many Sacks Will Robert Quinn Get?
Less Than 5
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
5-10
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
11-20
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
21+
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
LOLRAMS
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

Jazzaloha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
Nice win by the ''Hawks today. Offense wasn't great, but at least the run game got going enough to make some plays. Still not getting much out of the WR position. Tate was fabulous today, but where was everyone else? Baldwin was just a glorified O-lineman out there? Did Kearse even play? The Willson injury was tough, I don't know what the initial prognosis is, but I hope the air cast was just precautionary, we don't have enough offensive firepower at the moment to handle losing another weapon. Maybe Turbin can play TE? Sad

The D was stellar again today. Hopefully Mebane isn't hurt seriously, I figured it was just a precaution to hold him out at the end of the game. As good as our D is though, it's not going to be good enough to carry the offense through to the SB. This offense has to perform better no matter who they play in 2 weeks.

As far as the extra curricular activities go, in this game and most other games as well, the referees must do a better job of keeping that stuff under control. All that garbage that happened at the end of the 3rd quarter with Langford, etc. was building for the whole game. It was both teams causing it 50/50 from what I saw. Guys were jawing the whole game. The refs and the league do a horrible job of keeping that stuff under control. They know these last games are going to be intense and emotional. The league schedules nothing but inter-divisional games the last week of the season, so they have to know the animosity and intensity is going to be there mixed in with playoff berths and seeding at stake. They need to do a better job at controlling the games.

Now that I've said that, props to the official who didn't throw a flag on Chancellor for his helmet to shoulder hit on the Rams WR. I thought for sure the flag was coming on reputation alone. But the side judge made an outstanding call in not throwing his flag.

As for the playoffs. This will be a nice week off to get ready and hopefully get the kinks out the offense even more. The offense must play better or this team won't go far. The D is elite, but they're not so dominant that they can single handedly carry this team to the SB, imo.

I agree with a lot of what was said above.

Regarding the run game, what stood out for me was the run-blocking of the OL. In the past several games, they weren't really doing much, but today, I felt like they came to play and give Lynch good holes. This is going to be crucial going forward in my opinion.

I also think pass-protection is the key, but I don't expect a lot from this OL in that regard. If they can just not be awful in pass protection, but solid in run-blocking, I think that's a key to them winning it all.

On another note, anyone concerned about Wilson's accuracy? He had a rough start in the beginning, and I feel like the accuracy (high throws) that he had early in the season are coming back. (The one throw that really concerned me was the one thrown behind Miller(?), which almost resulted in an INT/pick 6.)

Oh, I also liked some of play calling--getting the ball out quicker and some designs that opened up receivers.

On the defensive side, the defense really contained the run all day, and that was good to see. (And, yes, I hope Mebane doesn't have a serious injury.)
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
GIF of the year:

I love the wink at the end by Pete. Laughing

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like being at a Seahawks game. Especially when we lock up HFA.

Each game I've gone to, we've had a LB take back a pick 6, so how about I get season tickets? Haha. Offense had a few really good drives, but we have to get better if we want to not have heart attacks during the playoffs.

Didn't realize the Rams took after their city and crime rate. Acted like thugs all game. Made it easier for us to pick up yards and get closer to the end zone.

We had a 1st and goal at the 4, came away with 3. Have to get 6 there. Every time. Even with the defense playing lights out.

Overall, can't be upset with HFA with our defense. No defense scares me in the NFC at home. Even the Panthers. Great D, but I think we can move the ball on them.

IDOG_det

#JDI
imani

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason i feel like this team has been holding back on offense the pass few weeks. Almost as if we've been playing possum for the playoffs and Harvin's return. Might be wishful thinking, but i don't ever remember seeing a stretch where the offense has been this vanilla for so long. Much less zone read, not as much bootleg PA, draw plays have gone down in number and there's been a certain electricity lacking from this offense. I don't think it's just with execution, I think it's been by design. One thing i have seen a lot of is screen plays. So many screen plays the last few weeks to wideouts (and wideouts only).

I'm starting to get the impression that we've been trying to add Harvin's role into the offense without Percy being there himself. Trying to put the Tate's, Baldwin's and Lockette's of the world into his shoes in a sort of trial simulation. I look for us to really open things up in the postseason and look completely different on offense, almost instantaneously. As much as this team preaches playing in the moment and not looking ahead, I feel as if that's exactly what they've been doing for the past month or so. Testing scenarios here and there in anticipation of the postseason and holding back on some of the bread and butter plays. Wilson hasn't had an opportunity to truly shine since the Saints came to town, and we clearly opened the floodgates on them.

Just a hunch, but it's been plucking at the back of my mind as i've been watching these games as of late.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Jazzaloha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
For some reason i feel like this team has been holding back on offense the pass few weeks. Almost as if we've been playing possum for the playoffs and Harvin's return. Might be wishful thinking, but i don't ever remember seeing a stretch where the offense has been this vanilla for so long.

I hope you're right, but that's not the sense I get at all. Here a few thoughts:

1. They've missed on big plays--namely the deep throws in the past several weeks--plays that they consistently made throughout the season. Had they made those plays, the offense would have looked a lot better. Similarly, Wilson and the receivers have been slightly off at times--the former throwing errant passes and the receivers dropping more than they normally seem to.

2. They've played against really good defenses--from the Niners, Giants, Cardinals and Rams. And these defenses (except for the Rams), really did a good job of shutting down the run. (Or you could say the OL didn't do enough of a good job, either.) The Cardinals did a good job of both shutting down the run and covering receivers.

In my view, the Seattle offense is an Old School offense: if you shut down their run--without really leaving yourself too vulnerable in the passing game--then the offense, as a whole, will struggle.

3. I feel like Bevell has struggled with knowing how to handle when the running game struggles: do you stubbornly stick with the run or do you open up the passing game, trying to exploit the defense that way? I think it's a challenge for every HC/OC and it's not an easy question to answer.

In yesterday's game, they didn't really have to face that question as the OL and running game got going fairly early and managed to be consistent enough with the run.

Quote:
Much less zone read, not as much bootleg PA, draw plays have gone down in number and there's been a certain electricity lacking from this offense. I don't think it's just with execution, I think it's been by design. One thing i have seen a lot of is screen plays. So many screen plays the last few weeks to wideouts (and wideouts only).

I don't think they ran many receiver screens. (They ran one against the Cardinals, and I think they ran only two against the Rams.) Then again, they seemed to have run less screens, in general, this year compared to last. As for PA boots or PAs in general, I think this has gotten less effective since the run game dried up.

Could they be saving plays? Maybe. (I feel like they're going to run some form of flea flicker in the playoffs.) But I feel like they were genuinely try to get the offense going in the past several weeks. (They seemed to make some quicker throws/shorter routes this past game.)
Jazzaloha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
We finished the year as a defense:

-#1 In PPGA
-#1 in INTs
-#1 Yards Per Play allowed
-#1 In Total Yards (by almost 30 yards a game, which means the next closest team gave up almost 500 more total yards this year)
-#1 Passing Defense
-#1 In Yards per pass attempt by a full yard
-#1 In both 40+ pass plays (3) and 20+ pass plays (30)
-#1 in Passer Rating
-#2 in Passing TDs allowed
-Tied for 7th in Rush yards per game (3.9 yards a pop)
-Tied for 1st in Rushing TDs allowed
-Tied for 8th in Sacks @ 44
-Tied for 3rd in first downs per game
-10th in 3rd down percentage (which is a big improvement)

This will definitely go down in history books. One of the best defenses this league has seen since 2000

This defense is really good--and their pass defense is dominant--probably the best in the league. If you're pass-heavy offense, you don't want to play against this defense. Not only will you be ineffective, but there's a good chance you'll turn the ball over as well.

However, a team that can patiently run the ball, and throw from run formations can be trouble for this team. I've also seen teams drive the length of the field, particularly near the end of the game, that leaves me concerned. In general, I've seen offenses (not necessarily good ones) move the ball against this team.

Still, I do think they're one of the best defenses in the league for sure. (The best defenses I've seen this year, off the top of my head: Niners, Panthers and Cardinals--the Cardinals in the last two games looked really impressive.)
imani

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We definitely run more than just one or two screens these last few weeks. I've seen designed bubble routes everywhere. Maybe they weren't necessarily the first options, but it was definitely being implemented.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
We definitely run more than just one or two screens these last few weeks. I've seen designed bubble routes everywhere. Maybe they weren't necessarily the first options, but it was definitely being implemented.
Last week it was. We ran one against the Cards and it was to Kearse

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: