Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

St Louis Rams @ Seattle Seahawks: Offense Be Less Badder Edn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Many Sacks Will Robert Quinn Get?
Less Than 5
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
5-10
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
11-20
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
21+
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
LOLRAMS
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

Sacks98

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what we got away with lol some of the Ram players were acting like punks Johnson is lucky Lynch was held back.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice win by the ''Hawks today. Offense wasn't great, but at least the run game got going enough to make some plays. Still not getting much out of the WR position. Tate was fabulous today, but where was everyone else? Baldwin was just a glorified O-lineman out there? Did Kearse even play? The Willson injury was tough, I don't know what the initial prognosis is, but I hope the air cast was just precautionary, we don't have enough offensive firepower at the moment to handle losing another weapon. Maybe Turbin can play TE? Sad

The D was stellar again today. Hopefully Mebane isn't hurt seriously, I figured it was just a precaution to hold him out at the end of the game. As good as our D is though, it's not going to be good enough to carry the offense through to the SB. This offense has to perform better no matter who they play in 2 weeks.

As far as the extra curricular activities go, in this game and most other games as well, the referees must do a better job of keeping that stuff under control. All that garbage that happened at the end of the 3rd quarter with Langford, etc. was building for the whole game. It was both teams causing it 50/50 from what I saw. Guys were jawing the whole game. The refs and the league do a horrible job of keeping that stuff under control. They know these last games are going to be intense and emotional. The league schedules nothing but inter-divisional games the last week of the season, so they have to know the animosity and intensity is going to be there mixed in with playoff berths and seeding at stake. They need to do a better job at controlling the games.

Now that I've said that, props to the official who didn't throw a flag on Chancellor for his helmet to shoulder hit on the Rams WR. I thought for sure the flag was coming on reputation alone. But the side judge made an outstanding call in not throwing his flag.

As for the playoffs. This will be a nice week off to get ready and hopefully get the kinks out the offense even more. The offense must play better or this team won't go far. The D is elite, but they're not so dominant that they can single handedly carry this team to the SB, imo.

Sheldon Cooper
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a good game. I'm disgusted by the refs but it wouldn't have made a difference. Seattle's defense dominated the game. And that was the best I've seen Wilson play against the Rams.

You guys were the better team today. Respect to Golden Tate...he took a beating...deservedly so...but managed to get right back up and play a great game. Good luck.(not really, I have to root against you, SF and Carolina...sigh...)

Although, I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel good to see Austin Pettis ruin your record. Wink

Sacks98 wrote:
I don't know what we got away with lol some of the Ram players were acting like punks Johnson is lucky Lynch was held back.

That's absolutely laughable. Lynch was the one acting like a punk. Johnson got his helmet knocked off and still fought to ride Lynch out of bounds. Lynch is the one that threw a stiff-arm into the face of a helmet-less player and refused to let go even after he was out of bounds.

I applaud Ogletree for doing what he did. Blatant personal foul on Ogletree on that play...and I can't argue otherwise but what Lynch did was dirtier.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Congrats on your first overall seed. Looks like we are the "bye brothers" this year.

PS the Rams are probably the dirtiest team in the NFL

That's pretty much non-negotiable.

I'm cool with that. Better than being the softest. Seattle and Carolina are right there with us too.

Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Not really a good game. I'm disgusted by the refs but it wouldn't have made a difference. Seattle's defense dominated the game. And that was the best I've seen Wilson play against the Rams.

You guys were the better team today. Respect to Golden Tate...he took a beating...deservedly so...but managed to get right back up and play a great game. Good luck.(not really, I have to root against you, SF and Carolina...sigh...)

Although, I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel good to see Austin Pettis ruin your record. Wink

Sacks98 wrote:

That's absolutely laughable. Lynch was the one acting like a punk. Johnson got his helmet knocked off and still fought to ride Lynch out of bounds. Lynch is the one that threw a stiff-arm into the face of a helmet-less player and refused to let go even after he was out of bounds.

I applaud Ogletree for doing what he did. Blatant personal foul on Ogletree on that play...and I can't argue otherwise but what Lynch did was dirtier.

If the play isn't blown dead and the guy without the helmet continues, then it's open season. I applaud Johnson for continuing, but trying to knock Lynch for playing until the whistle is blown is laughable. Be happy he wasn't more aggressive and knock out dudes teeth or gouge out an eyeball....it could have been far worse. Ogletree also did the right thing by standing up for his teammate. A win for the Rams is irrelevant, but showing the league that you are physical and won't back down leaves a lasting impression for next season.
bill21792

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

Sacks98 wrote:

Now I admittedly only watched this once while it was live, but if I remember correctly Lynch had his hand on the facemask via stiffarm which then came off. Seems to me like that's more of continuation of the stiffarm then trying to hit him in the face. And I didn't watch replay 20 times, but it looked like Lynch got hit the second they got out of bounds, not getting a chance to remove the arm. There should be a 2 second grace period lol.

Not saying Lynch was bein all innocent, he was definitely jawing with Johnson/
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Sacks98 wrote:

If the play isn't blown dead and the guy without the helmet continues, then it's open season. I applaud Johnson for continuing, but trying to knock Lynch for playing until the whistle is blown is laughable. Be happy he wasn't more aggressive and knock out dudes teeth or gouge out an eyeball....it could have been far worse. Ogletree also did the right thing by standing up for his teammate. A win for the Rams is irrelevant, but showing the league that you are physical and won't back down leaves a lasting impression for next season.

The play was dead. He was out of bounds and he didn't let go. Which is why Ogletree shoved him off of Johnson.

Bill, you bring up valid points but it seemed to me that the play was dead for a few ticks before Ogletree shoved him. And when Ogletree shoved him, he definitely had his hand on Johnson's face.

SoS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

Felt good to hold Robert Quinn back from the NFL sack leader. 2nd place is cool though.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Felt good to hold Robert Quinn back from the NFL sack leader. 2nd place is cool though.

Took the NFL awarding Mathis an extra sack for that.

2nd place is cool...interestingly enough, Seattle ended up in 2nd place in PR yards allowed...guess who ended up #1? The St. Louis Rams. And Johnny Hekker set the NFL record for net punting average in a season.(44.2) Laughing

bill21792

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

Bill, you bring up valid points but it seemed to me that the play was dead for a few ticks before Ogletree shoved him. And when Ogletree shoved him, he definitely had his hand on Johnson's face.

Just rewatched it. Pretty much, they were both going out of bounds and Lynch gave him a shove AS they were going out, so still while the play was live. (Or atleast in the twilight of live play vs. dead play). So I'd say that alone is legal, but kinda douchy when he could've just rode momentum outta bounds. I don't think Ogletree gave him enough of a grace-period to get his hands off, he definitely made the hit when the play was over.

I think it was the correct call, but Lynch was adding fuel to the fire for sure with that shove.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bill21792 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Just rewatched it. Pretty much, they were both going out of bounds and Lynch gave him a shove AS they were going out, so still while the play was live. (Or atleast in the twilight of live play vs. dead play). So I'd say that alone is legal, but kinda douchy when he could've just rode momentum outta bounds. I don't think Ogletree gave him enough of a grace-period to get his hands off, he definitely made the hit when the play was over.

I think it was the correct call, but Lynch was adding fuel to the fire for sure with that shove.

It was definitely the correct call. I was just saying to the person calling Johnson a punk that Lynch's move was a bigger punk move.

SoS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SoS wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

2nd place is cool...interestingly enough, Seattle ended up in 2nd place in PR yards allowed...guess who ended up #1? The St. Louis Rams. And Johnny Hekker set the NFL record for net punting average in a season.(44.2) Laughing

Oh golly, not the punt return record Laughing Screw the playoffs, I wanted that special teams record Laughing
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SoS wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Oh golly, not the punt return record Laughing Screw the playoffs, I wanted that special teams record Laughing

Good to see you understand the significance of this. It was really an easy choice for the Rams. Playoffs or record for net punting? Laughing

imani

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SoS wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SoS wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Good to see you understand the significance of this. It was really an easy choice for the Rams. Playoffs or record for net punting? Laughing

Between it all, only one thing be remembered forever in the record books....

...the amount of personal fouls the rams had Laughing

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SoS wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SoS wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Between it all, only one thing be remembered forever in the record books....

...the amount of personal fouls the rams had Laughing

I don't think they quite matched the amount they had against Carolina...mainly because they had like 5 that were offset. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: